Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydann
    I was using my head jack in the car vs BT since wired head set gets great volume. I disconnected when into meetings and this is when problems started. Used this head set for over a year along with BT without a problem. Strange all is well when BT or headset is connected.
    This is exactly the symptoms of the Headset Jack failure! What happens is the electrical contacts for the headset jack becom separated from the circuit board inside of the Treo. When this happens the Treo thinks there is a device plugged into the Headset Jack. Thus, the Treo will stop all sounds going to the Handset and Speaker Phone. It will also stop using the Internal MIC. So basically your Treo is dead as a phone unless you use a BT headset or sometimes, a wired headset will still work. There are many variations to the failure. All depends on how many electrical connections are broken! This happens because the Headset Jack has little to no internal support. A drop or a slight pressure against a headset plug while it is plugged into the Treo will cause the break to happen.

Hope this helps in some way......

Jeff
    Can someone please send me the sound quality patch to siliconmaster@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by siliconmaster
    Can someone please send me the sound quality patch to siliconmaster@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Here is a link: http://shop.gotreosoftware.com/product.asp?id=808

Jeff
    I think most (if not all) of the issues discussed in this thread were fixed ages ago in the ROM updates, e.g.:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html

Other provider updates:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/

I point this out because we ALWAYS encourage newbies to search first before asking.... but said newbie might think the 'informal' patch was the last word, if they found this thread. Yes, I know it's obvious, but...

Maybe someone who knows can update (or maybe TERMINATE) this thread with a conclusive statement about which sound quality problems were resolved by the updates.

Or maybe it's a done deal. Is this problem well and truly dead?
    Yes, the latest ROM update seemed to have solved the issue. I do not get any complaints anymore.
    ReindeR
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCrumley
    I think most (if not all) of the issues discussed in this thread were fixed ages ago in the ROM updates, e.g.:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html

Other provider updates:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/

I point this out because we ALWAYS encourage newbies to search first before asking.... but said newbie might think the 'informal' patch was the last word, if they found this thread. Yes, I know it's obvious, but...

Maybe someone who knows can update (or maybe TERMINATE) this thread with a conclusive statement about which sound quality problems were resolved by the updates.

Or maybe it's a done deal. Is this problem well and truly dead?
    I actually still experience this problem with my Verizon 650. I have the latest software update (1.04) yet I still get complaints from people I talk to about the echo on their end. I've still yet to find a solution to this...
    Quote Originally Posted by akudaikon
    I actually still experience this problem with my Verizon 650. I have the latest software update (1.04) yet I still get complaints from people I talk to about the echo on their end. I've still yet to find a solution to this...
    This typically happens when the combination of the MIC volume and the speaker volume is too high. VolumeCare addresses this issue by allowing you to adjust both the speaker volume and the MIC volume individually during a call.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This typically happens when the combination of the MIC volume and the speaker volume is too high. VolumeCare addresses this issue by allowing you to adjust both the speaker volume and the MIC volume individually during a call.

Jeff
    Regardless of the volume levels, I still experience the problem. I have also tried messing around with VolumeCare, but it didn't help at all.
    HHEELLPP my service provider has turned off the bluetooth personal networking so i can not use reverse dun any one got that boot loader or a hack ? palm wont help this is realy pissing me off never again will i buy a palm..
    Quote Originally Posted by taziam View Post
    HHEELLPP my service provider has turned off the bluetooth personal networking so i can not use reverse dun any one got that boot loader or a hack ? palm wont help this is realy pissing me off never again will i buy a palm..
    I can think of a lot of reasons to blame palm for problems with a treo, but your own provider disabling your personal networking is not one of them.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. Is there a software patch to solve this for my PAlm Treo 600 ?

Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags View Post
    I am having the same problem. The first call I made on it, my best friend, audio fanatic, and sound board operator, said my voice sounded more digitized. I just now got off the phone with another friend that said it sounded like bad digital reception, but we both had good signal, and his voice sounded perfect to me. But insted of missing complete words, he said it was like almost every word was getting clipped. This needs to be fixed. Is their a number for Palm1 we can call?............ I called the number on their site, and it sent me to Sprint.
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031