1.    #1  
    Ok, so I know there will probably be keyboards a'flyin' with this question, but humor me (please).

I am strongly debating between purchasing the 600 or the 650. I've read all the reviews/criticisms for both units but I guess my ultimate question is - since I have NOT been a treo user before (only a palm vii once upon a time ago) - will the memory, lag and whatever issues on the 650 be all the noticable or a major concern for a "lay" user. My primary function for the unit will be for calls, about 200-300 contacts, email, messenging and some browser stuff.

Your thoughts?
    The 650, hands down. Unless you absolutely need the few extra megs, the 650 is an upgrade in every respect.
    I'm in the same boat, SamCraig.

Mostly calls, a couple of hundred contacts. MAYBE some email/web when i'm on the road and NEED to check stuff. But I like the idea of syncing only 1 device (instead of syncing a cell phone and a PDA) and having my calendar along for the ride.

Can i get away with the 600?

The deals on the 600 are intriguing!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Don't listen to all these naysayers. The 650 is a great piece of hardware. This cr^p is posted all the time when new hardware comes out. The improved screen is well worth the extra for the 650. For what you are doing the 650 will excel. I am really enjoying mine, what a pleasure after duimping the SideKick II and iPaq h6315!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I just received my 650, but I have no plans to activate it anytime soon until I see proof that the obvious faults have been corrected...with that said, I think your best bet is the 600. It will serve your needs more then adaquetly, and is more proven. Cheaper too, at this point.