Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    This is BS!
    Downloads on my laptop are perfect, no grainyness.
    Where do you up with this stuff?
    Any one elase has no grainy pictures when browsing the net pdanet via sync cable. or just me what im doing wrong?
    I loaded it like normal and I don't see any icon to trigger the install even loaded to my card and it doesn't show up as an app, just as a file.
    Quote Originally Posted by krs71
    I loaded it like normal and I don't see any icon to trigger the install even loaded to my card and it doesn't show up as an app, just as a file.
    It's not supposed to show up as an app. It functions by overriding the system Phone_SPCS file. Check to see if the functionality is enabled.
    stupid question, how do I do that?
    stupid question, how do I do that?
    All of the phone radio hacks that are posted in this forum and on Shadowmite's website activate the call log features of call duration and calltime totals, while preserving the ## codes function. Depending on which one you chose, they also may change the phone radio on/off splash screens.

Check your call log, tap on one of the calls you made or received, and tap Details. If it shows the call duration, the hack is installed and active.

You should also test to make sure your ## codes are intact. At the dial pad screen, type ##633# and ##66#. These should turn your phone radio off and on, respectively. As the phone turns off and on, your new splash screens should display (if the hack you chose included new splash screens).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this will sound a little condescending, but it isn't meant to be...it's meant to keep people from doing things that could damage their phones or spend money unnecessarily. You paid a lot of money for your Treo...you should treat it with due care and caution.

Please do not install software, hacks, or ROM updates without first understanding what you are doing, what the results are supposed to be, how to check to see if it installed properly, and how you can undo the process if something goes wrong. SEARCH THE FORUMS FIRST, since the chances are that someone else has had the same issue or question. If you have a new issue, there are plenty of experienced people on here who will help you figure it out.

[rant_off]
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/12/2005 at 09:05 AM.
    I loaded the original plus, that supposed to have all the versions I believe, but the only one that plays out is the regular sprint one......
    I loaded the original plus, that supposed to have all the versions I believe, but the only one that plays out is the regular sprint one......

The Original_Plus hack keeps the default Sprint splash screens. If you want a different splash screen, install a different phone radio hack with the screens you want.

Once again...

Please do not install software, hacks, or ROM updates without first understanding what you are doing, what the results are supposed to be, how to check to see if it installed properly, and how you can undo the process if something goes wrong.
    but according to shadowmite's description the original plus is supposed to have the other ones too, as for don't play with things I don't know about, your right in that sense, but I'm a fool and I take stupid risks , and I read all the process you mentioned on how to do and how to undo...thx for the heads up..
    but according to shadowmite's description the original plus is supposed to have the other ones too
    It does not say that. It says Original_Plus has the "same options as above" with the original Sprint overlays.

If you look "above", it describes the options as:

ALL the options enabled (Call Duration, ## codes, Totals in the Call Log, etc)
    Help, I put the patch in and under Bluetooth can turn DUN on but then the 650 says the web browser is turned off. Indeed the browser turns off. When I reset the 650 the DUN turns off and then the browser works. What can I do to change this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley
    Help, I put the patch in and under Bluetooth can turn DUN on but then the 650 says the web browser is turned off. Indeed the browser turns off. When I reset the 650 the DUN turns off and then the browser works. What can I do to change this?
    You can't. You should turn DUN on only when you need it and turn it off when you are not using it.

When DUN is turned on in the Bluetooth prefs, it fully controls the Vision network connection, and Vision becomes unavailable to other applications (web browsers, email, VeriChat, etc). When DUN is turned off, the Vision connection becomes available to these applications again.

Also, if you try to turn DUN on while your phone is connected to Vision (indicated by the presence of arrows over your signal strength indicator), you will get an error that requires a soft reset to fix. To avoid this, if your phone is connected to Vision, you can disconnect it by going into network preferences and tapping Disconnect (or by doing a soft reset, or by turning the phone radio off then back on).
    I think I'm DUM about DUN. What do use DUN for if you can't then go online? I was thinking about using it as a modem for a laptop in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley
    I think I'm DUM about DUN. What do use DUN for if you can't then go online? I was thinking about using it as a modem for a laptop in the car.
    That's exactly what you use it for. And while your Treo is acting as a modem for your laptop, you won't be able to use the web browser or mail program on the Treo itself. One you disconnect from your laptop and turn DUN back off, you'll be able to use the Treo applications that access the internet.
    here is another stupid question, I read recently sprint recommends installing the carkit patch on the treo 650 regardless you have use for it or not, I tried installing it and it errors off saying 'it can't install on this platform'....wierd
    How do I load to the RAM? After e-mailing to myself I only get an option to save to the SD Card.
    Ever since I have installed the DUN patch, I have had a hard time turning my phone on from a standby state. After this happens I run a soft-reset and it after that it will take two presses of the call end key to bring the phone out of standby. Anyone else having this happen?

This happens with DUN both off and on.
    quick question, when you load custom rom's from Shadowmite's site, can you still reload voice signal and other software?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm hoping to get a Treo 650 REAL soon but I have a quick ques first. I'm a bit confused since I don't have sprint service right now, what service do I need? Data for $40 or just the Vison? Also, will DUN subtract from my cellular minutes? Thanks.
    Unllimited Vision, which is $15 a month. The time spent using Vision services does not count against your call minutes.
    Sounds great. So how do I set up the Treo 650 to use the computer with BT axs a dialer? I mailed the patch to my e-mail account on the Treo, then downloaded the file to my SD card. I didn't get any indication that it overwrote the existing BT applicaiton. I did find my laptop with BT but how do I set up the modem connection with my computer? Sorry for being slow here, but I am new to this.

jw11301@swbell.net