Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    The images are grainy b/c Sprint uses a proxy server to intercept all HTTP requests and downsamples (compresses) all the images to reduce bandwidth usage on the network. The reduction in image quality in a byproduct of the compression.
    This is BS!
    Downloads on my laptop are perfect, no grainyness.
    Where do you up with this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    This is BS!
    Downloads on my laptop are perfect, no grainyness.
    Where do you up with this stuff?
    WHAT IS YOUR SETTING,
    are using pdanet usb or bluetooth dialup? What im doing wrong
    Ok, hi all, I'm new here and very new to the treo family, I was reading some stuff and wanted to apply the Voice and DUN patch my shadowmite, but I don't have a card reader and have no clue how to do it, is there some real ***** proof directions with pictures ?
    Quote Originally Posted by krs71
    Ok, hi all, I'm new here and very new to the treo family, I was reading some stuff and wanted to apply the Voice and DUN patch my shadowmite, but I don't have a card reader and have no clue how to do it, is there some real ***** proof directions with pictures ?
    Yep!

For just the DUN patch:
    Instructions for Windows here
    Instructions for Mac here

For custom ROM (including voice quality and DUN), look here
    I wanted the voice only, but my question is, the directions on shadowmite says I need a card reader and I don't have on so am I screwed?
    You need either a card reader or some other way to get the files onto your SD card, such as Missing Sync (which allows you to mount your SD card as a removable volume on your desktop). I believe there are also third party applications which let you access your SD card and move files thru Bluetooth, but I have no experience with these.

I don't own a card reader either. When I did my ROM update, I used Missing Sync to mount the SD card and moved the ROM update files onto it.
    just great, basically I can't do this unless I get the info on the card. Ok if I figure out how to do it do I just compy the zip file on the card or unzip and copy the folder over?
    just great, basically I can't do this unless I get the info on the card. Ok if I figure out how to do it do I just compy the zip file on the card or unzip and copy the folder over?
    Just a thought, can you not e-mail the files to yourself and save them on the Treo? (I haven't read the instructions, so maybe it is answered there)
    don't think my email provider will let me do that, that is sprintpcs
    ok I did the ROM update for Voice and DUN, but how do I get note pad and voice memo on my Treo too?
    Just a note, you can get a card reader at most computer stores for ~10 dollars (not usb2, but it's better than nothing... )
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Also does the DUN update keep soft rebooting the palm after using it? How do I know that it worked, how do I check the voice signal thingy
    ok I did the ROM update for Voice and DUN, but how do I get note pad and voice memo on my Treo too?
    If you want NotePad and VoiceMemo, then you should have used ROM #3 (includes VersaMail) or ROM #5 (without VersaMail) from http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

There's no harm in re-doing your ROM update with one of these.
    but I want the real player too is that going to be a problem?
    Then you'll have to create your own custom ROM that includes all the stuff you want. Or you could forget RealPlayer and use PocketTunes.
    I downloaded the prc for the splash screens how do I make them work?
    I downloaded the prc for the splash screens how do I make them work?
    Install them the way you would any other app, via Hotsync.
    I did, and nothing is happening
    hey MacJunkie, I just wanted to say thank your for all your help and time you spent with me this evening, I greatly appreciate it.
    hey MacJunkie, I just wanted to say thank your for all your help and time you spent with me this evening, I greatly appreciate it.
    No problem. What did you mean by "nothing is happening" with the splash screen mods? Which one did you download and install? Did it not enable call duration?