1.    #1  
    I'm a hearing-impaired user who wants to buy a 650 online and who is an existing Sprint customer who is eligible for the upgrade discount. Yet I can't order the 650 via Sprint's online store (it is still stuck on the 600). Why is this and when will Sprint fix their online store? They didn't EVER list the last Bluetooth phone they offered, either.

If I have to buy via PalmOne, how can I get the loyalty discount and the $30-for-online-ordering discount? (An earlier posting here indicated that such a discount would exist.)

Sprint's failure to make online ordering possible is disappointing.
    Same here. I tried a couple of days ago and the website only showed the T600. it asks for your ZIP code, so maybe that makes a difference?
  3.    #3  
    ... and logged in via my Sprint account, so it should already know my password. The zipcode is 63144.

Sprint, Sprint, Sprint... first you mess up Bluetooth (though I'm eyeing the Audi A3 as my next car and there's already been hints that the 650 works with Audis, although maybe the demo phone hadn't been messed up by Sprint) and now you make it impossible for people to buy the phone! Grrr!
  4.    #4  
    Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience faced by you, while
    trying to order the desired phone online.

The PCS Phone by Treo 650 is available on a limited scale. Therefore,
    it has been restricted for sale to a single sales channel only.

It can be ordered through our TeleSales department. I would request you
    to call any of your authorized representative, to order the phone on
    your behalf. Please ask them to call 1-800-480-4727 to order the phone.

What part of HEARING-IMPAIRED did they not understand ???

Buran,

I will tell you this. If you order through PalmOne, you can still get the $150 upgrade discount. You will just need to get hold of the discount form (you can print it out from Amazon.com) and fill it in as an existing customer. THere is a line that acknowledges existing customer discounts, even though it says it's for new activations. That way you can still get the $150 mail in rebate.

The $30 online purchase you're out of luck. Until SPCS starts selling the 650 en-masse, they won't have it on their website. Early releases and some limited phones are only available through telesales. The new Sprint Blackberry is another example. It is available, but only through business lines.

Hope that helps a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buran
    ... and logged in via my Sprint account, so it should already know my password. The zipcode is 63144.

Sprint, Sprint, Sprint... first you mess up Bluetooth (though I'm eyeing the Audi A3 as my next car and there's already been hints that the 650 works with Audis, although maybe the demo phone hadn't been messed up by Sprint) and now you make it impossible for people to buy the phone! Grrr!
    Don't worry about the BT check out shodowmite's fix

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63250
    Just FYI: I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but it looks like Sprint's entire account management and activations system doesn't quite know what to make of the 650 yet. The 650 is simply not in the system, period, and the activation tool presumably just knows enough to consider the ESNs as valid.

If I log into my Sprint account right now, and look at the space where my current phone would normally be displayed, that space is blank and "unknown device" is listed. The system knows enough to realzie the ESN is valid and can be activated, but it cannot make heads or tails of what model phone that ESN might indicate.

Kinda bizarre. Even when I had an SE T608, the Sprint online account manager knew what it was, even if there wasn't a single CS or sales rep at Sprint who did. Every time I would call to inquire about something, they would pull up my account, I guess see a picture of the T608 and immeidately gasp "what's THAT?!"
    I am being shipped an extra Treo 650 from palmOne today or tomorrow. I would rather sell it at cost to someone from this board instead of returning it. Email or PM if you're interested.
  10.    #10  
    Interesting -- has anyone who's not a business user ordered through here? Any luck with the existing-customer discount?

If people have had success, I may just do this, although given the problems people are having with the DUN profile I might wait til Sprint issues a patch -- that, and I want to keep to one major purchase per month and that might be a new flash for my Nikon D70. It would not surprise me if Sprint takes a month or two to fix the DUN problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buran
    [i]What part of HEARING-IMPAIRED did they not understand ???
    "Impaired," clearly.
    In favor of goofy names: MyTreo.net.