Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    I ordered on the 8th and mine still says back ordered and I have recieved no email regarding shipping.
    Me too
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    About one hour ago I received an email notification from P1 that my 650 and headset have shipped via FedEx Overnight.

I ordered the phone on Thursday.

Yes thats right, Thursday November 18 about 4pm west coast time.

expalin to me again why running to sprint was the better decision?
    Because I had a whole weekend before you to tinker with this thing. And I can now work productively today because I'm no longer in "WHEEE! NEW TOY!" mode and have switched to "let's use this productively BECAUSE IT'S A NEW TOY!" mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    And they can get away with it because there's no viable alternative to their product... yet.
    Well, there are two things for certain here. First, things can change on the status in a matter of hours and second, there must not be too many PalmOne reps when i called two times in a row and got the same person (Mark). My order as of a few minutes ago was "allocated" for delivery and out of the back order status.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    Running to Sprint was the better decision for those who had to have the phone in their hands BEFORE Thanksgiving, GUARANTEED.
    I agree, shipping on the week of Thanksgiving was a bad move. A LOT of people are traveling this week, and that means a lot of $600 boxes could end up in shipping limbo while people are elsewhere for Thanksgiving.

I didn't want to risk Palm shipping this week of all weeks (which they did) and have my Treo end up either in the Fedex "you weren't around" maze that I have to track down when I return, or worse, on my doorstep for several days where it could disappear or get damaged by the elements.
    I just got an email stating that my order was now being processed. Made the order on 11/8. Looks like they will be shipping it today.
    You would think they would fill the orders in the order they were placed. maybe because I'm not signing up for new service, i'm lower priority.
  7.    #27  
    checked the P1 website today when I strolled into work just now. Status is shipped and credit card charged. Checked credit card and it has been charged. Expect to see the phone by 10am tomorrow. Well before I have to leave to visit my disfunctional in laws.

and the cheap headset is not the issue. Its the cheap headset, no shipping charges and NO TAX that was the issue.
    OK This is weird. My girlfriend and I ordered the 650 phone at or around the same. We both received emails about the shipping:

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order NNNNNN-NNNNNNhave been shipped. For items with a status other than shipped, you will receive an e-mail notification of the shipment when it occurs. Your credit card has now been charged for the item(s) that have shipped, plus any applicable sales tax.

VIEW YOUR SHIPMENT STATUS
    The link below will supply you with the most recent shipment status.
    Please allow up to 1 hour for this information to update on our website from the time you receive this e-mail.

http://web.palmone.com/support/order_status.jhtml

Shipping Address:

blah blah blah

Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Item: 1751468
    Description: PALM BluetoothWireless Headset
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

Item: 1767721
    Description: PALM Treo 650 USB Sprint
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 599.00

The strange thing is when I check my order status, it says SHIPPED. When my girlfriend checked hers it says ORDER RECEIVED. They did mention that the website is a little delayed (1 hour), but I'm thinking more like 8-10 hours delayed. I received the "shipped email" last night, and she received it this morning. Does that mean I will get it today, and she will get it tomorrow??? We shall see.

Good luck on everyone getting it before Thanksgiving! I'd really like to get it over the holidays, so I'll have time to play with it before going back to work.
    jackofspades,
    when did you guys order yours?
    Anyone get an actual tracking number from PalmOne yet?
    Yes, but none of them are showing up in the Fedex system until later today (we hope).
    Did you get your tracking number from a PalmOne e-mail, website, or call into them?
    Call. Website doesn't have it listed at all.
    we ordered Saturday morning, the 20th! From what I've been hearing the people who have pre-ordered have still not gotten an email yet. The people who ordered late (including me) are starting to get them shipped out. I wonder what kind of queueing mechanism are they using??

In any case, I'm hoping to get my today or tomorrow. I think we all need to write to Palm about their website. That status page is delayed at least 24 hours, if in fact they actually shipped it. I'm starting to doubt that they are even shipping it. Did anyone get their 650 from P1 yet???
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades
    we ordered Saturday morning, the 20th! From what I've been hearing the people who have pre-ordered have still not gotten an email yet. The people who ordered late (including me) are starting to get them shipped out. I wonder what kind of queueing mechanism are they using??

In any case, I'm hoping to get my today or tomorrow. I think we all need to write to Palm about their website. That status page is delayed at least 24 hours, if in fact they actually shipped it. I'm starting to doubt that they are even shipping it. Did anyone get their 650 from P1 yet???
    The 20th I ordered mine on the 8th 1pm pst. It's still backordered and no email as of yet. The level of incompetency amazes me. I called P1 and noticed that their automated call service has been changed; press 3 if already ordered, press 1 if already received your treo. So they're telling us that if you had ordered and want to inquire about your order status, then we don't want to hear from you... got through anyway and I was told that my order will ship out at the latest on Friday so I should expect it no later than Tue of next week. So when's 6600 coming out again?
    HOLY COW!! I received both phones just now. The FedEx guy rang the bell and ran off. My girlfriend will be happy with the news.

PalmOne is really screwy. I didn't expect these for another 2 weeks. You guys who haven't gotten yours yet and preordered should call and complain and try and get a discount or something. That is ridiculous.

2 Treo 650s in hand. 2 business days after ordering. Can't beat that. Sorry if I'm rubbing it in. I'm just too happy
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    FEDEX Just dropped mine off!! YEA, just called sprint to Activate. So far I like it. Great screen and I do like the larger buttons. Now its time to sync it and see what happens.
    I hate you guys
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I got dupped this morning. Fedex shows up with a package and I figured wow this is it. Come to find out its only the Jabra headset..NO Treo 650.

Then a hour later FEDEX comes back with another box.. Could it be...YES TREO650!!
    Palm is going by FILO method of shipping the 650.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast