1.    #1  
    There used to be (on the 600) a view in the Calendar where you saw all your appointments for the week and a few other views that seem to be left out in the latest version. Can you take the old version and put it on the 650 somehow?
    StevenB
    According to page 76 of the user manual, the Calendar is supposed to be able to show Agenda, Day, Week, Month, and Year views.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenB
    There used to be (on the 600) a view in the Calendar where you saw all your appointments for the week and a few other views that seem to be left out in the latest version. Can you take the old version and put it on the 650 somehow?
    Forgive me if you already know this, but is it a configuration issue? On the Preferences dialog of the Calendar app, you can select the View available. Maybe you don't have them all selected? Having never actually seen a real 650 - they are not available in the UK yet - maybe they have removed some of the views, but it seems unlikely.
    No, Week view was a third party license that was a part of Handspring and was not renewed by Palm One. Week veiw was never a part of Palm OS.
    It was basically a crippled version of DateBook3. Will I now be forced to purchase datebook5?
  6. gcs
    Hi,
    The view you're referring to was from Datebook+, a "lite" version of Datebook3 which Handspring licensed. It's no longer there, so if you want those views, you'll need to buy Datebook5. You'll get much more, including cool icons that you can attach to every entry, font choices, all kinds of stuff.
    Profits from it go to wildlife conservation, so it's good karma too...
    George
    I like my good karma in tax deductible form. Is any portoin of the purchase deductible?
    So do the P1 T600's not have the weekview either?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeshur
    So do the P1 T600's not have the weekview either?
    T600's were a Handspring device, not P1. They have weekview.
    I loved weekview. Datebook5 is a bit overwhelming, is there a slimmer solution?
    You can get just weekview from the site. Only problem is that the dates are not in color nor does it have other options. I too find the entire datebook 5 application overwhelming and unnecessary. I was really used to weekview from my Visor -- kinda sucks that they dropped it. http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/weekview.htm
    I take some of it back, there is a new maintance release that looks better AND it seems to be registered on my device. I don't know if it was because I had Datebook 5 (unregistered) installed, or my user name is Admin or because they are giving it away for free (the last trial version was crippled in that you couldn't 'see' weeks beyond the current month.

Anyhow, go over to the site and download 2.3a of weekview. Solves one of the gripes I had with the 650. Memory I've solved with simple memory management (hey, those of us used to video editing will tell you it's all about media management). The sound quality on the other end, I'm still looking in to as there are real issues to be solved.
    Mausalot- Thanks, solved my gripe! People like you make this website fantastic.
    Mausalot - one more question - I installed 2.3a and it is still black and white and I can't tap on the event to get more detail - small issues. I can live with that (it is free after all) - but colour would be nice if possible. Thanks again.
    Weekview was a separate program and isn't part of the 650, but...

The ability to view a week at a time has always been a part of the calendar and is part of the 650. If you are talking about the view of a view in a text format instead of the graphical week view, then that isn't part of the 650 since it's based on the standard palm calendar but the calendar in the 600 was based on a modified Datebk 3 which did have this "other" week view.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    A few days ago it was brought up (on this thread ) that there are some changes in the Task (to do) list as well, particularly removing the "Show Only Due Items" list. It seems strange that P1 is changing some of their core PIM apps without really mentioning the changes.
    Not sure what this is about. I definitely have a week view in my calendar in the 650! What am I missing from this discussion?
    Here is a screen shot taken by PDAReach.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I should also add that this new week view is amazingly 5-way nav friendly!
    HARJman

I found that if you go into Prefs and monkey with the Color Theme, eventually you'll find something that makes the dates look best. Also, tap on the date itself to knock you into single day view. And I map weekview to the calendar button. Only problem is that pressing on the button again does not cycle you to other views.

Maus