Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I can't make up my mind what to use for sure but I'm leaning towards a holster-type design. That's what I had on my VGA1000 and Blackberry 7230. Can someone recommend a holster or similar type of design for me? Thanks!
    I like my pocket, I never have to worry about knocking my phone off my side, and I don't have to answer the question "What is that large thing hanging on your hip?" Besides, they come free with every pair of pants.

Sorry, I just had to say it, but I do like to keep it simple.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Point taken. I don't even carry a wallet because I don't like things in my pockets though so the 650 isn't going to cut it for sure then. It is actually better than I thought it was going to be trying to imagine it beforehand, but still something I'd rather clip somewhere.
    i started with a nylon 'generic' holster because i just wanted it to be protected. cost $4.99. eventually i will probably get a black leather case once a few become available.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Proclip & seidio both have similar holsters that work well on the 600. I heard that they also fit the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    Proclip & seidio both have similar holsters that work well on the 600. I heard that they also fit the 650.
    Both Seidio and Proclip holsters are basically the same design. But Seidio one comes with 7 way locking swivel clip and Proclip, you have to choose either vertical or horizontal one.

I have been using th new locking swivel clip from Seidio for almost two weeks. It is very sturdy and holds Treo 600 in well while still being easy to access. Seidio has made some nice imporvement as well. The plastic is more pliable and coated the inside with a thin fuzzy material to avoid scratch to the face of Treo. The clip is super strong. The link

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...tCode=HLTR600B

I do not think Treo 600 holster from Seidio and Proclip fit perfectly for Treo 650 (It can be used). I emailed Seidio last week. They said they are working on one specific for Treo 650.

By the way, the pirce is also different

Proclip : $ 24.95 and Seidio : $ 19.95
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm leaning towards the Seidio now. Thanks. I wish it covered a bit more but it looks to get the job done. The specific part for the 650 instead of the 600 would be an added piece of mind though for the minor physical difference.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...tCode=HLTR650B
    I recently purchased this Treo Leather Latch Case / Holster. Right now I am using it on my Treo 600 untill my Treo 650 arrives. It holds the Treo very securely and seems to have a pretty tough swivel belt clip. Plus, its leather wraped on the outside with a suede like lining on the inside. While it retails for $39.99 on P1 website, if you do a search for it on eBay, Dans Cellular sells the same OEM case for $15. I have been using it for a week now and love it.

CGordonn
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm deathly afraid of scratching my phones which is why I could never have one that shows faces the screen out like that. The quality looks good though.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Got this email from Seidio about the release of the holster made specifically for the 650:

It will be in Middle to late December.

Seidio
    As a temp solution, I picked up a BodyGlove neoprene cellphone case that's made by Fellowes. It was fairly cheap and it seems to work ok. It's definitely more of a cellphone case than a PDA case, since it's missing things like a business card slot and SD card slots. I figure it'll last me a few months til more cases specifically for the T650 become available.
    vaja
    A bit high priced but well worth it
    Can the PalmOne Leather Latch Case be used with the Treo facing inward?
    the treo looks so good w/out a case. i signed up for the sprint insurance policy where i pay $5/mo which even covers theft. i'm starting to think the naked look w/the insurance policy is the best bet.

i ordered the oem sprint case on ebay since it was so cheap. i'm thinking about the vaja. i did decide to pass on the beltclip option for the vaja as i remember banging up my old nextel phone when i had it on my belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    I just tried my Seidio holster for the 600 on my 650. The 650 lacks the little indentations on the side that the holster grabs. It goes in fine but comes out the way it went in much more easily than the 600 does. I don't think I'd trust it.
    John Seay
    I have the ProClip. It does not fit the 650 as is. You must make some mods to the left side to accomodate the bottom side button and also to the top so as not to interfere with the speaker on/off. Also need to notch out the where the phone on and off buttons are so that you can push them inside the holster. I have switched from the Proclip inward facing holster to the One made by PalmOne. It was to much of a hassle to take out everytime to get to the phone functions. I took off the back plastic piece and attached the Rivets system. It works great now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Montoya,

I also go with the $5.00 insurance, which is ridiculously expensive when you compare to the cost of any other insurance you may have but if I smash my T650 one day I'd kick myself for not paying the $5.00 that month.

BUT, be aware that they use refurbs as replacements, NOT new models. So, you might think twice before considering it a good way to trade in on a screen scratch.

That side case looks pretty good on me :-)

ChickenHawk