Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I had actually considered hydrogen, but the lack of refueling stations outside of the detroit and southern california area made me wish for nuclear, as it has been working well in submarines for several decades that we know of, besides the fact that the radiation from it may kill the supposed brain growths from the CDMA emmissions.

Brad Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Unfortunately no phone does many (or any?) of the things on your list of complaints. What people complain about on TreoCentral are things that exist on other phones or in some cases previous models of the Treo.
    Yes, but life is full of compromises. Everything has a cost. I submit that the 650 is overall a VERY LARGE improvement over the Treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I do hope however that "group of whiners" does not include everyone and anyone who has expressed concern over the 32mb of memory or the fact that the OS appears sluggish, or who have reported possible issues with the mic? While it's true, some people have expressed their compaints in whiney fashion, I do think there are some legitimate concerns and that it's valid to raise them for discussion.
    I think that "group of whiners" does include that. What are legitimate concerns for some may not be for others. In other words, one user may value wifi more than OS appears sluggish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Oh Please. No he didn't. He was injecting some fun. People's respect for each other have really degraded recently. There have been more potshots, insults, and flames here. Professionalism, please.
    Oh Please. Yes he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Yes, but life is full of compromises. Everything has a cost. I submit that the 650 is overall a VERY LARGE improvement over the Treo 600.
    I'm wasn't saying it wasn't. I was just saying that while this is good humorous exaggeration, what most people are "whining" for is technologically possible, sometimes even "easy" (such as writing wifi drivers or increasing the strength of the IR port so that it could be a useful remote control).

It's a step better, but there's still room for constructive critism in spots and in the long run it will help PalmOne create the best device.
    I think that "group of whiners" does include that. What are legitimate concerns for some may not be for others. In other words, one user may value wifi more than OS appears sluggish.
    Okay I don't understand why users discussing issues they have with the 650 automatically makes them whiners. I thought this was a discussion board for discussing aspects of the 650, good or bad. Now if someone brings up an issue in a whiney tone then yes I'll agree they're being whiners, and I have seen some whiney posts, but a lot of people have intelligently raised matters for discussion on this discussion board. Please explain how that is whinnig? (And it doesn't matter whether you think that 32mb is an issue or not. For users who can't load all their contacts/software obviously it is for them and I think they have a right to discuss on Treocentral the problem their having, to look for feedback, to bounce around ideas for how it can be solved both at a user level and through feedback to Palm etc. That's the point of being a member of Treocentral isn't it?)

For the record I don't intend to sound harsh or contribute to the ill will that's been floating around. Honest. If I'm now coming across that way (if my tone has in fact become whiney) I apologize. I just wanted to voice an opinion I have that not all the complaints regarding the 650 are completely invalid and not everyone who has posted issues with 650 has been a whiner.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Wait a minute here.

I have been reading this forum for months. This is the first thread I have seen revealing problems with the 650. Is this guy serius - that the 650 lacks internal Wi-Fi support and only has 32 MB of memory?

I can't beleave this. Did anyone complain to Palm or bother to post about these issues?
    Unfortunately no phone does many (or any?) of the things on your list of complaints. What people complain about on TreoCentral are things that exist on other phones or in some cases previous models of the Treo.
    Whooossshhhhh ......

(Remember, some countries don't understand the concept of sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by slffl
    Oh Please. Yes he did.
    No, he did NOT belittle everyone on the board. That is what I was responding to. He was injecting some fun. He was loosening things up. There is no need for some of the hostility here. We are in this together and this is a support board where we can post our thoughts and concerns. I think its possible to do that without the hostility, don't you?

please see my definition of "funny" a few posts up in this thread.

Reeeelax....we are all on the same side.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Okay I don't understand why users discussing issues they have with the 650 automatically makes them whiners. I thought this was a discussion board for discussing aspects of the 650, good or bad.

They don't. Discussion is good.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Great post....LOL.

You whiners just can't stand someone who actually enjoys his treo.
    no bling? screw that!

I am disappointed about the camera, though.

ps, mine came with a car jack, so I don't know what you're talking about.
    Love the post, Brad!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Great post, fun to read.

And right on with the "get over it" attitude. It's a phone, and a pretty good one at that, from what I am reading. Unfortunately, I think that the TC community is being divided into two camps: those who wish they had 650s, and those who wish they didn't.
    people, people chill out.. its just a phone! whoossah, gasfrooobah..(insert other gimmicky relaxation word here)
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    whats funny?
    LOVING that avatar!
    Well I am waiting for p1 to get the flux capacitor onboard. What good is a treo without being able to time travel?
    I bought mine because it looks so sexy. I whish it could ......oh well, I hope the vibrate mode works well.
    Last edited by mtgdoc; 11/22/2004 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Good job.

You effectively belittled everyone on this board who has a concern about the Treo 650, and encouraged P1 to be a beacon for mediocrity.

I bet your very proud...
    Funny is good. Everyone on the board needs to sit back, take a deep breath, and have a good laugh.

PS- You should use "You're" not "your" in this sentence. Sorry, but this is the 10th post I've seen do this and it's driving me crazy. ;-) Please excuse my grammar nag.
    what no bling!?! even the 600 has bling. the 650 should AT LEAST have bling bling!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast