Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Instructions for Windows here

Instructions for Macs here

Read, then do. It will work, I promise,
    can someone help me with step five? i can't find the sevices tab to save my life!!
    i found it. thanks!
    ta.da.
    woo.hoo.
    thank.you.
    good.bye.
    TransLibOpen err 0x740F......
    what the heck does this mean? I get it when I turn DUN on, turn it off.... pair to my computer, etc... help!?

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    TransLibOpen err 0x740F......
    what the heck does this mean? I get it when I turn DUN on, turn it off.... pair to my computer, etc... help!?

Bek
    Usually it means that you have attempted to turn on DUN while already connected to Vision. Try doing a soft reset then immediately turning on DUN and see if that fixes it.
    Thanks for all the info.

I've followed the instructions and tried to install the patch from VersaMail. It installs fine but whenever I try to access Bluetooth or BTManager as it comes up after the patch. The 650 resets. I can't ever get to the configuration page. Has anyone else run into this?
    weeeeeeeee
    so cool
    Quote Originally Posted by quicknight
    can someone help me with step five? i can't find the sevices tab to save my life!!
    Make sure that you:

1. Enable DUN on Treo... allow it to take you to the Phone app and DONT touch anything on the Treo.
    2. Then try to pair it with Mac.
    3. The Services tab should come up on its own.

I repeatedly could NOT get the Services tab because I was going back to the Bluetooth prefs screen after enabling DUN. But, you need to stay in the Phone app (which is what gets launched after enabling DUN) in order for the Mac to offer the option of using the Treo for a wireless connection.

I hope this helps, it was a sticking point for many.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Usually it means that you have attempted to turn on DUN while already connected to Vision. Try doing a soft reset then immediately turning on DUN and see if that fixes it.

MacJunkie, thank you for not berating me even though I see you've mentioned this very thing two or three times in this very thread.. You're a sweetheart!

I have been using zlauncher lately, and doing soft resets that way instead of taking the back off the Treo, and it WILL turn the radio on after a reset, AND will re-log you into vision immediately, so that's why I never connected the fact that I was logged into vision and getting the TransLib errors. Here's the steps I have taken (tried it many many times in a row today and it's been flawless)

1.) Reset Treo (not sure if this is necessary but did it for good measure)
    2.) Turn radio on.
    3.) MANUALLY DISABLE VISION in Prefs!
    4.) Turn DUN *on* in BlueTooth settings, say OK to "unable to surf with vision" prompt.
    5.) Dial up via PC
    6.) Surf away!
    7.) Disconnect when finished surfing
    8.) Turn DUN *off* in BlueTooth settings
    9.) Reset Treo (not sure if this is necessary either)

I'm sorry if this is a simplistic and obvious way of doing this, but I've read that others are having the same glitches I am, and some of us need a picture drawn about how to do these techie things...

Thanks again MacJunkie.

Bek
    The preliminary and final resets are usually not necessary. I find I can just disconect from Vision in network prefs (if it is connected) then do exactly what you describe in steps 4 thru 8. The only time I have to reset is when I forget to disconnect from Vision and get the TransLibOpen error.
    HELP, Verizon Bluetooth DUN

Ok all; I see that most of these posts are for connecting to the Sprint network. What about all those that have Verizonized our Sprint Treo650? I can pair my Treo650 to my laptop with no problems. I just don't know what to put for the phone number when setting up dial-up networking. I believe my username will be phonenumber@vzw3g.com and the password is vzw so what phone number do I put?

Please help....... I know there's others out there that must have connected to Verizon's network via the Treo650 bluetooth DUN patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I have been using zlauncher lately, and doing soft resets that way instead of taking the back off the Treo, and it WILL turn the radio on after a reset, AND will re-log you into vision immediately, so that's why I never connected the fact that I was logged into vision and getting the TransLib errors. Here's the steps I have taken (tried it many many times in a row today and it's been flawless)

1.) Reset Treo (not sure if this is necessary but did it for good measure)
    2.) Turn radio on.
    3.) MANUALLY DISABLE VISION in Prefs!
    4.) Turn DUN *on* in BlueTooth settings, say OK to "unable to surf with vision" prompt.
    5.) Dial up via PC
    6.) Surf away!
    7.) Disconnect when finished surfing
    8.) Turn DUN *off* in BlueTooth settings
    9.) Reset Treo (not sure if this is necessary either)

I'm sorry if this is a simplistic and obvious way of doing this, but I've read that others are having the same glitches I am, and some of us need a picture drawn about how to do these techie things...

Thanks again MacJunkie.

Bek
    I just wanted to mention that this was pretty helpful to me, especially the part about taking the back off the treo for the reset (instead resetting using zlauncher). Thanks (and thank you shadowmite!).
    Using ROM #3...DUN working great with HP TC1100 tablet pc. Have not had to reset Treo 650 after using it to connect to Sprint Vision service. After finishing connection, the screen remains off/black and the unit seems unresponsive. But if I hold the power (red phone) button for a few seconds, the screen turns back on and I can disconnect from the vision service using the disconnect command. Don't know if this helps anyone but here it is.
    Leonard R. Knight, Jr.
    lrknight@dbrsystems.com

http://www.dbrsystems.com
    Experts in Industrial Automation
    and System Integration
    hi all
    just recieved Sprint CDMA Treo650 instead of a GSM one.
    i am from vietnam(far far away from u all).
    the CDMA network so stupid in vietnam, then i just wanna keep my treo650 as a pda as any tungsten or zire.
    tried so much to dial from treo650 to my SE T630 but it i always askese to on the phone hic
    i am a newer for treo.
    is anybody here got such a experience?
    thanx so much

YIM: hiep4u
    mail: hiep4u@yahoo.com
    I know many of us would like to help you, but I have no idea what you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by cuhiep
    hi all
    just recieved Sprint CDMA Treo650 instead of a GSM one.
    i am from vietnam(far far away from u all).
    the CDMA network so stupid in vietnam, then i just wanna keep my treo650 as a pda as any tungsten or zire.
    tried so much to dial from treo650 to my SE T630 but it i always askese to on the phone hic
    i am a newer for treo.
    is anybody here got such a experience?
    thanx so much

YIM: hiep4u
    mail: hiep4u@yahoo.com
  16. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I know many of us would like to help you, but I have no idea what you're asking.
    I think he wants to know if he can use his existing cell phone SE T630 as a modem so that he can use the PDA part of the 650 to surf the web......
    Cheers

Charles
    Has anyone had issues with the phone resetting every time the BTManager is accessed after the patch is applied? I followed instructions to a T but the patch keeps reseting my 650. Any Ideas?
    weeeeeeeee
  18.    #458  
    Folks, for questions about DUN problems please refer to my page at:

www.shadowmite.com/HowToDUN.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    I think he wants to know if he can use his existing cell phone SE T630 as a modem so that he can use the PDA part of the 650 to surf the web......
    I never saw the word modem in his entire question nor anything remotely close to that idea. I think the resolution he is seeking is to simply turn on the radio by holding down the "end call" button.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i feel like a real ***** asking this question, but what would you use this hack for? By no means am i trying to undermind the skill it took to hack the dial up networking, God knows I couldn't do it, but what practical application would we use this for?

Good job shadomite. Are you a hacker for hire?..lol. I got some progs that i would love to have hacked...lol.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me