Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Let me add a dose of reality:

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

and the likelihood of this happening reduces as we get near the release of the next Treo.

Admittedly, I'll be really bummed if the next Tro doesn't include A2DP :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    HTC Touch Pro
    BUMP. is this any more possible with the new updates?
    I give up, I'm gonna go ahead and order a dongle, and attach it to the back of my case for my treo... The dongles are only about $30 on eBay.
    HTC Touch Pro
    Wow this thread fell off the face of the earth! What happened to Jeff? Haven't heard from him in a while....
    Stereo $35.00USD I workout a ton and wires kill me with the T650. The way the jack is on the bottom and the workaround Seidio offers for the hotsync port helps but its still risky to break something.

Stereo, microphone support. Im in. $35.00USD
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    R1

what type of dongle are you talking about? I maybe interested also.
    Does the dongle also support handsfree or just A2DP for listening to music?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    R1
    what type of dongle are you talking about? I maybe interested also.
    Does the dongle also support handsfree or just A2DP for listening to music?
    Thanks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5858525557

They are for non-bluetooth phones, but I'm assuming/hoping since it plugs into the headset jack it will transmit anything coming thru the headset jack. I will be the Guinea Pig and try it out to see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5858525557

They are for non-bluetooth phones, but I'm assuming/hoping since it plugs into the headset jack it will transmit anything coming thru the headset jack. I will be the Guinea Pig and try it out to see if it works.
    Its only BT 1.1. Why would you want that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    Its only BT 1.1. Why would you want that?
    I read somewhere on here (i think it was this thread) that you only need 1.2 for stereo.. I'm willing to accept mono... If it doesn't work I have someone with a non-bluetooth phone that will probably take it off my hands.
    This is the dongle you would need:

iTech 3.5mm Audio Bluetooth 1.2 Adaptor A2DP Dongle
    http://cgi.ebay.com/iTech-3-5mm-Audi...QQcmdZViewItem
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    This is the dongle you would need:

iTech 3.5mm Audio Bluetooth 1.2 Adaptor A2DP Dongle
    http://cgi.ebay.com/iTech-3-5mm-Audi...QQcmdZViewItem
    thanks, glad I caught your post before I ordered the other one... I ordered the one you posted this morning...
    Im throwing some guinnea pig feed into the pen so that youll tell us how it works with bluetooth stereo headsets.

Also if you can tell us how you hook it up, I.E. what adapter youre using and if it works with a microphone to hear and speak during calls. Does it work with MP3's etc.

Thanks!
    There is no spoon.
    any word on how its working?
    There is no spoon.
    I haven't received it yet... I couldn't find any sellers here in the US selling the A2DP dongle, so I had to order from a seller in Hong Kong... Hopefully it should arrive sometime this week.
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by guinnessdraught
    OK, It's time for a new Bluetooth Bounty. Anybody out there up to the challenge of updating Palms Bluetooth stack to include the A2DP profile?

For those not familiar, this is the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile that allows you to listen to stereo music via bluetooth. There are some really nice bluetooth stereo headphones coming out on the market that use this profile. Check out the set from Logitech/HP.

I'm good fro $10 to anyone who is up to the task. Anybody else?

how about raising the ante to $200. I will; Other members will too. But a nice sum could be raised. We would have to run it thru the forum! I would like this feature. I have the imuffs which I use with my ipod. I could use the same headset with the Treo 650 or 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I stand corrected. I take back what I said. For some reason I thought the WM5 devices did, but it turns out they don't.
    However, it's rumored that there is a feature pack that will add that support to (some) of the devices if they ship with the feature pack.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...817#post843817

So I totally take it back. My bad.
    Someone said that they got the voice dialing from the BT headset to dial a number when they were working on the new Treo 700P. I know I called Palm on that issue and the tech support or sales rep said it could not be done with the Treo 700W.. I know it is going to take more for these features to work with Music. But if they got the 700P to initiate the call using the Headset; then we are making progress.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 02/06/2006 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by monoorstereo
    Hi Jeff,
    YES PLEASE continue your work on a mono or stereo solution. I'll throw in $50 for your efforts. I want mono for audio books or stereo for mp3s.

Monoorstereo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ehsan09/21/2005, 12:31 AM
    I am on Sprint FYI . But I had Samsung phone in past with sprint and was able to push answer button twice to disconnect one person after taking a conference call. Now on treo I cant. How can it be CDMA instead of TREO???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yatbond09/21/2005, 04:28 AM
    Not to discourage Jeff, but many of us are hoping to have a A2DP bluetooth stack written for the Treo. I personally would want to listen to my music using the bluetooth stereo headphones. I know some would like to listen to their audio books mono, but the majority want stereo. Am I right?

Can someone verify if A2DP is possible for the TREO?
    My son has the A940 and he cannot listen to music via bluetooth; I never explored making or initiating the call from the BT headset!
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    Count me in for $30 for mono, possibly higher for stereo.
    I would take either one but I mainly listen to books or Chrisitian commentaries ect the Bible! And I will put my monies forth once the administrator of the forum sets this in place and has us making payments via Paypal for a trust for the author or however the forum administrator would want to do this!
    Quote Originally Posted by guinnessdraught
    The GENIUS who can get this done is most definitely bmidgely. Everything he has posted in this thread has been accurate to my understanding of the standard and of the issues with solving this problem. Come on bmidgely, I know you're a linux programmer, but download the palm SDK and go for it! You'll be everyone's hero.
    Now we are on another issue will bmidgely be able to use the linux and put the Palm OS on the surface. They had a posting where the linux was up and running on a Treo 650

Here is the posting from Palminfocenter.com and the web link

http://palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8373

Progress on the Treo 650 Linux Project
    Posted By: Ryan on Monday, February 06, 2006 3:12:19 PM

Linux working on the Palm Treo 650When I last wrote about Linux on the Treo 650, it was barely booting up the command prompt. Now less than 2 months later, developers have got the GPE graphical interface up and running. GPE is an open source user interface for using Linux on a handheld. It contains an environment of components for PIM, settings network access and other programs. So far people working on the Treo 650 Linux porting have got the keyboard, LCD, touchscreen, bootloader, SD slot, USB and some sound working. Phone and Bluetooth drivers are still under development. There is no word yet on how stable or functional this is, as only a batch of pictures have been posted.

Thanks to Gaurav for the tip
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast