Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipacmm
    nope, also buy.com has it for $173.99 but they are sold out of it.

    I wonder if they ever had this in stock to be in "sold out" situation. Sold out implies that they had this in stock some point in the past.
    Last edited by bestoverall; 01/05/2005 at 07:41 AM.
  2. #42  
    Has anyone tried one of these 2GB cards in a T650 yet? I'm dying to know if they work.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    Has anyone tried one of these 2GB cards in a T650 yet? I'm dying to know if they work.
    No one has even received one yet, moreless tested it on the T650.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  4. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Any news?

    beuller? beuller?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #46  
    I just got $175 worth of Fry's gift certificates for Christmas and I'm hoping Fry's will carry the Ultra II 2GB soon.
  6. jyew's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #47  
    A long time ago, on the Tungsten groups, there was a lot of
    discussion about the various manufacturers, and there seemed
    to be a consensus that Lexar is superior to SanDisk in reliability,
    quality, speed (VFSmark?), etc.. Is this still true? Who and
    SD cards are the best?

    Also, what's the best configuration of SD cards?
    A huge one vs. multiple smaller ones?

    Best Performance/Speed/Versatility??

    Are the larger SD cards (>1GB) slower? Just wondering..
    If yes, then it seems like it might be better to have multiple
    "smaller" cards.. like a 1GB for MP3s/Photos and another 1GB
    for utilities and work apps (like medical stuff for me).

    On the other hand, if there is no performance disadvantage,
    it would be nice to just have a HUGE card that holds it all.

    Any thoughts? Thanks! -J
  7. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    All, finally found the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB, over at CDW.com. I know a CSR over there who agreed to provide special pricing to TC users of $180 plus $14 to overnight it if you're interested. (The unit lists for $200 on their website).
    CDW seems to be the only ones with it in stock this week. Email the CSR, brentra@cdw.com.

    Adam
    Did you get it, or did I miss a post? No one else seems to be able to get one yet!
  8. #49  
    Freaking Sandisk! Why would they advertise and get our hopes up and never release the damn product? It's been over 3 months and all the retailers show "Coming Soon" for the last 3 months. It doesn't sound like coming soon at all.
  9. #50  
    This may be just another let down, but it promises shipment in 4 days.

    http://www.memorysuppliers.com/sa2gb60xsedi.html
  10. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman
    This may be just another let down, but it promises shipment in 4 days.

    http://www.memorysuppliers.com/sa2gb60xsedi.html
    But WOW...$249!?! That's quite a difference from buy.com's $170 or so....shipping or no shipping!
  11. #52  
    The high price makes me think this may be for real. Being the first kid on the block is never cheap.

    I will wait for at least < $200.
  12. #53  
    Sandisk rep's at CES, for what it's worth, said it will ship in 2 weeks.
  13. #54  
    Went to Fry's today and went to the memory section. I checked out the SD cards and noticed they already have a price tag on the board for the SanDisk Ultra II 2GB SD card. I asked one of the employees there if they already have them in stock and he said "Not yet, but they should be in next week."

    I took a pic of the price tag with my 650, so if you wanna know how much Fry's will be selling them, check it out. (The pic is blurry because the price tag was behind a glass case and I had to use the 2x zoom.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Went to Fry's today and went to the memory section. I checked out the SD cards and noticed they already have a price tag on the board for the SanDisk Ultra II 2GB SD card. I asked one of the employees there if they already have them in stock and he said "Not yet, but they should be in next week."

    I took a pic of the price tag with my 650, so if you wanna know how much Fry's will be selling them, check it out. (The pic is blurry because the price tag was behind a glass case and I had to use the 2x zoom.)
    I don't see how its worth it. I can get 3 1GB before rebates or 4 1GB cards after rebate. Not trying to thread crap, just trying to put things in my perspective. I could see if you have a digicam and are shooting pictures for weddings, and didn't want to change out cards. But for a phone?
  15. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    I don't see how its worth it. I can get 3 1GB before rebates or 4 1GB cards after rebate. Not trying to thread crap, just trying to put things in my perspective. I could see if you have a digicam and are shooting pictures for weddings, and didn't want to change out cards. But for a phone?
    I am with TR30, with the 2 gig.
    The reason is the internal memory issue with Treo. If there had been descent amount of memory in the phone to begin 1 gig would be fine. But there isn't, which means we will have to store applications on the card as well. That in mind, people who store applications on the card and have to change cards is going to be a major PITA. I want music on my Treo and applications resident and working.
  16. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #57  
    The logic of having more than 1gb is music! I have a Sandisk 1gb in my Treo 600 and it is just about full, but over 750megs are mp3 files. And that's only a few albums. It's still cheaper than getting an Ipod and all the accessories...
  17. #58  
    Ok. I can understand wanting to have it for music. Me goes back into me cave and me lurker status.
  18. #59  
    Just an update... I've had my Ultra II 2G card on backorder from CDW for almost 2 months. Every 1-2 weeks they are given a release date, which then gets pushed back. So far, I've been given 7 separate release dates. The 2G card now falls squarely in the "I'll believe it when I see it category". The reps I've spoken with say they've never seen delays on a product like the Ultra II 1G and 2G cards. I did a pretty thorough internet search and these cards are even out of stock overseas. I'm not sure what the holdup is... no one seems to know. I have to wonder if they've decided to just can the Ultra II cards given the recent hype about the Extreme III cards...
  19. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    Ok. I can understand wanting to have it for music. Me goes back into me cave and me lurker status.
    Don't go back into cave and lurk. Your point was very valid and probably many people learned something from your post. This forum is for discussion and learning (for most ) It is not about being right or wrong.

    Some people may not need 2 gigs, who don't care about using the Treo for music or don't mind moving music back and forth on a regular basis. 1 gig is alot .

    We are just posting our thoughts on out needs, as others may not have thought of this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions