Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ojai00
    Are you putting anything into the dialing properties of the BT DUN connection?

The phone number should be: #777
    User name is: visionusername@sprintpcs.com
    Password is: visionpassword (used to log on to SprintPCS online)

Hope this helps.
    hey, yes I put all that information in. it just times out, it says there is no modem available. my computer sees the Treo - one thing I did notice is that, in all the times I tried to connect with the BT DUN, only once did a message popup on the Treo saying that it was attempting to be used by the laptop... the other times, it made no indication that it was detecting any communication from the laptop. thanks for your help.

am I the only one unable to connect using BT DUN???
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srika
    hey, yes I put all that information in. it just times out, it says there is no modem available. my computer sees the Treo - one thing I did notice is that, in all the times I tried to connect with the BT DUN, only once did a message popup on the Treo saying that it was attempting to be used by the laptop... the other times, it made no indication that it was detecting any communication from the laptop. thanks for your help.

am I the only one unable to connect using BT DUN???
    Which Bluetooth adapter are you currently using? After reading all the posts, there are some that don't work too well with the Treo. I'm currently using a Belkin bluetooth adapter and it works fine. If you have the patience, read through the entire post. I came across a few posts where members have had trouble getting onto BT DUN. There are also some illustrated documents that a few members were nice enough to compile that walks you through setting it up. I've attached one of them to this post. Personally, I had to set mine up twice in order to get it working because the first time didn't work for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shadowmite,

Do you have the unlock code for the AT&T 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by rolando_us
    Do you have the unlock code for the AT&T 650?
    That would be a "no." Unlock codes are unique to each device - they're generated via a one-way encryption algorithm which uses the IMEI as the seed. There is no generic unlock code.

As yet, nobody has cracked the algorithm for the 650, but keep watching this space - I'm sure it'll be over the boards when it finally does happen.
    Ok..I'm very very new and SLOW as I don't know what....what does this do? Would you advise a newbe like myself installing it?
    Without wanting to sound rude, if you don't know what it does, then you don't need it. And if you don't need it, then I would advise against installing it, since doing so will only complicate your life for something that you'll never use.

But if you still want to proceed, then Shadowmite has full instructions on his web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by ojai00
    Which Bluetooth adapter are you currently using? After reading all the posts, there are some that don't work too well with the Treo. I'm currently using a Belkin bluetooth adapter and it works fine. If you have the patience, read through the entire post. I came across a few posts where members have had trouble getting onto BT DUN. There are also some illustrated documents that a few members were nice enough to compile that walks you through setting it up. I've attached one of them to this post. Personally, I had to set mine up twice in order to get it working because the first time didn't work for me.
    thanks - I'm using a "WaveBuddy" USB Bluetooth adapter on my laptop. It's rather cheap, maybe it's no good? I am going to try it with other adapters, and a laptop that has "built-in" BT.. to compare. I will keep trying, thanks for attaching the instructions doc.

I read through as much of this thread as I could, I think I got through about 15 pages or so. Thanks for the refresher on this page.
    i use the kensington blue tooth adapter
    I need a bit of help w/the user name, p/w, and dial-in # for ATTWS. Have tried the WAP@CINGULARGPRS.com and CINGULAR1 combo dialing into **99***1# but don't get connected. Have also tried WIXDC001@W5.MYCINGULAR.COM & ZXY203DC9K0402 against *99***3# and got to Registering Computer on Network, but failed there. I do have WAP access from the phone.

Is there something different for ATTWS than Cingular?
    I'm also seeing this problem using cingular using this (corrected) phone number. Did cingular change the number?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by capital
    nycboybj,

What were the setting you used to connect with Cingular? I tried using the ones from Shadowmite's website, but I get a message on my phone that says "Unknown Application" when I try to dial.

The settings I used were:

Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: cingular1
    Phone Number: **99***1#
    I am getting the "Unknown Application" error as well and it is not connecting. I am using cingular. Whats up with it? Maybe if we call cingular and just ask what we should dial up using theyd tell us?
    I am getting The Dial-up Network connection failed: Service not found....from my laptop, the Treo itself sdays "Connection in Progress" can anyone help, I think this is a laptop issue...
    Hi everyone,

I e-mailed the file over versamail to my treo 650. When I click on the attachment, I can only "View", "Select Viewer" or "Save to card...."

I read through the treo manual and View is supposed to automatically install Prc files. However, when I click on view, it says "Do you want to accept BtManager.prc into applications". When I click yes, it says that failed to install and resets.

I've read through this thread but haven't seen anyone else with this problem.

The attachment size is only listed as 18 KB even though when I click on more it tells me it will download the message of 89KB.

What am I doing wrong here?
    I GOT IT WORKING!! WOOHOOO!! I will make a step by step of what I did...

WORKING CINGULAR DUN INSTRUCTIONS

1. Install the hack
    2. Turn bluetooth on & dial up networking on

3. Go to Control Panel-> Phones&Modems-> Modems tab-> Bluetooth Modem-> Advanced tab. For extra initialization commands, paste the following: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","WAP.CINGULAR"
    press ok, and ok.

4. Goto My Bluetooth Places, search for bluetooth devices, find your phone, connect dial up networking and the connection dialog box appears. Enter the following settings:

username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password: CINGULAR1
    Dial: *99***1#

Hit Dial, wait a second, and youre connected!!

========

reasons its not working for some people:

- one too many asterisks in the dial command
    - lack of "AT" in initialization string
    Myyke - Thanks for the help, but I still get the 734 error after trying to register the computer on the network. Tried it twice, re-inputting all the info - to no avail. It is as if Cingular knows this 650 is ATTWS.
    I followed these instructions and got my work computer going, but the exact same configuration (I sured tried to make it so) does not work at home. I get the 734 error after many seconds of trying to register on the network. I don't know if this in the computer or the network being different at the two locations, but at least I know it is not the 650 or my account settings.
    I tried the instructions on this site http://supportattws.primus.com/aws/k.../ATTW7589.html and got to Verifying username & password, followed by Error 721. Checking w/ATTWS support but expect them to say DUN doesn't work on the 650.
    I just tried this on my sprint 650 and it worked on the first try!!

Those of you who are looking to try this be sure to follow shadowmite's instructions to the letter. I did, and it worked! Thanks!

Some notes:

with DUN enabled the phone takes a LONG time to power up from sleep (eg when you press a button to turn on the screen when the phone is locked). I did a speed test using http://bos.speakeasy.net and my phone with only one bar of signal here in the basement at work pulled ~50kbps up/down.

Again, a big THANKS to shadowmite for his work in doing what sprint has yet to do for us

edit:

now to try to get the bluetooth adapter to work on linux.. anyone BTDT?
    a4kquattro, when you click on the attachment, does it just install it for you when you click on view? My sprint phone gives me an error saying that it can't install it. did you use an SD card or just the attachment?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjacksn
    a4kquattro, when you click on the attachment, does it just install it for you when you click on view? My sprint phone gives me an error saying that it can't install it. did you use an SD card or just the attachment?
    Strange, when I click on 'view' in versamail it asks me "The file you are installing is already on your device. Would you like to replace the current copy?"

I just answered 'yes' and was up and running.