• Other end - Poor

9 12.68%
  • BlueTooth Headset - Thumbs Up

15 21.13%
  • BlueTooth Headset - Thumbs Down

11 15.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    The sound quality discussion needs to be a poll.

Please select only those that apply. Please only vote if you actually OWN a T650. Ran out of options for Bluetooth and there are too many to try but give a thumbs up/down on first impressions if using it.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 11/22/2004 at 10:47 AM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Please select all that apply. Please only vote if you actually OWN a T650.

Select all what?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  3.    #3  
    Strange, it half posted. Fixed now.
  4.    #4  
    Only 2 owners? Please comment along with vote to keep it bumped.
    I bought the bluetrek G2 and people have a hard time hearing me. With the phone in my hand I was able to hear much more static than I expected. I am going to try Jabra's BT headset.. Hope it's better.

The speaker phone on my treo 300 was louder and clearer. There is an anoying crackle with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchahi8ne
    I bought the bluetrek G2 and people have a hard time hearing me. With the phone in my hand I was able to hear much more static than I expected. I am going to try Jabra's BT headset.. Hope it's better.

The speaker phone on my treo 300 was louder and clearer. There is an anoying crackle with the 650.
    I agree- The speaker on my 600 was louder and clearer and I also get an anoying crackle.
    I have two units (mine and my wifes). Both sound fine on both ends as of now. My wife has used hers for over 90mins in the past 24hrs with no sound issues.

ctdw
    I have the crackle problem with the G2 as well. Only when moving around though. When the 650 is laying on a table and I'm still, it works fine.
    had a Treo 650 about 5 days now. Sound incoming from callers is great, I can hear their voice perfectly, no issues whatsoever.

However, what THEY are saying is the sound quality is very very poor, I cut out a lot and it sounds muffled, like I have something in front of my mouth when speaking. I never heard these comments with my old Sanyo. If Palmone doesnt fix this, I may have to return it and just wait on the Samsung i550. I dont really like having to repeat myself multiple times on each call due to a poor microphone, I hope they fix this because I love the Treo 650 other than that...
  10.    #10  
    I wonder if some T650 units have bad mics while others do not... Or is it just a bad mic design period?
    No problems on my end.

Also, keep in mind that people's opinions of the bluetooth headset quality are going to be greatly colored by the headset itself. If it's a cheaply constructed headset, it will give you cheap audio. And I wouldn't expect a whole lot fromt eh free headsets palm is giving away... they're probably free for a reason. I doubt they would be as willing to give away Motorola HS810s or HS820s isntead of the Jabra models, and I can definitely say the HS810 is a superb headset and helps make the T650 shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchahi8ne

Same here. This problem can be reproduced on my 600 if I check the +3db volume adjustment in Pocket Tunes. Maybe Palm just amped up the audio output instead of putting in a better quality speaker?
    well, the volume on the 650 earpiece is definitely not as loud as the 600...at least in my case.
  14.    #14  
    Looks like there are a lot of unknows from the 'other end'. I'm supposed to have mine by tomorrow or Wed.
    My speaker seems to crackle or at least vibrate loudly upon anything making noise, alarm, ringer, speaker phone, especially when it beeps as though you did something you shouldn't I can especially here the crackle then, it sucks....
    I also get a crackle on my speaker - like when i use my 600 United_States ringer (Star Spang... Banner) at a 5 or 7 level. I wondered if it was just my 650 but from this thread it appears as if others are having this problem as well.
    It is an excellent phone, and my 650 is going back to Sprint. The most important aspect is that this is a good phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    And I wouldn't expect a whole lot fromt eh free headsets palm is giving away... they're probably free for a reason. I doubt they would be as willing to give away Motorola HS810s or HS820s isntead of the Jabra models, and I can definitely say the HS810 is a superb headset and helps make the T650 shine.
    The T650 is my first BT-enabled phone, and thus using a phone without a wire running all over my torso is a big plus already. I didn't get the Jabra BT250, instead paying for the BlueTrek G2, and apart from having to speak louder than I would with the phone to my ear, I like it a lot. Are these Motorola headsets that much better? If I'm happy with the G2, will I be ecstatic with something more expensive?