Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Well said!!!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Have had no problems with choppines or voice quality.

but speakerphone volume is too LOW! anyone else find that when calls are on speakerphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    I have emailed Peter Silkman about this issue and gave him a link to the thread. Didnt do this until late in the day so I was not expecting a response yet. Whether you like the memory response or not, at least Peter did respond to the earlier emails and, not long after, there was an offical response so we will see.
    MidmoFan - Have you received any response yet from Mr. Silkman?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I've made and received a number of calls and am happy to say that the sound quality on the Treo side is crystal clear and everyone I've asked has said that I'm coming through loud and clear their side, both to other cell phones and to land lines.

Could it be a transmitter issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwTreo
    Have had no problems with choppines or voice quality.

but speakerphone volume is too LOW! anyone else find that when calls are on speakerphone?

Very true....and when he volume is turned up all the way, the person on the other end sounds like ***. The speaker is CRAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    MidmoFan - Have you received any response yet from Mr. Silkman?

Not yet. Perhaps they are in meeting about all of this as we speak and will have the solution for us soon. As Martin Luther said: "Put the best construction on everything."

Oh yes, P1's Stock is down almost another 5% today!
    [QUOTE=midmofan]Not yet. Perhaps they are in meeting about all of this as we speak and will have the solution for us soon. As Martin Luther said: "Put the best construction on everything."QUOTE]

They will not fix it! This is the reason why you get a headset for "free" with the purchase of the 650 from P1...

Anybody has any info if this is the same for the GSM version??? If so, I am out.
    Update on phone. I swapped mine out today at my local Sprint store. No questions asked. It appears that the voice quality on the recieving end is better! at least in the 3 calls I have made. It is definately an improvement over the first 650. I hope it was just a oversensitive,malfunctioning microphone at fault and not indicative of all 650's.
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    They will not fix it! This is the reason why you get a headset for "free" with the purchase of the 650 from P1...
    Damn... I never thought of that. Makes you wonder huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Oh yes, P1's Stock is down almost another 5% today!
    Which has nothing to do with this conversation and everything to do with:

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuot...0115322_newsml
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    Which has nothing to do with this conversation and everything to do with:

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuot...0115322_newsml

Actually, this could have everything to do with the conversation. PDA sales are down overall and the market is flat. P1 needs a big boost from the 650. If problems keep showing up, it will have an impact and wtih Treo sales at about half of P1s revenue, then it would not take a huge precentage hit on 650 sales to make a big difference to P1
    Talked to my friend again and she had more noise going on in the background and she said that I was cutting in and out again.

I vote for the over aggressive noise filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bael
    Talked to my friend again and she had more noise going on in the background and she said that I was cutting in and out again.

I vote for the over aggressive noise filter.
    Interesting. I haven't had anyone complain about any choppiness, but I've gotten numerous complaints about people being able to hear too much background noise. They can hear any background music, voices, etc. Almost like the noise cancellation isn't doing its job.

I wonder if the noise cancellation is just really flaky. Sometimes working correctly, sometimes too strong and then other times too weak.
    Hello,

I just did some tests comparing the sound quality of the Sanyo SCP-4900 (my wife's Sprint phone) with the Treo 650 here in the Northwest Houston area. I called our home phone with the Sanyo first then the Treo 650. My wife said that both phones are equally clear, though the Treo was a bit louder-sounding. I spoke at both soft and loud levels. I changed the speaker volume on the Treo from lowest to highest. My wife said that there was no discernible difference--sound quality was still as clear as the Sanyo. One caveat: there was very little background noise when I did this experiment (since I was calling her from the garage).

So far no one has complained about sound quality when I have called them on my Treo 650 (but I have only made a few calls).

If I experience the sound quality problems that some of y'all are, then I will exchange my phone for another 650, and if the problems persist then I will, regrettably, ask for a refund. But so far, so good. I like the phone.
    well, I guess there is hope that I received two bad treo's right in row...maybe the first batch of phones were no good
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    well, I guess there is hope that I received two bad treo's right in row...maybe the first batch of phones were no good

Moose- I think there is hope for your phone. I have tested mine now pretty much all day and I truly believe that it was a hardware issue with the microphone. My replacement phone is working perfectly.
    thanks!!!!

I will buy another one today and give it a go.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I am continually told by people I'm calling that they miss parts of words and full-words when I'm talking. This occurs when we have a strong signal and I am not having any problem hearing them. How do we determine if: A) It is a systemic problem with all 650s, or B) a sporadic problem with only some of the 650s... and either way, if there is a workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by delevin1
    I am continually told by people I'm calling that they miss parts of words and full-words when I'm talking. This occurs when we have a strong signal and I am not having any problem hearing them. How do we determine if: A) It is a systemic problem with all 650s, or B) a sporadic problem with only some of the 650s... and either way, if there is a workaround.

Delevin- In my situation I have determined that it is probably a quality control issue. I am on my 2nd 650 and it seems to be working perfectly. My first one had the exact same issues as your is having now. --Go to your Sprint Store and get another one.
    I have had the same problems with my 650 purchased from the PalmOne store. It occurs no matter who I talk to, and signal strength plays no role. When I connect the freebie headset, it is crystal clear. To recap, I had the same problem with clipping on the 'far end' of the line, although I could hear the person crystal clear, they could not hear me.

I called the PalmOne Store at 1-800-881-7256, press 3 at the menu, and told them about my problem. They seemed to know about the problem although they didn't say so directly. They seemed to not be suprised by anything I was telling them. I told them that I had tried a hard reset, and that it works when using the headset, so I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem, and they agreed.

The lady set up something so that I will be sent a new T650 along with directions for returning the old one after it comes. I am supposed to receive an email with '24-48 hours' of when I called. I have not received this email yet.

I will continue to update this thread when I know something new. I am really hoping that my new T650 will not exhibit the problem. I have a friend with a 650 and we stood side by side calling each other. Mine had the problem, his didn't. It made my phone completely unusable, and things such as lowering the speaker volume made a slight but unsatisfactory improvement in the problem.

Also, I tried calling my other cell, my landline, and also tried originating calls from these devices to my 650, and the problem was still there.