Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    You don't really need your vision login and password to use DUN, just the #777 will do. Three tricks to making this work for me were (1) follow the suggestion above and email the file to your Treo and then save the attachment and (2) redo the bluetooth link between your phone and Treo which will enable the DUN capability and (3) enable the DUN option in the BlueTooth app on the Treo. Now you're ready to create a New location for networking, choose Bluetooth, choose SprintPCS as the modem, and enter #777 for the dial string. Works great!
    Corrrection: redo the bluetooth link above should be between your Treo and your PC. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    After I install the patch, when I click on "setup devices" in BlueTooth, my Treo crashes (soft reset). Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea how to resolve it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I'd hardly call this patch stable.
    Neither would I, nor did I. Reread the sentence: I said that with more resources (human, capital, etc.), Sprint should be able to write a stable version of the patch. I didn't say that the existing patch was stable.
    I have the same problem. unable to setup new devices such as wireless headset. I think we'll need to install the original BTManager to add new devices and then revert back to the patched version afterward if you want DUN. ShadowMite has posted the original in this thread.

Nate
    Ignore my last post. The solution is posted in an earlier response in this thread. Just reinstall the patch and the problem is solved.

Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by richardls
    After I install the patch, when I click on "setup devices" in BlueTooth, my Treo crashes (soft reset). Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea how to resolve it?
    I'm experiencing the same problem. I've probably tried about 20 times and still the treo crashes. I get an error message that reads "translibopenerr ox740f". Can anyone help me?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Nate, thanks. I didn't see it. That worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by askcpa
    I'm experiencing the same problem. I've probably tried about 20 times and still the treo crashes. I get an error message that reads "translibopenerr ox740f". Can anyone help me?
    Make sure Bluetooth is off and then soft reset the device. Email the file from your computer to yourself and grab the email with Versamail. Click on the attachment and it will ask if you would like to repalce file that is already on the handheld. Click yes. Click on the attachment again and it will ask again. Tell it yes again. Now you initiate a SOFT RESET on the device (this is crucial). The device should not soft reset anymore when you go to "setup devices."
    I finally got to that step, but now it can not find the device. Please help again!!!!!!!!! thanks.
    When enabling Bluetooth DUN, you must make sure that nothing on the Treo is using data services otherwise you'll get those openlib and closelib errors. For example, if you have Verichat set to Always connected, the DUN will not start correctly.

Regarding problems with detecting the device, this likely means the external device's bluetooth radio is not on. The treo will automaically detect devices when going through the setup devices option. I've had no problems yet.

Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    When enabling Bluetooth DUN, you must make sure that nothing on the Treo is using data services otherwise you'll get those openlib and closelib errors. For example, if you have Verichat set to Always connected, the DUN will not start correctly.

Regarding problems with detecting the device, this likely means the external device's bluetooth radio is not on. The treo will automaically detect devices when going through the setup devices option. I've had no problems yet.

Nate
    Thanks nate and everyone else who has helped me. Finally, it worked.
    i cant get quick install to put it on my treo.. Am i doing something wrong?

do i have to rename it?
    can anyone help me to use versamail. i will reward anyone to help me setup my aol account to work smoothly. i have it working but i want to know the best way to set it up for my use.
    thanks
    mark
    It's working really well for me know with my PowerBook G4 running OSX. Does anyone have this version of the patch and do you know if there's any difference?

-Vincent

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=399
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    It's working really well for me know with my PowerBook G4 running OSX. Does anyone have this version of the patch and do you know if there's any difference?

-Vincent

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=399
    This is my file, they copied it without permission or credit. There is no difference. It wouldn't bother me if they would at least admit that it's the same hack. The way they reference it though it confuses people...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    This is my file, they copied it without permission or credit. There is no difference. It wouldn't bother me if they would at least admit that it's the same hack. The way they reference it though it confuses people...
    Thats really shady...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    have you contacted them about it? they really should correct that. they make it appear as if it's a palmone patch. yeah, right!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I have the patch installed and can see the dun setting.... HOWEVER, i can't configure my bluetooth headset now...

whenever i select set up devices, i am getting a soft reset... done it about 10 times now... trying with BT off and on... still getting the soft reset...

HELP... drowing here trying to set up my headset... thx
  20.    #140  
    jscottcj:

Try:

1) Press reset button
    2) Reload the patch file
    3) Press the reset button again
    4) Try to pair it, but verify it's not already listed in trusted devices...
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast