Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Greetings All. Been following this thread religiously as I like to stream alternative news (patriot radio) via Ptunes. This would be super since Palm gave us a crappy audio jack TWICE! (600-650) I'll take mono or stereo as well. Listening to important info in mono is preferable to listening to music in stereo in the age of Avian, Katrina and Earthquakes! (Haarp?) But I can understand the want for both. Count me in for two pre-1933 unconfiscatable gold coins!
    Jeff, any word on development from your end? I know you've probably got your hands tied up in the 1.43 ROM leak with your software illegally in it, but just a quick word on whether or not you think you can make this happen would be excellent. =)
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Many of us do want mono- for use with audio books and such.
    Yeah, I want it to use with MobiTV which is only mono anyway. Though stereo would be schweet for music, I'll take the Mono. I think it'd still be huge.
    I say go for stereo. Music for me. Not so much books/voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I will continue my work on a mono solution then.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    YES PLEASE continue your work on a mono or stereo solution. I'll throw in $50 for your efforts. I want mono for audio books or stereo for mp3s.

Monoorstereo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ehsan09/21/2005, 12:31 AM
    I am on Sprint FYI . But I had Samsung phone in past with sprint and was able to push answer button twice to disconnect one person after taking a conference call. Now on treo I cant. How can it be CDMA instead of TREO???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yatbond09/21/2005, 04:28 AM
    Not to discourage Jeff, but many of us are hoping to have a A2DP bluetooth stack written for the Treo. I personally would want to listen to my music using the bluetooth stereo headphones. I know some would like to listen to their audio books mono, but the majority want stereo. Am I right?

Can someone verify if A2DP is possible for the TREO?
    I've been hoping/wishing for stereo BT for a long time now. Count me in for $25 to the GENIOUS who can 'make it happen!'
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  7.    #127  
    The GENIUS who can get this done is most definitely bmidgely. Everything he has posted in this thread has been accurate to my understanding of the standard and of the issues with solving this problem. Come on bmidgely, I know you're a linux programmer, but download the palm SDK and go for it! You'll be everyone's hero.
    Last edited by guinnessdraught; 10/23/2005 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typos
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Just wondering how things were going for this? I am definitely in for some $$.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I will continue my work on a mono solution then.

Jeff
    A mono solution may be problematic if you intend to use SCO connections. Currently the Treo has SCO audio piped directly to the hardware. In other words, the Bluetooth radio does not send SCO data up to the Bluetooth stack at all. While it is possible to send commands to the Bluetooth radio instructing it to send SCO data over the HCI (to the Bluetooth stack), there is currently no easy way for an application to receive that SCO data (BtLib does not handle SCO connections or data).

IMHO, you would have a better chance of getting stereo to work on the Treo. It is a significant bit of coding however, unless you can make use of the BlueZ A2DP code.

Regards,

Paesano
    Guys... I don't have a treo any more so I won't do it but I'd be willing to help out whatever developer decides to take it up. You can get me on the bluez-devel mailing list.

(fwiw, I tried the 650 and it was almost good enough to keep but without EV-DO, not quite)
    Count me in for $30 for mono, possibly higher for stereo.
    At this rate, by the time this is written I'll probabally have moved on to a WM5 device that supports stereo bluetooth.
    talorh,

What WM5 device will have A2DP available right now? As far as I know, none...

By the way, I test A2DP phones, PDA's and handsets for my work. I have published a compatability list on my site:

http://www.robertwebbe.nl/A2DP.html
    updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertWebbe
    By the way, I test A2DP phones, PDA's and handsets for my work. I have published a compatability list on my site:

Please review

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    No one really has come forward and say he/she is developing A2DP for POS. The closest is Jeff for a mono. As far as I can see, not much hope.

I used the ITech S35 Clip for my laptop. It allowed the use of my own earbuds. I think that should be the preferred choice of most users.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertWebbe
    talorh,

What WM5 device will have A2DP available right now? As far as I know, none...

I stand corrected. I take back what I said. For some reason I thought the WM5 devices did, but it turns out they don't.
    However, it's rumored that there is a feature pack that will add that support to (some) of the devices if they ship with the feature pack.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...817#post843817

So I totally take it back. My bad.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I'm still waving my $bills in the air and praying for STEREO two-way audio/voice to use with my Bluewalker headphones.

I listen to music rather than books.

And having music RESTART in pTunes after finishing a call would be AWESOME!

I still believe someone can find a way to do it.

Greg
    Well, I just have to revive this thread to make sure the developers are aware the faithfuls are still waiting. Or hoping for an A2DP profile as a Christmas present.
    I've got a bounty for that, it's called "the 650 is Palm's last chance to impress me, then I'm switching to PocketPC for good."

Currently it's a bounty of about $500 a year
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast