1.    #1  
    I'm NEW to Treo and have just ordered a 650 which I hope to receive in a few weeks. I have never actually used the web browser on a smartphone. Are you able to surf the internet just like on a computer but with a smaller screen? Will I be able to load a Java Application? If so, I'm curious if I would be able to play poker online at pokerroom.com? They use a java interface rather than a downloaded program like all the other online poker sites. It would be cool to use my Treo to play online poker rather than having to pull out my laptop in airports, before meetings, etc...

Thanks for your help!

Sean
    I highly doubt that the poker web site will work. I'd imagine that the web site is installing java programs on your pc. Blazer supports java script, but not actual java coding.

Normal web sites will work great on Blazer, including most secure sites for online purchases and bill paying.

Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by mseanschmidt
    I'm NEW to Treo and have just ordered a 650 which I hope to receive in a few weeks. I have never actually used the web browser on a smartphone. Are you able to surf the internet just like on a computer but with a smaller screen? Will I be able to load a Java Application? If so, I'm curious if I would be able to play poker online at pokerroom.com? They use a java interface rather than a downloaded program like all the other online poker sites. It would be cool to use my Treo to play online poker rather than having to pull out my laptop in airports, before meetings, etc...

Thanks for your help!

Sean
    I have the same question as Sean. This was asked about 7 months ago. Is it now available somehow?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    Normal web sites will work great on Blazer, including most secure sites for online purchases and bill paying. Nathan
    I'm not sure I would say great, not even sure I would say good. My treo homepage is still set to the cingular wap page and it's woefully slow loading up, as are other site's I've frequented.

Some applications such as DA work real good on the web, but for casual surfing, even on WAP friendly sites, I'm not real impressed with the Treo and Cingulars Media Net.

David...