Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930 LastLast
    I can connect the PC Bluetooth adapter and the bluetooth from my Treo easily . I am able to stay connected , but when I go to launch the Blazer Browser it doesn't want to go online. I have set up the PC SP2 drivers , shared the network connection thru the BT reciever as instructed previously . Heck , my laptop even uses this BT without any problems! I know I did everything right , after much research & hours of troubleshooting. I got a wireless BT connection shared to my Treo 650 , no problem! But Blazer doesn't seem to use this method of network sharing . I have even tried the "advanced" option within the Blazer App itself , but the "proxy " doesn't go through either? Weird? Does anyone know how to enable the Blazer app to work with the "reverse DUN" thru Bluetooth ? I would be extremely greatful for any info that may be helpful. I have read much of this forum and Blazer seems to be the real problem! I have Cingular , not sure if this matters? Please let me know if you have figuered out how to make the phone browser work in this manner. Again , much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
  2. THM
    OK, I feel stupid but I need help. I followed Shadowmite's directions on the website and downloaded the patch both via email to my new 650. I look on Filez and the patched BtManager seems to be there. But no DUN....

I'm a new Palm user, so I'm sure I did something wrong. Can someone help me by walking me through this?
    DUN is set up (no hack needed, i have unlocked GSM that came with it working) and the laptop seems to be set properly. after hitting dial, the error: unknown application and ok appears on TREO.
    (laptop thinks it is still working and times out eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by llamahunter
    I'm also seeing this problem using cingular using this (corrected) phone number. Did cingular change the number?

Richard
    #510 and #511 apparently have the same problem i do....no one has responded, as far as i can tell...
    anyone know what to do?
    i am still lost.

actually, i am at about 5 1/2 hours, which means i must get it working in the next 30 min...everyone else got it in 6 hours!!
    Does this work for Cingular Branded phones? I see Sprint is the actual name of it , but if it works with Cingular please post it as well. Thanks Shadowmite , you are truly one of a kind! My best wishes to you on all your days to come , great work! Donations are sure to keep coming , you are the man.... or should I say .... you are the dog!
    "Please let me know if you have figuered out how to make the phone browser work in this manner"

Not sure if this is your question but, with the DUN enabled you cannot use the othernetwork (data) functions. I have to turn DUN off to use blazer, email, ect.

--

treo 650 using sprint
    Has anyone had problems using the DUN with the new 1.12 update for Sprint? When I try to use DUN, I keep getting the error "Could not connect to modem".

Thanks in advance

Panic
    Quote Originally Posted by panic215
    Has anyone had problems using the DUN with the new 1.12 update for Sprint?
    No, it worked great on my PowerBook.
    Hi,
    I have a Handspring Treo 650 CDMA phone from Sprint. This is a ledgitimate, brand
    new phone with no contractual obligations, that i bought online.

Sprint costumer service does not give me the code so I can reset the phone manually.
    I want to clear the existing MSL to 000000 so that Verizon will be
    able to reprogram the phone over the air (Verizon assumes the MSL is
    always 000000).

Can someone please help me with a proceedure that I can actually use. It breakes my heart to see this phone sit without using it.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amnribeiro
    Hi,
    I have a Handspring Treo 650 CDMA phone from Sprint. This is a ledgitimate, brand
    new phone with no contractual obligations, that i bought online.

Sprint costumer service does not give me the code so I can reset the phone manually.
    I want to clear the existing MSL to 000000 so that Verizon will be
    able to reprogram the phone over the air (Verizon assumes the MSL is
    always 000000).

Can someone please help me with a proceedure that I can actually use. It breakes my heart to see this phone sit without using it.
    Thanks
    The procedure for Verizon-izing a Sprint PCS Treo 650 has been discussed at length in other threads. Check out this link.
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 06/28/2005 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Step 1: Do not panic.

Step 2: Use a program like FileZ to delete the RAM version of BT_Manager...it will be the larger of the 2 files (71k instead of 61k) and will NOT have a little chip icon next to it. (Delete the one I put the red arrow next to in the attached image file.)

Step 3: Do a soft reset.

Step 4: Setup your bluetooth device as you normally would.

Step 5: Reinstall the DUN patch.

Yes, you may have to do this any time you want to pair a new device using Bluetooth manager. I do. I keep a copy of the hacked BT DUN file in my Versamail saved messages. I find that deleting and reinstalling the patch adds no more than 1 minute to whatever I'm doing...a small price to payto have DUN.

P.S.: If you don't have FileZ, you should. It's freeware. You can get it at http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
    Can I ask a stupid question. When I install the BtManaget into RAM and then got to the BT app is tells me it had a Launch Error the app can't be launched because it's missing localization info. I'm not quite aure how to how to setup my BT device. I have it set so that BT is On and it is set so that it is Discoverable. However when I go into Setup Devices and Trusted Devices and Add Devices, it doesn't find my phone. I don't think I'm doing it right. I did make all changes to the Network Settings as indicated by Shadowmite. Can someone email me with better instruction as to what I need to do or what I'm doing wrong?

Chris Mattix
    chris.mattix@verizon.net
    Chris Mattix
    (aka: mattixc)
    chris.mattix@verizon.net

"Smartphone user since Kyocera 6035"
  11.    #571  
    The ONLY time you will EVER get the error about localization is when the wrong btmanager app is being used. Go back to my site, and download the btmanager for verizon found in my forum in the thread about it being hacked. Thanks,
    Well, I downloaded the one for CDMA as I called Verizon and they told me that all of their phones were CDMA. Should I have downloaded the one for GSM instead?

Chris Mattix
    Chris Mattix
    chris.mattix@verizon.net

13.    #573  
    The ONLY time you will EVER get the error about localization is when the wrong btmanager app is being used. Go back to my site, and download the btmanager for verizon FOUND IN MY FORUM in the thread about it being hacked. Thanks,
    Shadowmite,

Thanks for the info. I was getting the DUN file from the link in your How-to section which didn't have the Verizon file. I did find it in the Forun and it worked. Sorry for being such a pain in the rear. Now if someone can fix the bad static in BT headsets. I heard someone mention that Treo's BT would have to have some updates in order for that issue to be resolved. I bought the Scala 500 which I love except for the static.

Thanks again
    Chris Mattix
    chris.mattix@verizon.net

I (and others) have been having problems with sprint DUN disconnecting randomly after 1-3 mins of activity. This is not due to phone or mac going to sleep. Correct modem script is selected. This did not happen prior to updating ROM on treo. Any ideas?
    Figured it out by shear luck...I was having alot of probelms with this and inadvertently figured out how to fix it. Before turning on DUN, go to prefs and select Network and click on disconnect. Then go to bluetooth and turn on DUN. I have had no disconnects since doing these steps. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by kennabt
    Figured it out by shear luck...I was having alot of probelms with this and inadvertently figured out how to fix it. Before turning on DUN, go to prefs and select Network and click on disconnect. Then go to bluetooth and turn on DUN. I have had no disconnects since doing these steps. Good luck
    Will have to try that the next time I'm using DUN and it cuts out. I guess it really did start after the 1.12 update...hmm...interesting.
    Alright...I tried it, and I didn't see a disconnect button while using DUN. I think that disconnect button is only there when you use Vision on the phone. I DUNno.
    I can get me computer and Treo 650 connected, but when I go the open IE it disconnects. It happens every time. I have all the info the Shadowmite indicated for my Verizon service. What am I doing wrong? Would PDAnet fix this too?

Chris Mattix
    chris.mattix@verizon.net
    Chris Mattix
    chris.mattix@verizon.net

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    I have Sprint ROM 1.12, Belkin BT (using Win XP SP2 built-in BT software/drivers). I created the dial-up networking connection on my laptop, and it will connect and all in life is good.

When I disconnect (from the PC by choosing disconnect on the dial-up connection) and try to reconnect later (1 min - 30 min) I can't connect. The only thing I can do is remove the partnership, reinstall the device on the laptop and try again.

I also experience issues connecting on the first time. Would this be because of the passkey, how I paired the devices, or something else?

Thoughts are greatly appreciated.