Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Any more word on A2DP bounty? as in how much? Anyone trying to crack it? I'd be willing to give to it. anyone anyone??

Also, the problem w/ that softstick audio gateway is that you have to spend over $100 on the headphnoe/headset combination. Anyone have one of those and tried the software??
    Me thinks that Softick has earned the bounty. They have implemented A2DP on the Treo 650. Of course, you need BT headset. They weren't going to give that away for free !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Yes The bounty is definetely theirs...Dmytro Pohromskyy has done a bang-up job...

I have a pair of Logitech Wireless Headphones for iPod (F-0361A). These headphones are the white colored ones with BT and they have a dongle which plugs into the top of an iPod Mini or Photo or any older iPod with the remote connector beside the headphone jack....these headphones have, in the past, allowed me to pause my iPod, go Fwd and Back between tracks and adjust the volume right from buttons on the side of the headset...I got these for a song because they are not compatible with the newer iPods that only have a dock connector..

The Logitech dongle was set aside and not needed...just the Logitech BT headphones...

I purchased and loaded the Version 1.01.308 from Softick's website, had my BT headphones discovered by my Treo and the Audio Gateway and voila..I started up Realplayer and Stereo was mine!

I still have to figure out how to manage phone calls, I probably have to answer at the handset.

Highly recommended
    I, too, was stoked when I read about Softick's A2DP program. However, I imagine the estimated ratio of Treo users that own SCO headsets (standard BT phone headsets) vs. fancy A2DP stereo BT headphones to be anywhere from 10:1 to 50 or 100:1. That said, I emailed Softick to ask them if they planned to implement support for 'traditional' bluetooth headphones, and they replied (very quickly, actually) with this:

Hello Chad,

According to our estimations, SCO profile is much harder to implement
    comparing to A2DP. And these difficulties are because of Palm OS
    Bluetooth stack. So we have decided to implement much promise solution
    with good sound quality.

--
    Best regards,
    Georgy Minaevsky
    Softick Support Department
    You know what this means... everybody head over to Softick's site and tell them how much money you'd pay for them to add support for standard BT headsets!

http://www.softick.com/notes.php?type=prod
    Im just wondering HOW they did it since EVERYONE said it couldnt be done.

Not the actual code of course but just in English how they did it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Here's the palminfocenter article on the story of softick's Bt stereo to headset aka Audio Gateway and voila...

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...o-the-palm-os/
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    So does this Softick think allow voice dialing via bluetooth headset?
    Anybody try the logitech headphones for an ipod?
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    Anybody try the logitech headphones for an ipod?

read 5-6 entries up...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Yup, that's the one I was talking about. I'm not sure why is not connecting though?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Has anyone gotten the Softick Audio Gateway to work with Zonet's ZUB8100 headphones?
    http://www.zonetusa.com/DispProduct.asp?ProductID=163
    Is it true? Does this work?

Audio Gateway...

http://www.mobihand.com/palminfocent...ct.asp?id=5536
    Yes, with supported hardware.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I really don't know if they're using our open-source sbc library (the license certainly allows it, so it would only make us more proud if they are)

In any case, we practically doubled the performance of the encoder in a recent release (doing most intermediate ops in 32-bit integers instead of 64-bit), so if they are using it, that will open up some more possibilities for glitch-free audio.
    I haven't been able to get the a2dp to work with my Sony Ericsson HBH-662 headset.

It gives me the error "Unable to connect to the headset. Page timeout"

Anyone had any succes stories?
    Mine seems to be working pretty well with my Logitech headphones but the only issue is when I get a call, it just says no caller id which is really annoying.
    Mine seems to be working pretty well with my Logitech headphones but the only issue is when I get a call, it just says no caller id which is really annoying.
    Are you saying the phone works with the SAG (Softick Audio Gateway), or just the stereo streaming to the Logitech headphones? I am assuming that the SAG solution is one-way streaming of audio only, not two-way BT communication between headset and Treo, correct?

Assuming this is a one-way solution (which is still fantastic), do you get the phone audio sent to the headset? I understand the mic on the Logitech, for example, could not be used with the SAG for voice calls, but does the audio (other person speaking to you) come through on the headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Are you saying the phone works with the SAG (Softick Audio Gateway), or just the stereo streaming to the Logitech headphones? I am assuming that the SAG solution is one-way streaming of audio only, not two-way BT communication between headset and Treo, correct?

Assuming this is a one-way solution (which is still fantastic), do you get the phone audio sent to the headset? I understand the mic on the Logitech, for example, could not be used with the SAG for voice calls, but does the audio (other person speaking to you) come through on the headset?
    The phone does work, I can get a call but nothing comes through the headphones on the call and it always says no caller id.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So does this Softick think allow voice dialing via bluetooth headset?
    Anyone?
    The phone does work, I can get a call but nothing comes through the headphones on the call and it always says no caller id.
    Thanks. From the Softick update v1.02 yesterday they say "Incoming calls on Treo 650 are transferred to the bluetooth headset now." Hmm. Maybe you can now get the call.

I'm maxing out on my knowledge of this (which ain't hard), so here's my next question - Does this mean that the SAG simply doesn't interfere with a phone connection which otherwise works between the Treo and the headset (i.e. over bluetooth 1.1 connection as opposed to A2DP)? If so, do A2DP and BT 2-way operate independently?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast