Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 598
  1. #241  
    It was so simple to use. I thought I was going to have to ask for a blow by blow instruction set.... followed instructions of the author at the top, went into Bluetooth configuration, enabled Dial Up Networking, then on my PC, went to my Bluetooth tray icon, clicked it, picked Dial Up Networking from the menu, said search for devices, it found my phone, connected, it asked for username/password, and phone number, I entered:
    mysprintusername@sprint.com
    mypassword
    Dial: #777

    and that was it, worked the first time, thank you!
  2. djc
    djc is offline
    djc's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    #242  
    im still stuck on the modem part.

    when it searches for devices, it does not find my Treo as a modem.
  3. #243  
    I got the patch loaded and was soon surfing the internet. Under the network connection properties, I was able to select a higher max internet bandwidth than the usual 100+/- kb. I set it around 400 something and ran and downloaded a lot faster. ( am typing this at work or I could provide more specific details)

    Currently, the web pages on my seem to crawl when downloading on through my Treo's browser when compared to opening the same pages through my laptop.Given that it can go much faster for my laptop, shouldn't the Treo's browser be able to go faster?

    Does anyone know if there might be a way to change the Treo's properties to allow for higher bandwidth. I tried nosing around through FileZ, but was afraid to make any real changes and screw up the 650. This is my first palm device and I am not real familiar with where the preference/option might be hiding, if there is one that can change the max bandwidth speed.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    v
  4. #244  
    For Windows XP users:

    1. make sure you turn off "connect to Internet automatically whenever phone is turned on."
    2. turn off Bluetooth on 650
    3. soft reset 650
    4. turn 650 bluetooth back on
    5. turn on 650's radio (phone)
    6. turn on dial up networking in 650 bluetooth app
    7. say OK to prompt telling you you can't get calls or email, etc.
    8. go to network connections on your XP machine
    9. dial as instructed in this thread

    This works every time.
    mhorts
  5. #245  
    Sprint charges 0.39/minute if you use the Treo 650 as a modem via Bluetooth which surprised me. The Sprint rep explained to me that DUN uses a different connection method and your unlimited PCS Vision plan for web/data does NOT apply when using DUN. (check your online usage for "casual use wireless web minutes")
    Better monitor your usuage carefully. It's obvious, they want you to buy the PC card for your laptop instead - I hope they change this pricing policy soon.
    Hope this helps.
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by masssky65593
    Sprint charges 0.39/minute if you use the Treo 650 as a modem via Bluetooth which surprised me. The Sprint rep explained to me that DUN uses a different connection method and your unlimited PCS Vision plan for web/data does NOT apply when using DUN. (check your online usage for "casual use wireless web minutes")
    Better monitor your usuage carefully. It's obvious, they want you to buy the PC card for your laptop instead - I hope they change this pricing policy soon.
    Hope this helps.
    People, please ignore this post. He signed up specifically to make two posts stating this. It is BS. If you have vision, and do not abuse it, there is no problem. Unless you signed a statement that they can charge this fee, they can not. Period.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by pshady
    Sharkmite, thanks again for your great work. Any insight on fixing the bluetooth issue with the Prius and Acura TL?
    Don't have any insite on those rides, but my Chrysler 300C's U-Connect works only marginally. The odds of being able to place a call are 1 in 4, and even when it does work there's a loud buzz as it connects altho that goes away. Seems to receive calls fine tho. But, the battery level and the signal strength indicators don't work at all. My old Sony Ericcson worked perfectly w/the car, so I know the U-Connect works. Any suggestions would be welcome.
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by Green69Bee
    Don't have any insite on those rides, but my Chrysler 300C's U-Connect works only marginally. The odds of being able to place a call are 1 in 4, and even when it does work there's a loud buzz as it connects altho that goes away. Seems to receive calls fine tho. But, the battery level and the signal strength indicators don't work at all. My old Sony Ericcson worked perfectly w/the car, so I know the U-Connect works. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Same boat here. I'm just glad it sorta works better than nothing. I just hope they fix everything including object pushing (signal strength, battery, digital/roaming, voicemails, etc.)
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

    Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
  9. #249  
    Just tested my DUN speed on cnet. 135.7 kbps. That is great. I can't wait to test this with a laptop in the car.

    Not while driving of course.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Green69Bee
    But, the battery level and the signal strength indicators don't work at all.
    This is not surprising, actually. Battery and signal strength indicators are not part of the Bluetooth Hands-free specification. Some phones do support them, but others don't. However, many Hands-free kits will handle those indicators if the phone generates them.
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    People, please ignore this post. He signed up specifically to make two posts stating this. It is BS. If you have vision, and do not abuse it, there is no problem. Unless you signed a statement that they can charge this fee, they can not. Period.
    Thanks for the tip, Shadowmite. I was quite worried about masssky65593's post, since I had been using DUN thinking that my unlimited PCS Vision applied. I thought perhaps there was some fine print regarding a $0.39/minute charge that I missed when I signed the contract. But I checked my recent Sprint bill, which included days when I know I was using DUN, and I couldn't find any such charge. So this definitely seems to be a hoax, or at least misinformation.
  12. Loolaw's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #252  
    Vocaro

    Youe unlimited Vision does not apply & your terms of service clearly states that you are not to use your phone+vision service as a modem.

    That being said, however, most people's experience is that Sprint tends to look the other way (or just can't tell) for occassional, casual use. However, if you always and heavily use your Treo as a modem there is a good chance that Sprint will flag your account & at best tell you to stop & at worst cancel your Vision service & require you to sign up for their more expensive data plan which they have in place for laptop use.

    The false part of the post (which I believe Shadowmite was refering to) is that Sprint will automatically know that you are using your Treo as a modem & thus bill you at data rate prices.
  13. #253  
    Quick question:
    Has anyone been able to use IPSec VPN on their computer while connecting with the 650 DUN? I have a Mac PB G4 OSX running a Cisco IPsec VPN. When I try and establish a connection, it offers me the PPP network interface (I turn of TCP/IP header compressions) but it cannot connect. Anyone have any luck doing something like this?
  14. #254  
    HOW DO I REMOVE THE BT DUN PATCH FOR SPRINT PCS!!! IT IS MESSING WItH MY blUETOOTH...
    --------
    Johnny Appleseed
    Treo650.SprintPcs
    www.japroductionsonline.com
  15. #255  
    Step 1. STOP SHOUTING! Step 2. The instructions are in this thread. Read through it, and you'll find it. Step 3. There are ways to minimize the problems, see Step 2.

    Clue
  16. #256  
    Re: Sprint charges 0.39/minute if you use the Treo 650 as a modem via Bluetooth ...

    Where does this B.S. come from, a Sprint salesman that's worked for the company for 3 days? My kids have been in college with Sprint phones using them for DUN with their laptops for the past three years. I've never paid (nor been billed) a nickel for the DUN usage.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by applecore3401
    HOW DO I REMOVE THE BT DUN PATCH FOR SPRINT PCS!!! IT IS MESSING WItH MY blUETOOTH...
    YOU CAN REMOVE IT USING THE FILEZ UTILITY AVAILABLE HERE!!! NEXT TIME, DON'T shOUT!!! YOU ARE MESSING WITH OUR thREAD!!! PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO HELP YOU WHEN YOU TALK liKE THIS...
  18. #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    just so shadowmite and everyone knows, I have a feeling that Palm/Sprint is going to release a new version of bluetooth manager within the next week or two to address the problem people are having with the bluetooth car kits. Although since you know how to hack the program hsouldn't be hard to rehack the new manager when it comes out.
    Any chance this new Bluetooth manager will have DUN enabled without shadowmites killer hack?

    I'm not super technical and have read through this entire thread. I was hoping that somebody could reply to this post with a set of the known issues using the hack. It seems to me that most of the issues relate to installation, but once people get it working then it's working (maybe not for good). Thanks.
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick325
    Any chance this new Bluetooth manager will have DUN enabled without shadowmites killer hack?

    I'm not super technical and have read through this entire thread. I was hoping that somebody could reply to this post with a set of the known issues using the hack. It seems to me that most of the issues relate to installation, but once people get it working then it's working (maybe not for good). Thanks.

    Your exactly right, Once you setup it up, your done, It's very consistent with me. If I Disconnect and try to re-connect It does not work. I always need to Turn off my Bluetooth on my PB G4 and then ON again to get it to work. Doesn't irritiate me at all, If that's all I have to do then no problem for me. Don't forget this is freeeeeeeeeeeeee. Oh I'm lovin it! Thanks again Shadowmite and Vocaro!

    -Ash
  20. #260  
    I was wondering which Bluetooth USB device people have bought for the PC to use with this DUN hack. I was going to purchase one for use with this DUN hack but wanted to make sure that I got one that someone know works with it.

    I have Windows XP Pro on my laptop. Thanks.

Posting Permissions