Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Welp, I can get my laptop (which has Win XP SP 2) to pair with the 650, but it won't recognize it as a modem when I try to install a new modem so I can't make a new network connection using the 650. It's probably a "Code 18" error so if anyone who's got it working post a quick step-by-step tut for what you need to do on the Win XP SP2 side, that would be much appreciated!!

This is all very very exciting!
    Way to go shadow... Lets see how long it takes Sprint to get it out, if ever..
    Quote Originally Posted by coelacanth
    wow. thank you so much shadowmite.

has anybody made it work with Mac OS X??

I installed patch and treo side should be fine, but I can't figure out the right setting on my powerbook side.
    I'm also interested in an OSX success story. I'll try it tonight on my PBG4.
    Sharkmite, thanks again for your great work. Any insight on fixing the bluetooth issue with the Prius and Acura TL?
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zen of Palm
    You can now use the Treo 650 as a modem (connecting wirelessly via Bluetooth) for a Bluetooth laptop, desktop or larger PDA. This kind of flexibility is why a lot of people have started getting rid of their land lines and just using a cell.
    This 61 year old grandma thanks you for that easy to understand explanation. Now I have to figure out how to add Bluetooth to my home computer.
    Can more people who have this working report on their connection speeds (through bandwidthplace.com or similar site)? I assume it should be similar as connecting through pdanet and hotsync cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    This 61 year old grandma thanks you for that easy to understand explanation. Now I have to figure out how to add Bluetooth to my home computer.

Logitech makes a cordless keyboard/mouse combo that includes bluetooth, that will manage and sync any bluetooth devices, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure if it will work to allow you to sync with outlook but I'm sure the gurugeeks here can tell you.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Now...if I can just get a hack to install bluetooth on my T600 to use this hack!!!
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    now if somebody can only hack the bluetooth handsfree profile so that it works with the toyota prius and the acura's... hope it's this easy!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Sweeeeeet~!! Thanks, shadowmite~!! I'm very anxious to try it out after work!
    Got it to work!!! Whoo hoo! It took a few tries of re-pairing up the laptop and 650, but now I'm posting over BT DUN. Awesome job again and thanks, Shadowmite!

What helped in my case was to remove the profile for my BT headset. Don't know if this helped or not, but it did work after I did this.

Here are my speeds from broadbandreports.com. Not too impressive at all, but I only get around 1-2 bars reception at home. I travel a lot for work and am looking forward to seeing the increase in speed in areas where I get better reception.

Los Angeles Server (from CT), BroadbandReports.com
    Test 1: 43 kbps down, 51 kbps up
    Test 2: 43 down, 91 up

Speakeasy Test, BroadbandReports.com
    41 down, 81 up
    42 down, 75 up
    I get a soft reset everytime I hit the setup devices link after installing the file, I can turn it on and off ok, but setup devices = soft reset... any ideas as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    I'm actually in the same situation as you. I just did a web search and it looks like the Linksys Bluetooth adapter is the one I'll be getting (rather than the D-Link DBT-120). See the reviews on Amazon.com on how to set it up differently if you're using Windows XP with Service Pack 2:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=38&prid=581

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DBT-120

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    Got it to work!!! Whoo hoo! It took a few tries of re-pairing up the laptop and 650, but now I'm posting over BT DUN. Awesome job again and thanks, Shadowmite!

What helped in my case was to remove the profile for my BT headset. Don't know if this helped or not, but it did work after I did this.

Here are my speeds from broadbandreports.com. Not too impressive at all, but I only get around 1-2 bars reception at home. I travel a lot for work and am looking forward to seeing the increase in speed in areas where I get better reception.

Los Angeles Server (from CT), BroadbandReports.com
    Test 1: 43 kbps down, 51 kbps up
    Test 2: 43 down, 91 up

Speakeasy Test, BroadbandReports.com
    41 down, 81 up
    42 down, 75 up
    You don't have to remove the bluetooth headset. Just make sure you have your computer trusted device listed before your headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    now if somebody can only hack the bluetooth handsfree profile so that it works with the toyota prius and the acura's... hope it's this easy!
    Yes, the geeky Prius owners (and what other kind are there? ) are desperate ... though I must say that shadowmite has given me enough hope that I'm not cancelling my order (yes, I can live with the other issues for now if it'll just eventually work with the Prius ...)
    No one with OS X??
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan
    You don't have to remove the bluetooth headset. Just make sure you have your computer trusted device listed before your headset.
    Thanks DaMan. I realized just what you said after I re-paired the BT headset after making a successful BT DUN connection, which in essence, does the same thing. I sort of went the long way around the barn...
    Okay this might be a very stupid (or hopeful) question BUT, will this work with a Mac? With my T600 I use "WirelessModem" via USB.

Please don't turn this into a Mac v. PC thing.

SS
    Hate to be a party pooper, but is anyone else besides me concerned that this might result in Sprint deciding to increase the price of their Vision plan for the Treo 650?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    This should work with a OSX with no problems, I would think. I wish I could try it, but Im waiting for my GSM 650.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast