Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have my work POP3 email set up on my 650 through Versamail. I can receive emails okay, but when I try to send emails I get a several different error messages below (today is the first time I've tried to send emails).

I know my smtp ID is correct (same as in my outlook set up). The outgoing server doesn't require authentication on Outlook, either. And I'm able to send out emails on Outlook just fine today, so I think it's got to be something with the Versamail software or the T650 itself.

The error messages I've gotten include:

- No response from SMTP server
    - Unable to send this email. Make sure the email addresses are correct and try again.
    - Timeout reading response

Can anyone help?! Thanks.
    you have to use the sprint smtp server, smtp.sprintpcs.com you have to use esmtp, and input your user id as sprintusernam@sprintpcs.com and your sprint email password.
    I don't have my 650 yet, but check Versamail to see if there is an option for "Authenticate before send" or something similar.
  4.    #4  
    FIXED!!
    Brad - I've never met you before, but I can uncategorically say that you are a genius! Did I miss that little tidbit in the T650 manual? I mean it makes perfect sense, but when Versamail sets everything up automatically, it just plugs in the outgoing server id from outlook, which, of course, wouldn't be sprintpcs.com. Thanks a million!
    Last edited by TREOpalooza; 11/22/2004 at 01:28 PM.
    Where do you enter the username and password for the outgoing mail server? I see it for the incoming mail server but not for the smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    StevenB
    I will send anyone $20 to their paypal account if they can figure out a way for my bellsouth account to work sending and replying to emails. I have tried using the sprintpcs.com to no avail. It gives me an error with either bellsouth outgoing or sprintpcs outgoing. Frusteration continues from the 600 on to th 650 for me and emailing! You can post here or PM me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenB
    Where do you enter the username and password for the outgoing mail server? I see it for the incoming mail server but not for the smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    Go to the "advanced" settings section on the 650 (I think you're already there) and after "incoming server settings" you should be able to click a "next" button and you should see the "outgoing server settings." Check the box that says "use authentication (ESMTP)" and that should bring up username and password fields.
    I tried that and when trying to send an e-mail, it said connecting to SMTP server, then a VersaMail window opens, and says "Time Out" What gives?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    I'm able to enter the username and password but when i go to send a test message, it conncects to the smtp server then says "Bad Address Syntax"
    StevenB
    I just called Sprint and they said their server is down.......... and they haven't been able to send email for a few days and they are upgrading and you won't be able to send for a few more days........anyone else hear this?? I find it hard to believe.
    Can anyone confirm whether or not they can recieve email via versamail, as of today?

Please see note above from me.
    Is anyone experiencing issues (lockups) when attempting to open a word attachment in VersaMail?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradschmidt
    you have to use the sprint smtp server, smtp.sprintpcs.com you have to use esmtp, and input your user id as sprintusernam@sprintpcs.com and your sprint email password.
    Um...you shouldn't have to do this...and really do you want to trust your emailing ability to SPRINT's server?

I've been able to get versamail to work with mailsnare and my Cornell University account.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbdd
    Can anyone confirm whether or not they can recieve email via versamail, as of today?

Please see note above from me.

Yes, I just set up my Hotpop account which is POP account, and was able to send and receive emails without a glitch. I'm however having problem with SprintPCS email. Nothing seems to work. I may end up getting rid of that anyway.
    The best way to configure Sprint Pcs mail is on Palm Desktop on your pc. Everything is already set, you just have to enter you user id and password. They also have many other mail servers to select from.
    I am able to receive email via either VersaMail or Agendus with no problem. However, I am unable to send email with either account. I have confirmed in both program's account set-ups that my outgoing server (smtp.comcast.net) is correct and that it requires authentication

Is it still the situation that I need to use smpt.sprintpcs.com, etc in the send server settings? Seems very odd...
    I just got off the phone with my ISP, and they said that I cannot send e-mail's this way. I have to be inside their network. They do this to prevent spammers from spoofing addresses. He said it doesn't matter that I set it up as "requires authentication" They just don't alow it. DAMN!!!
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I have to be inside their network.
    Um..this is an ISP...so what does that even mean to be inside their network? Is your home/office computer "networked" to their system? Did they give you special software for your computer that allows that computer and ONLY that computer to connect???

It might be setup that you first have log in and download email before it lets you send email...I've had accounts like that

On my old Kyocera 6035 I couldn't just "send mail" but I could "check/send" where it first checks my account for mail and then, and only then, could it send email succesfully
    FYI, I just took the advice above [you have to use the sprint smtp server, smtp.sprintpcs.com you have to use esmtp, and input your user id as sprintusernam@sprintpcs.com and your sprint email password.] and got everything to work correctly. Cool!

Odd though. My previous phone (a Sony Ericcson p900 on ATT) just let me put my regular SMTP server in...
    Tried this and no luck. Snappermail worked fine on my 600 using my own smtp server and now that I installed it on my 650, I can't send mail.

Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast