Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    Well I have had my 650 in hand and working since Thursday. Provisioning was a bit slow, like 2 hours, but that did not bother me much. I am amazed at the amount of panic felt when I have no working Treo, but once I realize how stupid I am I get over it. After all, I was sitting at a desk with a full PC and Telephone right there, and all my calls were forwarded anyway. The phone does have a little lag due to the memory issue you all keep posting, and the change of interface is a bit interesting to get used too, but the 650 does everything very well, and is a very good evolution of the 600, it is pretty much something that would have been the Holy Grail just 5 years ago and I feel lucky to have the opportunity and wherewithal to own one.

    That being said I have to join the group of whiners and list my complaints:

    1. It does not make Peanut and Jelly Sandwiches very well.
    2. Why cant they make a phone with an awesome screen and usable keyboard so tiny that no one will think it is too big.
    3. It does not have enough internal ram to run advanced thermodynamic and trajectory physics simulations.
    4. Why can't they send it with a set of water colors so everyone can have what ever color they want?
    5. WIFI? why doesnít palm offer a direct LMDS or OC48 Fiber connection?
    6. A day and a half of battery life at heavy use is just not enough, because i am never around a power outlet to get a charge, why cant they listen to us and make this thing Nuclear or something.
    7. It does not have enough Bling.
    8. Why doesnít it have Satellite radio or Direct TV?
    9. You mean I have to actually pay for this? I canít somehow trick the Manufacture and Carrier into giving me one? I mean come on, donít they know I am an important customer, I spend like 400.00 a year with the Carrier.
    10. Why cant P1 build and Actual Product that is light-years better than all of the Vaporware? I mean, like this device exists and all, but come on, other companies have made passing suggestions that they have a better idea. It is unacceptable for P1 to actually bring to market something that is not better than everything that is yet to be imagined or produced.

    Just my thoughts,

    Brad Schmidt.
  2. #2  
    Uh...
  3. RH1
    RH1 is offline
    RH1's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    #3  
    Hi Brad,

    That's great! When I first saw the list of complaints, I thought, here we go again! Too funny!
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
  4. #4  
    Good job.

    You effectively belittled everyone on this board who has a concern about the Treo 650, and encouraged P1 to be a beacon for mediocrity.

    I bet your very proud...
  5. #5  
    Unfortunately no phone does many (or any?) of the things on your list of complaints. What people complain about on TreoCentral are things that exist on other phones or in some cases previous models of the Treo.
  6. #6  
    Lol
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Good job.

    You effectively belittled everyone on this board who has a concern about the Treo 650, and encouraged P1 to be a beacon for mediocrity.

    I bet your very proud...
    Oh Please. No he didn't. He was injecting some fun. People's respect for each other have really degraded recently. There have been more potshots, insults, and flames here. Professionalism, please.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  8. #8  
    if you want professionalism, I think you are in the wrong spot.

    (although I agree in principle with you)

    no on expects the 650 to do everything.

    just parity in the market would be nice from a functional point of view, esp when you charge a premium.
  9. #9  
    whats funny?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    if you want professionalism, I think you are in the wrong spot.

    (although I agree in principle with you)

    no on expects the 650 to do everything.

    just parity in the market would be nice from a functional point of view, esp when you charge a premium.
    Thanks Mike, I think?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    whats funny?
    good question. According to Webster it could be:

    1. affording light mirth and laughter

    or

    2. differing from the ordinary in a suspicious, perplexing, quaint, or eccentric way

    or even

    3. involving trickery or deception
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  12. #12  
    ELR. I agree, the boards have taken a turn since the 650 was announced and many posters seem on edge and are quick to nit-pick posts.

    Brad, GREAT POST! Although, I think that Palm could have made greater strides in this last year and should price the phone to be more competitive with BB and the SonyE phones. Keeping price structure in line with the bricks from PPC doesn't make sense if they truly want market share back.
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
  13. #13  
    Very amusing post. lol!

    I do hope however that "group of whiners" does not include everyone and anyone who has expressed concern over the 32mb of memory or the fact that the OS appears sluggish, or who have reported possible issues with the mic? While it's true, some people have expressed their compaints in whiney fashion, I do think there are some legitimate concerns and that it's valid to raise them for discussion.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Oh Please. No he didn't. He was injecting some fun. People's respect for each other have really degraded recently. There have been more potshots, insults, and flames here. Professionalism, please.
    You may be right, I cant tell. There is tons of hostility here lately, and zero tone, so...

    If he would have mentioned something about the upcoming PalmOne bluetooth cranial implant, I would have shut up.
  15. #15  
    I agree - nuclear power would be nice. Actually hydrogen might be better. Hopefully they wouldn't explode on some unsuspecting techy while he's carrying it in his pocket. Maybe we could set up a bluetooth bounty, but this time for the implantible earpiece. someone out there must be feeling entreprenuerial.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    You may be right, I cant tell. There is tons of hostility here lately, and zero tone, so...

    If he would have mentioned something about the upcoming PalmOne bluetooth cranial implant, I would have shut up.
    There you go! Now you are in the spirit!!

    Reminds me of the time my father was the editor of a stamp collecting magazine and made an "April Fools" edition. Half the subscribers didn't get it and some actually wrote him that the printing error he pictured ("stamp printed with no color, whatsoever!") was actually the back side of a stamp. I remember him shaking his head....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradschmidt
    Well I have had my 650 in hand and working since Thursday. Provisioning was a bit slow, like 2 hours, but that did not bother me much. I am amazed at the amount of panic felt when I have no working Treo, but once I realize how stupid I am I get over it. After all, I was sitting at a desk with a full PC and Telephone right there, and all my calls were forwarded anyway. The phone does have a little lag due to the memory issue you all keep posting, and the change of interface is a bit interesting to get used too, but the 650 does everything very well, and is a very good evolution of the 600, it is pretty much something that would have been the Holy Grail just 5 years ago and I feel lucky to have the opportunity and wherewithal to own one.

    That being said I have to join the group of whiners and list my complaints:

    1. It does not make Peanut and Jelly Sandwiches very well.
    2. Why cant they make a phone with an awesome screen and usable keyboard so tiny that no one will think it is too big.
    3. It does not have enough internal ram to run advanced thermodynamic and trajectory physics simulations.
    4. Why can't they send it with a set of water colors so everyone can have what ever color they want?
    5. WIFI? why doesnít palm offer a direct LMDS or OC48 Fiber connection?
    6. A day and a half of battery life at heavy use is just not enough, because i am never around a power outlet to get a charge, why cant they listen to us and make this thing Nuclear or something.
    7. It does not have enough Bling.
    8. Why doesnít it have Satellite radio or Direct TV?
    9. You mean I have to actually pay for this? I canít somehow trick the Manufacture and Carrier into giving me one? I mean come on, donít they know I am an important customer, I spend like 400.00 a year with the Carrier.
    10. Why cant P1 build and Actual Product that is light-years better than all of the Vaporware? I mean, like this device exists and all, but come on, other companies have made passing suggestions that they have a better idea. It is unacceptable for P1 to actually bring to market something that is not better than everything that is yet to be imagined or produced.

    Just my thoughts,

    Brad Schmidt.
    You should have bought the ppc6600. It does all of that and more.
    And no memory issue. Muahhahah
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Thanks Mike, I think?
    You think correctly; I am generally in agreement with you, and think you are a pretty stand-up kinda guy on TC.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeshur
    I agree - nuclear power would be nice. Actually hydrogen might be better. Hopefully they wouldn't explode on some unsuspecting techy while he's carrying it in his pocket. Maybe we could set up a bluetooth bounty, but this time for the implantible earpiece. someone out there must be feeling entreprenuerial.
    I wonder if I would be able to get that through security at an airport....
  20. #20  
    Brad,

    If I could add to your list:

    1. Why doesn't this device have a duck call built in? That would be one less thing to carry when hunting, and I heard that the new Blackberry is going to have this standard.

    2. No ATM machine feature? I would like to be able to swipe my debit card and have money spit out the end of the phone. This is a standard feature at most convenience stores, so why can't I have it on my phone?

    3. No car jack? What if I get a flat tire on some dark highway, and my regular car jack is broken? You tell me how I'm supposed to lift 4,000 lbs any other way! And while we're on the subject, how about attaching a 5 gallon gas can to the back of the treo for good measure?

    No need to thank me,

    Cluemeister
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions