Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930
    Quote Originally Posted by dan33764
    Gentlemen
    I have been following your post and I have installed the patch and then I found I I guess I dont need it??? I have PdaNet 3.2..... However It will not pair with my computer for some reason. Does anyone have any advice on this... I receive error 773 (BT connection error) however I hotsync with bluetooth and I have a BT headset. So any help would be appreciated!

Dan.... newbie
    I am having the same problem. Did you ever find the solution to your issue? I would really appreciate the help.
    The only problem I have is whenever I go to use BT Dun on my laptop, I have to repair the laptop and the treo everytime i go to use it. Is this normal ? I hav the Sprint 650 with 1.12
    Are you using the patch with 1.12? You don't need to. 1.12 already has DUN allowable, and works much better than the patch did.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hey Shadowmite, do you have a hack for the DUN on Treo 600? If you don't, where do you suggest I look for one?

You can reach me at:
    deedewdle@hotmail.com
    Hey Shadowmite,

Do you have a DUN crack for the Treo 600? If you don't, where do you suggest I look for one?

-Deedewdle
    silverado how do i get this patch please send me info bobsvstar2000@hotmail.com
    Last edited by fastconnect; 10/11/2005 at 07:29 PM. Reason: want to add email
    I hope somebody can assist me. I have used DUN via BT for awhile, bit not for the past month. I attempted to use it today and no luck. I am able to connect to my Treo but when I click dial it just says dialing and treo does not connect to internet. I use Treo 650 Sprint Ver 1.08 and Windows XP Home BT. Any help is appreciated.
    [QUOTE=shadowmite]Thanks! If you don't mind, I'll add your instruction links to my website to go with the DUN patch and custom rom's based on it... Let me know,

shadowmite[/QUOTE

Help needed badly. I keep getting Error 721 when I try to connect my laptop to my Treo 650 (cingular). I used the username and passwords and dialup # that you posted on your website. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Great work with the hack, thanks for all your help.
    Shadowmite U R Da ****ing Man.. It Works Great Man
    I set up my phone a while back (several months) with shadowmite's hack. It worked great for DUN with my laptop. I had to replace my phone recently with another Treo 650 - set everything up the same, and it worked fine for about a week. Yesterday it was working fine. When I tried to establish a DUN connection today, I get "Opening Port - Error 633 - The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or not configured properly."

I tried a soft reset, rebooting my computer, various USB ports for the bluetooth card on the laptop, a hard reset, completely deleting and reestablishing pairing with the phone and DUN service, removing and reinstalling the shadowmite hack... hmm, think that is about it.

I did notice one wierd thing - where the hack usually delayed 5-10 seconds when I enabled DUN, it now enables it almost immediately. The only time there is a delay is if I have used the data service without DUN - then there is a couple of second delay close to what it normally did.

Any ideas/suggestions? I really would like to get back to DUNing
    i have servo plan, so i have unlimited internet usage
    but since this is dial up, i'm wondering if they'll charge me for minute useages
    i looked through this thread and i guess no one asked it.. (i guess i'm the noob here haha)

and thank you again shadowmite for the great work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    i have servo plan, so i have unlimited internet usage
    but since this is dial up, i'm wondering if they'll charge me for minute useages
    i looked through this thread and i guess no one asked it.. (i guess i'm the noob here haha)

and thank you again shadowmite for the great work!!
    According to this site you'll be fine... http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/ :

"You don't need the Plus Pack or Ultimate Pack. The standard Access Pack ($15 per month) gives unlimited Bluetooth DUN usage."
    Hello Everyone,

Will this Bluetooth hack work with the Treo 700wx from Sprint? Or is this just a hack specific to the Treo 650?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
    Here it is, after hours of tracing code, it was a trival two byte patch... Here is the file, overwrite the existing one...

EDIT:

With so many people loading this patch, let me give the basic install instructions here to help get rid of problems:

1) Press reset button
    2) Load the patch file
    a) Set up versamail or other mail program on Treo.
    b) Email the patched file to yourself
    c) Check the mail on the Treo and load the file to RAM... Overwrite if asked.
    3) Press the reset button again
    4) Check to verify it all works...

Lastly, many people have asked to make donations to me for my time and effort in the community. I have to date, refused to comment much on these offers. I have decided to allow the following paypal account to collect these for me but must ask, if you donate, please keep the amounts small. There is no reason to give me more than a small thank you. As such please, no more than $5 per person... Spend it on programs you like for palm!

Finally, here is my website where you'll always find all my files no matter how buried they get at this forum! Thanks to MoleMan!
    Code:
    http://www.shadowmite.com
    Awsome!! glad someone figured out how to make the treo700wx phones work with as a modem. Having a difficult time downloading the file BtManager.patched.prc . I am redirected to a page that wants me to log back in...but I am already logged in. Any ideas???
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    does anyone have this working for the 755p?
    Yes. Look here: http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

Follow the instructions for 700p (works for 755p)
    I wanted to ask... will this patch work with a Palm Treo 650 from Alltel?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    So I found the Shadowmite bt h*ck for treo 650. I email it to myself. I install. Overwrite? yes. Reboot....

So it all seems great upon reboot. I go to bt and try to find other bt nearby and I detect none. Normally in this room i detect at least 3 and a mac in another room. Did I botch this by installing this treo 650 bt hack on my unlocked tmobile 680?

specs:
    att treo 680 unlocked and currently using tmobile.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930