Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Im very interested! $10 intersted!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Even if the quality is poor, I would still be interested... Anyone else?
    I'm interested... $50 interested, although I'm hoping it'll be less. I probably listened to 500 hours of Audible.com books on my Treo 600 in 2004, and being able to do this wirelessly on the 650 is one of the things that got me excited about the 650 in the first place. I don't care if the audio quality is AM radio mono quality... the books I listen to are mono anyway, and aren't much better than AM radio quality to start with. I already told the Toysoft people they have my $$$ the minute they get Freedom working over bluetooth....
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjb
    I'm interested... $50 interested, although I'm hoping it'll be less. I probably listened to 500 hours of Audible.com books on my Treo 600 in 2004, and being able to do this wirelessly on the 650 is one of the things that got me excited about the 650 in the first place. I don't care if the audio quality is AM radio mono quality... the books I listen to are mono anyway, and aren't much better than AM radio quality to start with. I already told the Toysoft people they have my $$$ the minute they get Freedom working over bluetooth....
    Great... the current bounty is then $100 bucks. I'll add another $10 bucks, so we're now at $110 bucks!

Even if the quality is less than steller, I agree that the ability to listen to ebooks, audio etc via bt headset in mono at least would be great!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Great... the current bounty is then $100 bucks. I'll add another $10 bucks, so we're now at $110 bucks!

Even if the quality is less than steller, I agree that the ability to listen to ebooks, audio etc via bt headset in mono at least would be great!
    Hold on there, Honcho! Don't go hijacking our bounty This thread is for getting A2DP working on a treo. That means BT stereo headphones. I can appreciate that there are people interested in getting this to work over a mono jabra, or whatever. But, I have to think that's a much smaller interest segment than A2DP. As for me, my pledge is only good for A2DP, mono is worthless for music, and that's all I care about.

I'm assuming A2DP would be acceptable to you guys as well, and that your pledges are therfore still valid. However, if you want to pledge funds for getting this to work on a mono headset, than you guys should start another thread, so as not to co-mingle funds with those of us who expect A2DP for our money, which was the original intent of this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    Hold on there, Honcho! Don't go hijacking our bounty This thread is for getting A2DP working on a treo. That means BT stereo headphones. I can appreciate that there are people interested in getting this to work over a mono jabra, or whatever. But, I have to think that's a much smaller interest segment than A2DP. As for me, my pledge is only good for A2DP, mono is worthless for music, and that's all I care about.

I'm assuming A2DP would be acceptable to you guys as well, and that your pledges are therfore still valid. However, if you want to pledge funds for getting this to work on a mono headset, than you guys should start another thread, so as not to co-mingle funds with those of us who expect A2DP for our money, which was the original intent of this thread
    Well sorry to deflate your bubble, but if you really just want to focus on A2DP, then your bounty might as well be dead. It's already been stated that the Treo is not going to get that unless there's an update patch for BT 1.2 which probably can only come from PalmOne b/c of the technincal complexicities. At this point, you might want to consider what is more possible and achievable rather than hopeful...just my .02 cents...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    I understand you wanting to keep the bounties separate... I'm sure A2DP is a minimum requirement for other folks as well. However, it seems likely getting any kind of audio in the BT headset (other than a phone conversation of course) would be incremental progress in the direction of A2DP, and thus perhaps helpful even to those only interested in A2DP.

Having said that, the title of this thread is "New Bluetooth Bounty - A2DP"... maybe we need a another thread?
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Well sorry to deflate your bubble, but if you really just want to focus on A2DP, then your bounty might as well be dead. It's already been stated that the Treo is not going to get that unless there's an update patch for BT 1.2 which probably can only come from PalmOne b/c of the technincal complexicities. At this point, you might want to consider what is more possible and achievable rather than hopeful...just my .02 cents...
    A2DP would be better over a 1.2 radio because of the Adaptive Frequency Hopping feature, however, it will work with a 1.1 radio. It is a significant undertaking, however, because you would not only have to implement the AVDTP transport layer, but write an SBC codec as well. It is a lot of work, but I don't see any technical reason it can't be done.
    As it was mentioned, A2DP can be supported on a 1.1 adapter. We are doing that on our linux driver at http://bluetooth-alsa.sf.net

If you are considering coding it from scratch, start with the gpl/lgpl stuff we have there for avdtp transport and sbc encoding. The linux bluetooth support doesn't have native avdtp, so it's all done with l2cap sockets in a way anyone else could pick up...
    I'm in for $20.
    I am in for $20 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by paesano
    A2DP would be better over a 1.2 radio because of the Adaptive Frequency Hopping feature, however, it will work with a 1.1 radio. It is a significant undertaking, however, because you would not only have to implement the AVDTP transport layer, but write an SBC codec as well. It is a lot of work, but I don't see any technical reason it can't be done.
    Is there a windows stack that can do a2dp over bluetooth 1.2?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I'm in for $20.
    Call me a minimalist but it would be nice if they just perfected the signal strnegth of the current BT before they go and add new variables to mess it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Is there a windows stack that can do a2dp over bluetooth 1.2?
    Yes. The IVT stack does A2DP. You can download a demo that will send up to 5 MB and then stop. Starts over each time you restart the Bluetooth drivers.

http://www.ivtcorporation.com/
    I'm in for $50...I want STEREO bluetooth.
    I'm in for $20
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
  17.    #37  
    Bump.
    Hey I hadn't visited this thread in awhile. Sounds like there is a decent linux starting point. I'll bump my offer to $50 since I'm about to finally get my phone.

Has anyone actually started working on this? A few of you sounded like you were investigating? It will be a big seller!!!
    This is quite a belated answer to your question, but yes, I would be very interested in this. Is there any updates on this since November?
  19. agi
    I'm in for $20, oh .. anybody in there?

Seriously, $20 it is.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I am VERY interested in this, either the audio over mono bluetooth headset or support for stereo bluetooth headphones.

If someone can get the bluetooth headphones working with A2DP.

I'm in for $50.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast