Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Great job, ShadowMite. So great, in fact, that I'm using my 650 (for DUN) and Powerbook to type this message.
    just a heads-up, hope the moderators won't mind, but tomorrow and saturday, (nov 26/27), compusa will have a 10 meter belkin bluetooth adapter on sale for $9.99 after rebates. also, a 100 meter belkin bluetooth adapter for $19.99 after rebates.

i'll be the geek standing outside compusa fogging up the window first thing thursday morning.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    hey shadowmite
    it seems to me that there are alot of people including my self that are not realy happy with the bluetooth capabilty in general... the it is interacting with verious headsets as well as handsfree various cars. now I am not a programer and no clue but is it possiable to fix or make the bluetooth better by a patch of some sort? and if yes than would you be able to help? I am sure people here will pay for your trouble and time
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    hey shadowmite
    it seems to me that there are alot of people including my self that are not realy happy with the bluetooth capabilty in general... the it is interacting with verious headsets as well as handsfree various cars. now I am not a programer and no clue but is it possiable to fix or make the bluetooth better by a patch of some sort? and if yes than would you be able to help? I am sure people here will pay for your trouble and time
    Unforunately I do not have a car or headset that doesn't work with the phone... So my ability to help is quite limited. Keep in mind, almost every car out there with built in bluetooth has had updates made available by the car manufacturer to fix linking problems with other cell phones (like the t608). You might want to check with the maker of the car/headset for updates first... If there are still problems, well, we'll have to take it from there. I did find a file in the 650 that lists 4 bluetooth headsets as specifically supported...
    which ones are those profiles? and if we buy of the 4 headsets are we to that it would work flawlessly?
    is the jabra 250 is one of those profiles cuse it flakey at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola
    Great job, ShadowMite. So great, in fact, that I'm using my 650 (for DUN) and Powerbook to type this message.

Well.. I finally got the DUN feature working on my laptop...
    Had to travel 3hr for thanksgiving and return 3 hr same day. played online poker the whole way home!!

thanks!!

Geff
    Just a heads up that VersaMail's autosync on a schedule apparently kills a DUN connection despite the notice that other net access is disabled while Bluetooth DUN option is enabled. Not a big deal, but something that obviously needs some work by Sprint before an official Bluetooth DUN is released.
    shadomite, any chance of telling us what are the 4 profiles of...which bluetooth headset?
  10.    #150  
    I'm currently visiting family for thanksgiving (yet I still come here... Hmm...) so I can't dump the file right this moment. But I remember one was the hbh-30 headset from Sony Ericsson... I'll post with the others sometime sunday night or monday... I might also look at some of the other requests people have made at that time...
    Well Shadow brought us Christmas early, but let's not expect a holiday miracle. ;-)

Unfortunately, the BT implementation will not get better. (the old BT 1.1 vs. 1.2 issue).

Appears that BT sync and DUN will be fine, but headsets and handsfree will be a bit lacking.

I think there was a BT headset poll/thread already. Might be worth reawakening.

But that's another thread. This Thanksgiving, I was thankful for Shadow's persistence and sharing :-)
    thanks shadowmite and happy thanksgiving...
    eli
    Another thanks to Shadowmite! I've been using BT DUN since the night it was released with very few problems on a 17" Powerbook. I'm noticing several people making comments about having problems after they installed the patch. Given that the patch just uncovers an existing graphical element, shouldn't the 650 be in exactly the same state as it was before it was patched if DUN is set to off?

I have noticed that I occasionally don't get the warning about not being able to use other data services when I set DUN to yes. In order to actually get a connection when this happens, I end up doing a soft reset. Otherwise, I've actually been able to do multiple connections without having to reset the phone, or modify anything else.

On the Mac side, I've noticed a bug where suspending the computer while DUN is still connected sometimes makes OS X quite unhappy. This isn't a big deal, as it is easily solvable, but folks might want to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I'm currently visiting family for thanksgiving (yet I still come here... Hmm...) so I can't dump the file right this moment. But I remember one was the hbh-30 headset from Sony Ericsson... I'll post with the others sometime sunday night or monday... I might also look at some of the other requests people have made at that time...
    Thanks to the BT DUN patch, I can visit family for Thanksgiving and dump firmware at the same time. The headsets are:

JABRA BT200
    JABRA 250
    Motorola HS810
    HBH-30
    I had the soft reset problem at first but found Marty1781's post early on in this thread instructing to re-install it and do a soft reset a second time and that did the trick. I was able to pair with my Zodiac successfully and get online with that. It didn't seem to dial in and connect the first time from within Blazer 2.0 (on my Zodiac) so I went directly into the Prefs/Network screen connected successfully there, then exited it and fired up Blazer and everything worked fine.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamP
    Thanks to the BT DUN patch, I can visit family for Thanksgiving and dump firmware at the same time. The headsets are:

JABRA BT200
    JABRA 250
    Motorola HS810
    HBH-30
    A thanksgiving multi-tasker Thanks for the info. I just pre-ordered the HS-850 this week, so hopefully it will work well!
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamP

JABRA BT200
    JABRA 250
    Motorola HS810
    HBH-30
    Awesome, thanks for finding that. I just don't have my prc editing program or the explorer with me...
    Same here. I was able to use my PowerBook and Treo 650 during a Thanksgiving visit to Grandma's out in the sticks in Texas! Pretty amazing.

What's interesting is that I don't think there's data service out there. Does DUN transmit over the cellphone (voice) network as opposed to the data network? If/so that can be kind of handy since you can connect to the internet where there is no data service....
    No matter what I do or who's directions I follow, I can't get it to work. Keep getting the open and close library error. It tries to connect to my 650 and fails, tells me the service is unavailable. I am very frustrated, as everyone else can seem to get it to work.
    Equake
    I find I almost always have to do a soft reset of the phone each time I want to use BT DUN. I'm starting to believe Sprint really was holding back because of quirks in the software. I don't mind doing a soft reset in getting this to work mind you, but many folks would have hammered P1 and Sprint if they'd released this in its current condition. I also find it's reliable for about an hour and then it dies. Sometimes I can reconnect, and sometimes I have to do another soft reset. No big deal, but it's really not quite soup IMHO.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast