1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what crop setting and resolution setting 160x??? produces the largest image on the treo 600?

I tried what Andrew Carton recommended, "[u]se the right-most 'Crop' selection . . . 'Resolution' of 160 x (YYY) ", but am hoping there may be a way to get a slightly larger image.
    160 is the best resolution you are going to get on the horizontal axis. The "yyy" is automatically provided by keeping the aspect ratio of the movie the same if the horizontal axis is set to 160. Otherwise, everything would look long and skinny.
    I have read that 160 by 120 is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdj4r
    Does anyone know what crop setting and resolution setting 160x??? produces the largest image on the treo 600?

I tried what Andrew Carton recommended, "[u]se the right-most 'Crop' selection . . . 'Resolution' of 160 x (YYY) ", but am hoping there may be a way to get a slightly larger image.
    Like others said, you want the 160 x yyy. As for the crop, what I would suggest is that you move the slider (underneath the image from the DVD, seems to start out all black) over until you have some image from the movie displayed. Then try all of the different crop selections, they'll show you on the image what would be captured. Or you can go to the manual, they show something similar with a scene from Star Wars. If you want bigger images, it's at the cost of losing things to the left/right. With some movies (where the director is immediately thinking of video releases) that's not a problem. But GOOD movies make use of the whole screen, so you'd lose something by cropping in closer.

My hope was that I'd be able to read the subtitles, but I gues 160x120 is just too small. Maybe the 320 x yyy on the Ace will be better. :-)

Louis
    320 will be better...and the faster processor will make quite a difference for video as well.
    Are you supposed to have a dvd rom to convert the dvd for the treo 600? or could you use your rom drive?
    huh?

i guess: you need a dvd player to rip the dvd. cr-doms cant read dvds.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by pong187
    Are you supposed to have a dvd rom to convert the dvd for the treo 600? or could you use your rom drive?
    Use a DVD reader or writer, decrypt with DVD Decrypter if protected, the use PocketDivX to create a Divx .ave file and play with MMPlayer.
    I ripped White Chicks (DVD) though Pocket DVD. The file was about 300MB. When I try to sync it to my Palm, I get this error message in my log file.

Anyone know why?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HotSync operation started for jwhitner on 11/22/04 11:11:52

OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    -- Media
    Unable to sync media file 'White Chicks DVD[1].asf' on desktop. Error code: 268461072.
    Unable to sync media file 'White Chicks DVD[1].asf' on desktop. Error code: 268461072.
    Media synchronization failed

HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

HotSync operation completed on 11/22/04 11:28:52
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I ripped White Chicks (DVD) though Pocket DVD. The file was about 300MB. When I try to sync it to my Palm, I get this error message in my log file.

Anyone know why?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HotSync operation started for jwhitner on 11/22/04 11:11:52

OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    -- Media
    Media synchronization failed

HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

HotSync operation completed on 11/22/04 11:28:52
    I would try and copy it to the SD card thru a reader if you have one. Its much faster and alot simpler. Not sure why hotsync shows file as .ASF I thought it was an .avi?? Anyhoo I have whitechicks and soulplane playing on mine and all i did was copy from pc to sd reader drive. Give that a shot if you have a reader. If not I highly recommend one.

You can also get away with downloading cardexport.. This is a neat tool that also works.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I would try and copy it to the SD card thru a reader if you have one. Its much faster and alot simpler. Not sure why hotsync shows file as .ASF I thought it was an .avi?? Anyhoo I have whitechicks and soulplane playing on mine and all i did was copy from pc to sd reader drive. Give that a shot if you have a reader. If not I highly recommend one.

You can also get away with downloading cardexport.. This is a neat tool that also works.
    Soul Plane! Classic! His daughter was kinda fine wasn't she? Heather Hunkie, I think it was...........

Anyway......how do I get a card reader? I assume they are USB. If so I am on my way to Circuit City right now!

Now that you mention it it does seem alot better to do it that way. Hell, I am getting all kinds of errors with the Palm Desktop.

There is also a Freeware application called "Pilot Install". Pocket DVD Studio recommends this instead of using the Palm Desktop to sync.
    Bought a card reader! Don't know how I lasted this long without it!

BUT I am still having problems. I copied the file to the SD card via the reader. The file IS there BUT I can not see it in the Treo. You can tell that the file is on the card becasue the memory is lower but you can't see it or access it.
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 11/22/2004 at 04:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    What are you using to view the files on your treo? I use Zlauncher and can read the SD card with no issue. I believe just the plain OS to view SD it will only show you how much data is free and used.

I did Soulplane and a few others.. Keeps me going... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    What are you using to view the files on your treo? I use Zlauncher and can read the SD card with no issue. I believe just the plain OS to view SD it will only show you how much data is free and used.

I did Soulplane and a few others.. Keeps me going... LOL

Yeah that's right! Invisible files and it's pissing me off! If I sync the files then it's OK. But if I copy them to the reader then they go invisible.
    What software can be used to change the format or Resolution of a Video File (Mpeg or Avi) to 320x320...? I know Kinoma (but only 160x160...
    Has anyone gotten version 2.01 to work? It seems fairly confusing doesn't it? Maybe its just me, but I don't understand why the movie won't play in the box provided, or why you have to start the movie, then pause it, to get it to record? In the previous version, you would just push start.