Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is a computer required to download applications? Is there any way to download applications from the web browser on the 650? Everytime I try to download from the 650 browser it will not download due to file being a .zip file. Any help would be appreciated.
    The downloads will work from Blazer only if the file is a "naked" (unzipped) .prc file. There are however, utiltiies that you can install on your Palm handheld that will open up zip files on the palm itself. An example is PalmHandZipper.

The irony of course, is that PalmHandZipper is itself downloaded via a ZIP file, so you will need a computer to unzip the archive first and then send to your Palm before you can start unzipping directly from your handheld.
    Checkout TreoBits for software that can be downloaded directly from your Treo. We have provided automatic unzipping of zip files (only when accessing from a Treo), so that you can download the individual files that you want.

scaredpoet's suggestion is a good one as well, except in the case when the file is too large for the Treo to download.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Checkout TreoBits for software that can be downloaded directly from your Treo. We have provided automatic unzipping of zip files (only when accessing from a Treo), so that you can download the individual files that you want.

scaredpoet's suggestion is a good one as well, except in the case when the file is too large for the Treo to download.
    Thanks for the help. I checked TreoBits and I have one question. Is all of the software compatible with the 650? Everything seems to be for the 600 model.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjones
    Thanks for the help. I checked TreoBits and I have one question. Is all of the software compatible with the 650? Everything seems to be for the 600 model.
    We don't develop the software, so not really a question I can answer. There have been some applications that have had issues on the Treo 650. We do need to add a Treo 650 category though.

A Treo 650 compatibility list is being maintained by someone.

http://www.palmfocus.com/treo650software.asp

It's being discussed in a thread here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62566