Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoAsh
    I'm sorry, I have a MAC and it so easy on the MAC, I have not tried this on a PC yet.
    great! lookin forward to trying it out on my powerbook later.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    great! lookin forward to trying it out on my powerbook later.
    Whoever said you need to try it more than a few times is certainly right, It works for me, I'be been messing with it reloading the hack several times, until it finally worked. Shadowmite is indeed the man!! Hats off to you!

I actually think, once it's working its not flakey at all. But I have noticed on a MAC that after I connect and then Disconnect, It will not let me Re-Connect until I go to the Bluetooth on my MAC and TURN OFF THE BLUETOOTH and ON AGAIN, then it works perfectly, It works everytime I do this. I can duplicate everytime. I hope this helps, Once you know that, Its not flakey anymore.

Thanks again for your time and effort on this Shadowmite!!

-TreoAsh
  3.    #223  
    Don't worry guys, if palm releases a update that doesn't have DUN we can re-hack it. Or if they remove the code, we can splice it back in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781
    Some info for anyone experiencing the following problem:

You install the patch and when you go to "setup devices," you get a soft reset. I simply reinstalled the patch again over the same patched file, did a soft reset, and now no more soft resets.
    Thanks I had that problem, and had to re-do it again.

This is great, since PDANet for 650 is still Beta. I'm going to test the speed for the two right now!
    Bluetooth DUN Speed:
    Communications 246 kilobits per second
    Storage 30 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 34.1 seconds

coolness!
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I got the patch prc from this thread. Installed my bluetooth usb on my laptop with XP. I can hotsync with bluetooth. When I try to enable DUN on the laptop it says access denied after I check the box and click OK. Any ideas what I have wrong.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I got the patch prc from this thread. Installed my bluetooth usb on my laptop with XP. I can hotsync with bluetooth. When I try to enable DUN on the laptop it says access denied after I check the box and click OK. Any ideas what I have wrong.
    I ran into that problem, too. Try:
    1. Turn off bluetooth DUN and bluetooth on your phone
    2. Delete your computer from trusted devices on the palm
    3. Delete your palm from your computer.
    4. Turn on bluetooth, then bluetooth DUN
    5. Turn discovable on for your palm
    6. Discover the palm from the computer, not the palm.

That worked for me, maybe it will work for you too. : )

-Brian
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Nope. Still says passkey enabled. But when I click on Properties and then Services, it searches and then DUN pops up. After checking that box and hitting apply or OK I get a access denied pop up.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    This is simply awesome, I am on line right n ow using this patch!!

Thanks again shadowmite,
    has anyone installed the outlook conduits update software?
    also what is awake mode used for?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    I ran into that problem, too. Try:
    1. Turn off bluetooth DUN and bluetooth on your phone
    2. Delete your computer from trusted devices on the palm
    3. Delete your palm from your computer.
    4. Turn on bluetooth, then bluetooth DUN
    5. Turn discovable on for your palm
    6. Discover the palm from the computer, not the palm.

That worked for me, maybe it will work for you too. : )

-Brian
    I tried this but in XP, I still can not see the modem to setup the #777 connection. Also, when I try to hotsync after installing the patch, I get "port is in use by another application" on the Treo 650. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by nivla; 12/05/2004 at 07:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I get the com port in use message too.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  13. djc
    On a windows machine, it asks you to pick a modem. Which modem are you guys choosing? I tried a generic 56000 modem, but it says it can't open the port..

ideas?
    I use a mac, so this may not help. But, if I scroll down when it says to pick a modem, there is one that says Sprint PCS Vision. That is what I use and it works for me. Maybe, that is on your list too?
  15. djc
    nope, nothing of the sort is there.
    just a question, when the GSM 650 is released, can't we just take the file that permits bluetooth DUN and port it over to the CDMA phone? ...just a thought, but it probably isn't nearly as easy as that... it just can't be... lol

-keats
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the BTmanager patch to see if it will keep BT active for a HF car connection?

Myself and several others have had a problem getting BT to work with our car BT (specifically the Lexus). If a call is initiated as soon as the car is started, it works fine. However, after a brief time of inactivity, the BT in the 650 is seemingly inactive and will not maintain the connection in a ready or standby mode.

Do you know if your new BTmanager will keep the connection open?

Thanks so much!

Andy
  18.    #238  
    rosemore: I do not own a car with bluetooth so I have been unable to see any of the problems mentioned. But the Treo 650 mainly supports the handset profile, which unlike the handsfree profile, closes the connection constantly in order to save on battery life. I'd imagine the problem is the fact that there isn't a way to specify a timeout or not. Someday I might try to address this, but it would not be easy and palm should have to fix this one themselves...
    Thank you shadowmite! I'm now connected via Bluetooth at 115kbps! Sweet!
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    somewhat off the subject, but noticed something while reading some of the literature at the local sprint pcs store. in the section detailing the sprint pcs vision packages, i saw the following notice at the bottom of the page:

"Sprint PCS Vision Packs are not available for use with Sprint PCS Connection Cards, Sprint PCS Connection Kits, or other devices that can be or allow phones to be used as a modem"
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!