Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    I definitely want AD2P on my treo. No doubt about it. I will honor my pledge of $30. I hope u can get it to work.
    And I will honor my pledge of $200.00 (may be the forum administrator should set the trust up now!) Monies should be returned if project is not completed! Credit should be given to the developer (monies) for sure
    Would this product take the place of the AD2P software we need. I was thinking I could plug the product into the adapter cord I purchased from Seidio. Would this work?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10679
    Last edited by bpa_25; 02/07/2006 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Link not posted
    not sure if anyone has been the guinea pig for those yet.

(throwing in some pig feed in the pen for you to try them out)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Looks like we'll all get the opportunity to "donate" some cash and have a Treo with Bluetooth 1.2 pretty soon: Treo 700p. I have a feeling we'll see this before we ever see working BT A2DP on a Treo 650. I just hope the 700p supports the A2DP profile!
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    <bump>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Give it up guys. This will simply not happen. Start saving up for the next Treo and hope that it supports A2DP.

Does 700w support A2DP?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    Why would I want to plug something into my Treo that adds another 20% to its size so I could then plug wired headphones into another object nearly the size of my Treo to listen to music that I have to control on the Treo? And pay $240 for the priviledge?
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    If messing around with dongles is acceptable,
    http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm
    works for me. I leave the Treo+dongle on the floor and use the headset on the exercise bike. It should even work as a hands-free BT headset for voice, but I haven't set it up that way. I pair just the dongle and the headset.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    is is possible to set this up to use voice? it looks sweet!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    It is, but I have not used this much that way. A few others own this. You should get their opinion before spending serious $ for buying this for voice use.

I am putting my faith in the next Treo having better BT and A2DP support. Meanwhile, I use BT420 for pure audio, like I would with any music/cd player.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Well here is someone pairing up stereo headphones to his Treo as well as his Mac, and taking calls on them from the Treo:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...oth_headphones

Not cheap though...

the usb dongle supports A2DP, on macs and windows. You can pick up calls on the Treo, control itunes and more. I have posted on their support forum to see if they are interested in the bounty.

http://support.aircable.net
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    And I will honor my pledge of $200.00 (may be the forum administrator should set the trust up now!) Monies should be returned if project is not completed! Credit should be given to the developer (monies) for sure
    Would you pay for a separate bluetooth transmitter installed internally to your Treo?

You would probably then need a separate headset that can switch between audio and phone bluetooth.

Soy, are you willing to spend $200 and then more for the proper headset?
    Last edited by nonobeez; 02/20/2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added info
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I personally would like to have a single stereo headset. When I am at home I would use it to listen to music on the powerbook and pick up either Treo mobile or VOIP calls (eyeBeam on the powerbook). When out and about (not in the car) I would use it to listen to music & pick up calls off the Treo. Reason: I have a lot more music on the Powerbook than the Treo.

What interested me about the review was that the headset seemed to be paired with both Mac and Treo simultaneously, which is what I would like at home.
    I used to keep my bluetake stereo set connected to my cell and to my computer playing music. This is all ok since the headset can be master in its little piconet.

The problem would arise when I used the bluetooth mouse. This sets up a "scatternet" situation where the computer's bluetooth adapter must switch between master and slave, repeatedly joining and leaving each of the two piconets... the bottom line is that in this situation my a2dp music stops for a couple of seconds whenever moving the mouse. Quite annoying
    I am sooooooo frustrated w/ wires, i'd consider having a separate bluetooth headphone and a bluetooth headset if it can be installed internally. Would that be possible and what would that cost?
    What's this? Is it some hardware? or a new BT stack?

http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Would you pay for a separate bluetooth transmitter installed internally to your Treo?

You would probably then need a separate headset that can switch between audio and phone bluetooth.

Soy, are you willing to spend $200 and then more for the proper headset?

This is what I'm responding to. btw, how is this possible -- Softick Audio Gateway: Listen Palm wirelessly! when treo 650 does not support A2DP?
    Anyone try the Softick Audio Gateway yet? Doesn't seem to be a downloadable demo unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What's this? Is it some hardware? or a new BT stack?

http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/
    Interesting... Sounds like it's software that you install on the Palm device.

Who wants to be the guinea pig? Buy it here:

http://www.softick.com/buy.html
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast