Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here it is, after hours of tracing code, it was a trival two byte patch... Here is the file, overwrite the existing one...

EDIT:

With so many people loading this patch, let me give the basic install instructions here to help get rid of problems:

1) Press reset button
    2) Load the patch file
    a) Set up versamail or other mail program on Treo.
    b) Email the patched file to yourself
    c) Check the mail on the Treo and load the file to RAM... Overwrite if asked.
    3) Press the reset button again
    4) Check to verify it all works...

Lastly, many people have asked to make donations to me for my time and effort in the community. I have to date, refused to comment much on these offers. I have decided to allow the following paypal account to collect these for me but must ask, if you donate, please keep the amounts small. There is no reason to give me more than a small thank you. As such please, no more than $5 per person... Spend it on programs you like for palm!
    shadowmite@shadowmite.com
    Finally, here is my website where you'll always find all my files no matter how buried they get at this forum! Thanks to MoleMan!
    Code:
    http://www.shadowmite.com
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shadowmite; 10/13/2005 at 04:43 PM.
    hilarious....Not even a week!!!
    LMAO
    somebody let me know if this is credible
  3.    #3  
    It's a little flaky, I've used it and it works, but you have to soft reset the phone afterward from the tests I've done...
    WOW. Great job!
    Impressive! Very nice work!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    "you are Da MAN !!!" ...you should be working for sprint

just used my Linksys USBBT100 Bluetooth USB Adapter on my pc and it found the treo and works !!!!! no more wires for PDANet !!!!
    Wow!! What are you supposed to dial (the dial string)?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Here it is, after hours of tracing code, it was a trival two byte patch... Here is the file, overwrite the existing one...

Congrats and I think we'd all like to tell Sprint exactly what to do! (Feel sorry for the guys that released PdaNet - maybe they'll put it out as freeware! )
    Why would it cause you to need a soft reset after using. There must be another piece somewhere....clearly it was designed to have DUN working....

GREAT JOB Shaodwmite - now if my Treo would just hurry up and get here.
    How do I back up my old btmanager.prc? Also, do I just install this like I would install an app? Sorry, I'm not as technically inclined as most of you guys!
    Is this essentially what PDANet's beta Treo 650 program does? Is there an advantage to the PDANet approach?
    Free PDANet would be nice. $34.95 each time you change platform is just too much. I'm surprised no developer came out with a competing product at a lower price. Woulda sold a lot of copies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zen of Palm
    Congrats and I think we'd all like to tell Sprint exactly what to do! (Feel sorry for the guys that released PdaNet - maybe they'll put it out as freeware! )
  13.    #13  
    I install the file by copying it to the SD card from my computer, then use teal mover to copy it to ram... I'm sure it'll probably work just installing it by hotsyncing it though...

I don't know if you'll have to reset each time you use it... Clearly it wasn't intended to be released thus they didn't do much quality testing on it... But it appears to work quite fast... Only time with us using it will find the bugs.

You see they created the bluetooth form that comes up on everyones screen and then just "hid" the DUN portion... So I unhid it... And completely blocked off the hiding function from ever being called... Everything else is as they programmed it.
    Shadowmite, you rock!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Anyone can tell me what I'm supposed to dial for Vision connection from the PC (I know my username and password).
    Installer woudln't install it. I had to email it to myself then copy it to applications.

I setup BT DUN service in XP (SP2), but when i try to connect out it looks for a PAN service? And doesn't see the treo. I've never done this before, seems very confusing...Will have to try later. Very cool.

Also, when treo is off, it seems to not want to come on for a few seconds. I have to repeatedly press the power key.
    It's #777, isn't it?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Ata Kid!

I saw you talking about it a few days ago, I am impressed.

Thanks
    Lonzo
  19.    #19  
    #777 for the number, your vision login (ie joeschmo@sprint.com), and your vision password...
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    It's #777, isn't it?
    Yep.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast