Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Palm states the following on their website
    http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/do..._BtSystem.html

"Palm OS supports version 1.2 of the Bluetooth specification; however, no Bluetooth 1.2 specific features have been exposed in the API at this time."

I am not sure what this means but it appears as though exposed might mean that the features are already in the stack. If they are, all we have to do is turn on the A2DP feature or create a hook to use the A2DP feature.
    Last edited by presserp; 03/28/2005 at 04:23 PM.
    bump
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I believe the hp 6315 already has this feature, and it has bluetooth 1.1.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I am in for $20.
    I'd love to dope slap the person at the develpement meeting who concluded the treo didn't need this on the get go. It is my understanding all the technology was available during the developement time.
    I was waiting for a bt phone because wires always get in the way, but I still need it for my audio files (mono).

by the way...does anyone think any higher ups at Palm read these things?
    Rick
    I'm in for $20... for mono or stereo.

Need me some wireless tunes!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    If this can be done... I'm definitely in for 20... Would love to listen to streaming music via my earpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by r9thomas
    I am in for $20.
    I'd love to dope slap the person at the develpement meeting who concluded the treo didn't need this on the get go. It is my understanding all the technology was available during the developement time.
    I was waiting for a bt phone because wires always get in the way, but I still need it for my audio files (mono).

by the way...does anyone think any higher ups at Palm read these things?
    Rick
    Do you really think a corporation cares if you get everything you want in one package? No. If they provided everything you wanted in one package, not as many people would purchase their NEXT model. I seriously doubt that the Treo sales would have skyrocketed further than they already did if they had a few more components added in that everyone wanted.

All the people that complain (especially a nameless loser who likes to pimp his website out every chance he gets) don't seem to understand capitalism and how corporations want to make money. They always keep you wanting more. For those people waiting for the next model because it has this, that or the other, they will continue to wait, because the NEXT model after that will have something new that comes out.

That "dope" is probably getting a huge salary to tell palm what to leave out of their models that will keep people coming back for more.

Regardless, i'm in for a 20 spot to get some A2DP.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Posted this over in 650 Hardware Development, but it might be of interest here. Fundable.org can be used for development bounties - they collect funds up front from donors as payment toward the deadline/goal. If the goal is reached, payment is made. If not, all funds are refunded to the donors. Nice.
    I'm not really interested in the bounty (I won't get a treo until it supports EVDO), but I have been working on getting a2dp working on xscale. If you're curious or want to pitch in, see the status page (ignore stuff about SCO since it doesn't apply):

http://bluetooth-alsa.sf.net/embed.html

I'm seriously thinking about using Gnu MP to do the math stuff. I realize that it would be more portable to treo if we converted all floating-point to integer ops rather than invoking another library but the complete conversion would be a big job...
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I'm in for $25!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    OK NOW I'M MAD. I WANT MY BT 1.2 ON MY TREO 650 - NOW!!!! NAME YOUR PRICE!

www.karlz.tv
    I will give this a shot next week!

I am hopefull that it is possible to make this happen.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    Moreover, wasn't it a speed issue? I thought BT 1.1 wasn't fast enough to support music through BT.?
    The bluetooth chip used in the Treo 650 has BT 1.2 capabilities, over course the CPU also has USB Host.. but both are not used...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I too am in for $20. if you want to set up at the pre-donate site mentioned above, I'm there. don't need stereo, just listening to audiobooks, and bt would be a blessing!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    In for $20 - for full A2DP.
    I also listen to audiobooks; my collection is huge. I convert my AB's to mp3 and listen to them on my mp3 player. Having the ability to listen to them over BT would be cool, but not feasible for me at work.....I can see it now; me sitting there with a BT headset, begging the powers that be, to believe I'm not using it on a phone call at that time.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

Any luck with making this happen?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Jeff
    Are you serious !! !! !!

That will be awesome. I am sitting around with Bluetake's stereo headset, having to use their dongle....

Name your price!!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Hey Jeff,

Any luck with making this happen?
    \
    I've been side tracked with cleaning up VolumeCare. Have now got it just about where I want it. Also had some contract work that I was finishing up. I can now take a look at this solution sometime this week.

Jeff
    All your hard work is appreciated, brother. You've definitely contributed enormously to the Treo community.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast