Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chi600
    I appreciate the help you guys, its late on the east coast! But i'm a moron when it comes to this and its my first pda phone. can you please tell me explicitly how to email it to myself? I tried right clicking the btmanager link and sending it but that doesn't work on my computer. how else does one email it to oneself? Please be detailed as if you are explaining it to a 8 year old (i'm embarassed). but i've really tried all sorts of things and read all the posts! uggh!
    I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting explicit instructions on, but if it's how to email the patch to yourself, here it is:

1) Click on the link to the patch
    2) Click "Save" and choose a location somewhere on your hardrive
    3) You will then open your email, and send a message to "YOURsprintuser@sprintpcs.com" and include the patch as an attachement.
    Depending on which email service/client you use, there are different ways to attach a file, but it's usually through a paperclip icon, or through the "insert" menu.

Hope this helps.

Shadowmite, a million thanks for this amazing patch!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Kensington BT is not WinXP certified and it requires replacing the WIN drivers. I do not recommend it, I bough one from best buy and after running into tons of problems I am returning it today.
    Yep, that's what Sprint told me, that this is NOT one of their approved adapters. I was able to sync downloaded files but not easily. I'll be taking mine back to Bestbuy too.

The blue flashing light in the back is cool though.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    thanks, emailed the link to my handheld, attachment was not downloadable. do i need file z or some program to be able to download the attachment?
    not sure how you are attaching the file in your email, but using versamail i was able to install the .prc file with no probs
    Photography Politics Technology Music Photoshop
    VOXEFX
    finally pulled it off, i learned a lot though in the process. thanks shadowmite. timing was perfect because i was going on a long road trip and was about to buy a wireless card and sprint contract. your the best!!
    i am getting 115.2 Kbps. Is this pretty good? Is it possible to get a faster connection? My router at home gives me 55 kbps or so!! LOL!
    115 is pretty good. Is not the fact that you didnt have to buy an air card worth it?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Can anyone install this patch into an APP like what they did on the pay for software? I'd be more comfortable just using an app. Thansk!
    Current Hardware: Treo 650 - Sprint PCS (My first palm)
    Retired hardware: Casio E-115 / E-125 / HP Jornada 568 / 548 / Hitachi G1000 Toshiba 305 / iPaqs 3855 / 3955 / 5455 / 5555 / 4705 / Motorola MPx-220 / (That's all that I remember)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddfall
    Can anyone install this patch into an APP like what they did on the pay for software? I'd be more comfortable just using an app. Thansk!
    You can get pdanet for $35 at www.junefabrics.com if that's what you want to do.
    Shadowmite - thanks, your work is appreciated, as this is one feature I really wanted.

--

My speeds on the mspeed test on dslreports run in the 40's to 50's range, averaging around 45 kbps.

There were also a couple of people who said they could not get their 650 to show up as a modem. I had the same problem with my Bekkin BT PC card that is two and a half years old. I played with it for a few hours, could not figure it out, and bought the belkin usb bluetooth adapter today and got it working, as it created the 650 as a modem. So at least for me, it appears that there may have been something faulty with my adapter or the software that came with it (even though it is supposed to support DUN).
    BT connection even to hotsync is very slow, hotsyncing is taking more than 5 minutes that is not normal is it?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Its normal on my PB, yes, slow.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    Okay, I'm an *****. I loaded this patch onto my powerbook and dropped
    it onto my Palm Desktop install window, then did a BT hotsync. All seemed
    well, but after several resets, the BT window on my Treo650 is untouched --
    no extra selection displayed for DUN. Is it possible I have some different
    FW version or... what?
    Mark
  14.    #294  
    A bluetooth hotsync session is always fairly slow. It's nice to be able to hotsync from across the house, but it does not come close to a direct cable connection. The DUN connection however is pretty good and uses the majority of the 1xrtt connection, although a little speed is lost in the current implementation.

You can NOT hotsync the current bluetooth patch file, you have to copy it to a SD card, or email it to yourself and get it with versamail. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmark@svs.com
    Okay, I'm an *****. I loaded this patch onto my powerbook and dropped
    it onto my Palm Desktop install window, then did a BT hotsync. All seemed
    well, but after several resets, the BT window on my Treo650 is untouched --
    no extra selection displayed for DUN. Is it possible I have some different
    FW version or... what?
    Mark
    Did you try just emailing it to yourself, retrieving the email from your 650, and opening the attachment? It worked for me when I did that.

(Oops, a couple of minutes late)
    Be sure you have the email file size set to at least 100K (default is 50) and this would block the attachment from downloading.
    Let me get something straight, if I flashed my ROM using the file posted on Shadowmite's website with DUN update, I will not have the errors I see now and I also will not have to perform soft reset so often. Is that right?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Hello Shawdowmite,
    On open I always get TransLibOpen err 0x0307. Always on close I get TransLibClose err 0x5002.

Do I need to reinstall the OS and start from scratch?
    thanks,
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    Hello Shawdowmite,
    On open I always get TransLibOpen err 0x0307. Always on close I get TransLibClose err 0x5002.

Do I need to reinstall the OS and start from scratch?
    thanks,
    Just do a soft reset and try again!
    Shawdowmite,
    I have done numerous soft resets prior to load of the patch, and afterward, and it does not seem to help, the errors persist.

After reset, it reconnects to PCS vision after the phone is turned on (good). Then first error is TransLibOpen err 0x740F when I attempt to turn on DUN, and then when I try to turn off DUN I get the 5002 error, and then when I try to turn on DUN again I get the 0307 error.

As a result, I am no longer able to get the internet configs part in pairing as well. I have even reuploaded the patch to the SD card, copied via Zlauncher.
    Last edited by Ti-maniac; 12/21/2004 at 08:23 PM.