Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Agreed, Kurt. And what is wrong with expecting PalmOne to repair their colossal mistake?
    Disagreeing that it is "colossal" (exploding powerbooks was colossal), there is nothing wrong with it. And here's hoping they do. But in case they don't, good thing there is a giant geektown out there willing to put in the legwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Haven't the 600 owners been looking for ways around screwups for a year now (camera tweaks, voice recording, blue tooth, etc). What's wrong with trying to fix stuff? Why be content with mistakes?
    That's pretty soft Kram.. If we all keep working around the screwups and fixing stuff on our own, what's Palm's motivation to put out a fully working mistake free product?
    Haven't the 600 owners been looking for ways around screwups for a year now (camera tweaks, voice recording, blue tooth, etc). What's wrong with trying to fix stuff? Why be content with mistakes?
    I'd have to say this is different because of the magnitude of the problem. Lack of memory affects EVERYTHING about this device, while the things you mention above are just nice additional features. So, I think we have every right to demand a fix from PalmOne.
    Disagreeing that it is "colossal" (exploding powerbooks was colossal), there is nothing wrong with it. And here's hoping they do. But in case they don't, good thing there is a giant geektown out there willing to put in the legwork.
    It's not "colossal" but it is quite significant.

Anything that pisses off your most vocal, hardcore userbase is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    That's pretty soft Kram.. If we all keep working around the screwups and fixing stuff on our own, what's Palm's motivation to put out a fully working mistake free product?
    There's plenty of motivation. Over one million Treo 600's have been sold and a large number of 650's will also probably be sold. Most of those people are just regular users who aren't tech geeks. They aren't going to be on this forum and they aren't going to know about the hacks. P1 probably doesn't care much about us. We are a minority. But the 650's problems also affect the average users and P1 - and Sprint - do care about those. A few hundred returns from the early adopters don't mean much. But thousands of returns from average non-technical users due to obvious problems is significant.

P1 will do something. The question is, will it be enough to satisfy everyone here or will it just be enough to keep the average, mainstream Treo 650 users happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Agreed, Kurt. And what is wrong with expecting PalmOne to repair their colossal mistake?
    Just for the record guys, in case you misread my post. I agree that they should repair it. I agree that there is nothing wrong with expecting them to.

All I was saying is that there is nothing wrong with people attempting to work around it as best they can while waiting for that fix.

Ok.. I am done pontificating on this thread. Everyone has their opinion and I respect that. If you disagree with me, I won't have a hissy fit....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Because 95% of their user base will not work to fix stuff. That's why. :-)
    Because 95% of their user base will not work to fix stuff. That's why. :-)
    Good point, but they wont speak up here to complain either
    Good point, but they wont speak up here to complain either
    But they also won't buy another.
  10.    #130  
    But they also won't buy another.

I beg to differ, Kurt. The majority of posters have been quite positive, and are anxious to get past the memory issue in any possible way. I guess there was such a pent up demand among this bunch that anything that lit up when you turned it on would have been embraced. What I don't understand is the anger generated by the thought that PalmOne should be expected to fix the memory problem. It is as if one was trying to take something away from everyone, instead of trying to enhance what they have. This subset of users will indeed go on to buy the Treo700, the Treo800, the Treo900, the iPodTreo1000....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567