1.    #1  
    I would like to know how users listen to MP3s on their Treo650.
    What headsets are best, where do you find the proper 2.5mm to
    3.5mm plugs to allow stereo headphones, etc. My Treo650 plays
    MP3s fine through the speaker, but I would like to use it to listen
    in stereo.
    So, what 2.5mm stereo headphones, connectors do I want?

Thanks in advance
    There is an adapter that you can buy from Treo Central store or Palm One that will work fine. I assume that the same adapter that fits the 600 fits the 650.
    I bought an adapter from Radio Shack for $3.00 It works great. I have connected it to my car stereo, and it sounds great!!!
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by treolawyer
    There is an adapter that you can buy from Treo Central store or Palm One that will work fine. I assume that the same adapter that fits the 600 fits the 650.
    Yes, that same adapter for the 600 does work for the 650. I have been using it with my 650 and a cassette adapter in my car to listen to MP3's/Oggs via Pocket Tunes v3.05 Deluxe. Can't wait to get a 2Gb SD card, my 512mb SD card is running out of room.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob
    I would like to know how users listen to MP3s on their Treo650.
    What headsets are best, where do you find the proper 2.5mm to
    3.5mm plugs to allow stereo headphones, etc. My Treo650 plays
    MP3s fine through the speaker, but I would like to use it to listen
    in stereo.
    So, what 2.5mm stereo headphones, connectors do I want?

Thanks in advance
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I bought an adapter from Radio Shack for $3.00 It works great. I have connected it to my car stereo, and it sounds great!!!
    DOh..... why didn't I think of Radioshack for an adaptor. I will go there today. I hope they have the nice 90 degree elbow adaptor Treo sells for $10.
    Thanks.

I have ordered the "palmOne Treo 650 Hybrid Headset/Headphones" from here at TreoCentral, where they seem to be $10 less (29.95 vs 39.95). It will be a while for delivery, and I will post a review when I get them.
    Does anyone have this accessory already? Let me know how it sounds and how well the call interrupt works.

Any other Stereo headphones that work well, maybe with a built on 2.5mm plug. (Do the iPod earbuds use 2.5mm or the more standard 3.5mm plug?)

-----------------------------

As a new treo user, I have been surprised by all the negative messages on other threads. But I suppose the user forums for iPods are full of stuff like "Why can't my iPod send and receive cell phone calls like the Treo650 MP3 player?" or "This stinks, Apple should have thought of that before they released an MP3/ACC3 player with no built-in cell phone! Heck, my iPod can't even take or play video clips, and it still costs over $250!"

(That was meant to be funny, for those who just don't get it.)
    just wondering, will the Hybrid Headset/Headphones for Treo 650 work on the Treo 600?
    Brianz:

I know that the hybrid headset for the 600 will not work on the 650. Therefore, I'm fairly confident that the headset (aka 2-in-1) for the 650 is not backward compatible with the 600.
    is there a hybrid headset for the treo 600 from palmone? does it have two earplugs?
    I bought the seidio 2-in-1 retractable headset - haven't received it yet, but should not need an adapter and they look like a nice headset that will allow calls or music...
    the biggest problem i have with the seidio 2-in-1 headset is that:
    -it's expensive
    -not readily available here in australia
    -need to toggle the switch to make calls or listen to music, what's the deal with that? why can't palm or someone else just make a simple headset for the Treo 600 like the one in Treo 650?