Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    The fact that A2DP is even POSSIBLE on the T650 is a big change from the conventional wisdom and early discussions (it has/doesn't have the hardware/license to do BT1.2 which is required/not required for A2DP .. and so on).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I'm in for 20 for just mono audio. I'll be overjoyed just being able to listen to audio books.
    Well there is some progress to report. Our LGPL implementation of the encoder library is now running on my 400mhz gumstix (xscale) under linux. Victor Shcherbatyuk with Tomtom provided the arm optimizations that brought this part together.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmidgley
    Our LGPL implementation of the encoder library is now running on my 400mhz gumstix (xscale) under linux.
    Can someone translate this out of Geek? I picked up a few words, but I mostly hear "Our corner library is running 400 gum sticks to Anne Lennox." This good, yah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Can someone translate this out of Geek? I picked up a few words, but I mostly hear "Our corner library is running 400 gum sticks to Anne Lennox." This good, yah?
    Ha.

Basically, we have written the software to give you wireless stereo audio in Linux and we've proven that it will work on the same class of cpu as the treo has. It should be straightforward for a palmos developer to take what we have and make it work on the treo. The hard part that remains is all palmos specific.
    Ree Nigne.... best question/reponse I've seen here on TC in a long time. Brilliant and simple. Good work!
    I'm in for $20. A definite must for the Treo. Stereo or mono. I use my Treo BT headset paired to my G4 Powerbook to listen to iTunes. OK, the sound isn't great. But its totally wire free. I don't use the headset with the Treo at the moment.

Another possibility of the project would be to pair the Treo with your car system via BT? Now my Nokia car kit only has its own tinny little speaker. But it's only a matter of time.... & money
    Quote Originally Posted by bmidgley
    Ha.

Basically, we have written the software to give you wireless stereo audio in Linux and we've proven that it will work on the same class of cpu as the treo has. It should be straightforward for a palmos developer to take what we have and make it work on the treo. The hard part that remains is all palmos specific.
    Wow. This is huge, I mean huge news. Wireless music while working out eliminates the hassle of wires. If it is able to run on the 400 xscale, how much processor time is it using? Do you think there would be enough to still play mp3's?
    How did you do it? Is it all done through emulation or is it a new stack written (like Blue Files addes the FTP protocol)? Thanks and great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    If it is able to run on the 400 xscale, how much processor time is it using? Do you think there would be enough to still play mp3's?
    How did you do it? Is it all done through emulation or is it a new stack written (like Blue Files addes the FTP protocol)? Thanks and great work.
    It uses somewhere between 4 - 10% of the cpu, so there will be cycles left over for mp3 decoding.

We don't have to change or hack the bluetooth stack at all by the way. On Linux, the player just uses the bluetooth socket interface ("L2CAP") that is provided to any application that wants to use bluetooth.

It should be similar on palmos, but then I Am Not a Palmos Developer (IANaPD
    Is there any developer working on this, or are we just waiting and waiting.. I just don't want all of us that are waiting to be disappointed. BTW, I would like to use A2DP with the clip S35 and my shure 4c. That will be paradise. Oh, I guess I am getting too far ahead.

http://www.itechdynamic.com/html/products.htm
    Last edited by yatbond; 09/10/2005 at 12:02 PM.
    There is some ineresting stuff on the iTech site. Thanks. Anyone used the virtual BT keyboard?
  12.    #92  
    bump
    Count me in for $25 for stereo sound. This is exciting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne

WOW....That was funny!! I cant stop laughing!!

Count me in for $25 as well......I just can't leave the Treo (went back to the dark side for a while with the i730). Good luck
    I know I can do this. I have the beginnings of the code written but have been absolutely swamped! I will try to find time to complete this for all of you.

Jeff
    This must sound silly, but if this thing really can be done, I will throw in $500. Please do tell me if I can give that in advance and where.
    Good on you Ehsan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    This must sound silly, but if this thing really can be done, I will throw in $500. Please do tell me if I can give that in advance and where.
    I will accept this offer to develope this mono BT feature. Contact me directly at GoTreo@wideopenwest.com

Jeff
  19.    #99  
    Jeff,
    Why do you say "mono BT feature". We've all been talking about stereo all along. Is that a mistype or are you only thinking mono? That kind of misses the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by guinnessdraught
    Jeff,
    Why do you say "mono BT feature". We've all been talking about stereo all along. Is that a mistype or are you only thinking mono? That kind of misses the point.
    No it is not a typo. The Treo 650 is not capable of doing stereo BT. If you read the top few posts, the Treo does not have the BT 1.2 stack and you need this for stereo. What I am saying is that I believe that I can make an application that will play audio from 3rd party applications on BT headsets. If that is not what people are looking for I will not devote the time.

Please advise.

Jeff
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast