Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treosome
    I wonder how long til it's $69 at Fry's?
    When Fry's can find enough defective ones for pennies on the dollar, to repackage, it will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    When Fry's can find enough defective ones for pennies on the dollar, to repackage, it will be there.
    Man, is that true? Come to think of it, all the components I've ever bought from Fry's have never been completely sealed or shrink wrapped.
    I wonder how long til it's $69 at Fry's?
    Prolly about 9 months or so. I picked up a 1GB for $45 AR. And it kicks **** on speed.

File Create: 780%
    File Delete: 390%
    File Write: 56%
    File Read: 662%
    File Seek: 737%
    DB Export: 424%
    DB Import: 470%
    Record Access: 724%
    Resource Access: 711%

VFSMark: 550

But I would love to have a 2GB card, but I don't really have a need for that much memory YET
    Last edited by lyndon_h; 12/06/2004 at 09:14 PM.
    Man, is that true? Come to think of it, all the components I've ever bought from Fry's have never been completely sealed or shrink wrapped.
    But did they work? If they worked and were cheap, who cares?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Website now says 1 - 2 weeks, have you gotton any updates?
    Nothing new beyond the 13Dec date. A service rep looked up the order list and said I happened to be #1 in line. So, hopefully soon. I'll post VFSMark scores and whether it works (ie; 650 seems all 2GB) once it arrives.
    Also seen at pcmall.com for $179.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Also seen at pcmall.com for $179.99
    yeah, but are they shipping?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    yeah, but are they shipping?
    nope, also buy.com has it for $173.99 but they are sold out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    But did they work? If they worked and were cheap, who cares?
    True, but i'd like to be told up front about it. I buy open boxed items all the time, as long as it carries the same warranty and that it's made clear that it is open box.
    True, but i'd like to be told up front about it. I buy open boxed items all the time, as long as it carries the same warranty and that it's made clear that it is open box.
    I agree. You do need to know up front.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Maybe they should change their name to Fried?
    Ok. Today is Dec 13th. Is anyone shipping the Ultra 2GB yet?

My patience is getting thin as days go by....
    I just called CDW. New date is 22Dec. I then called Sandisk CS directly at 866-sandisk. I had a bizarre conversation... she insisted that if I go to shopper.cnet.com that I would find many stores showing the 2gb card in stock. She insisted she was looking at the web page. But, I typed in the same search terms she listed and found a list of stores that ALL said "out of stock". She then referred me to several of their distributors, none of whom were any help at all. So, my guess on the availability of the cards is somewhere after the Treo 650 update from P1 and before the freezing over of hell
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    I just called CDW. New date is 22Dec. So, my guess on the availability of the cards is somewhere after the Treo 650 update from P1 and before the freezing over of hell
    I agree. This is starting to sound very suspect!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Anyone remember Sandisk Wifi fiasco? It took Sandisk nearly 2 years to come up with Palm Wifi Card after publicallly annoucing their plan to introduce the card next quarter. Then when it finally came out, it was a half-*** done.

I hope it doesn't pan out the same way here b/c I really need that card.
    Has anyone's C/C actually been charged yet or is the sale still pending?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Has anyone's C/C actually been charged yet or is the sale still pending?
    No charge to my account yet, just a pending order on the CDW website

To the poster 2 above mine, from what all the merchants are telling me, the delay is just a supply/demand thing around the holidays. Sandisk has huge demand and is getting them out a few at a time. I haven't heard any retailers complain about the quality, just the availability this time of year... which sucks, but isn't altogether unexpected. From the few users who have posted their experiences, it sounds like these puppies will be worth the wait
    Just spoke to a friend of mine who shoots for a huge photography co. in nyc and he said they just got a big order of these cards in today. They are all happy as hell now. So it seems like big corp. orders are being filled 1st.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Just spoke to a friend of mine who shoots for a huge photography co. in nyc and he said they just got a big order of these cards in today. They are all happy as hell now. So it seems like big corp. orders are being filled 1st.
    i'm in the city. can he lose one? and then tell me where?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I skipped buying the 1Gig card so I can have the 2Gig, so I really can't wait. I think I'm going to put my 512 card in my digital camera and use the 2Gig for my Treo.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast