Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacopis
    Apparently Faisal still had the problem and discussed it with a quite concearned Palmone engineer on february 27th (#571).
    He didn't speak with her then....

Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    The engineer at PalmONe is very aware of these issues especially the background noise stuff. ALso the duplex simplex whatever. THis was discussed with her and i in detail.

THEY ARE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE. I cant tell you why they dont issue a fix. Maybe they are pissed off at us and want us to suffer. I dont know but it sure makes you want to buy a Samsung product.
    He is re-reporting what the issues he discussed originally. You see in his post he makes no mention of new contact. After the patch was leaked palmone didn't work with him anymore. This information is available in this lenglthy thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanzsyclone
    Ok, I have read this thread until my eyes can barely stay open... but nobody is saying what I have found, or actually I'm not finding anybody that has said what I have found, maybe I'm just too tired and skipt over it. I too have the same issue with sound, I have to repeat my self constantly.

What I have found is that the phone seems to be running in Simplex mode (one person talks at a time, just like a walkie talkie but instead of you having to push a button "ptt" the phone has a voice activated button) so this means as long as it hears the other party talking on the phone it keeps your mic off untile they stop talking, but the problem is, if the person your talking too has background noise (even slight background noise) the phone keeps thinking that THEY are STILL talking, keeping you mic in the off position. This causes YOUR voice to cut in and out. Normally a phone works in full duplex, in otherwords you can both talk at the same time and hear every word each of you said.

Now how do I know this is the problem? simple, EVERYTIME someone has the radio on in the background or people talking in the background or wind noise, or even loud interior car noise, the person on the noisy side say's that I am cuting in and out. I hear this constantly over and over and over when I'm on my treo 650, and EVERY SINGE TIME I get them to kill the background noise, they hear me PERFECTLY fine! Unless we both speak at the same time. Now I simply wait my turn. Now yes this sucks tremendously and should not be occuring, especially in such an expensive phone. Note I usually have these problems with people that also seem to be on a cell phone of another carrier seems to make it worse, but when it is a call to someone on a landline I seem to rarely have a problem. But this could be because the landlines are generally at thier homes where it is usually quiter than out and about town.

Sorry for such a long post but I hope this helps, and I hope I'm not a dork in telling someting that everyone allready knows???????????

I will be adding the patch in the next couple days also, even though it only improves but does not fix the issue, just to tired now to mess with it anylonger.
    Dean
    You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT about simplex and duplex modes. My mother is quite the talker and if she is talking and I need to get off the phone, I can say "MOM" one hundred times and she will NOT hear me until she gets quiet. There has GOT to be some kind of patch that can be applied to make the speakerphone part of the phone DUPLEX, unless they gave us the chip that is ONLY simplex, like as in a Walkie Talkie... IF THAT indeed is the case, we are in trouble.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

He is re-reporting what the issues he discussed originally. You see in his post he makes no mention of new contact. After the patch was leaked palmone didn't work with him anymore. This information is available in this lenglthy thread.
    There is not much awareness of a real patch on this thread.

It would be very helpful if you could remind me and probably many orthers of where on this thread it can be found, or wherever else it can be acquired.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The Shadowmite patch is intended for cdma(sprint) devices.

Has anyone heard about patches intended for unlocked GSM devices?
    The Shadowmite patch is intended for cdma(sprint) devices.

Has anyone heard about patches intended for unlocked GSM devices?
    there are none
    micheal can you send me the patch

you can send it to bjakubiak@comcast.net
    Maybe I should call and try and get a nee one. I have had my GSM since it was released and the voice quality on thw other end stinks. even after all the updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Maybe I should call and try and get a nee one. I have had my GSM since it was released and the voice quality on thw other end stinks. even after all the updates.
    Gee, that's funny. The sound quality issue was addresses a few updates ago.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I must say that the problem persists on both my GSM unbundled devices, even after installation of the ROW 1.13 update.
    I did not read this entire thread but have you tried VolumeCare? VC gives you the ability to adjust the MIC volume and Boost. I can tell you that turning up the MIC volume and turning on the MIC boost has made a *huge* difference in my call quality. My callers tell me I sound like I am on a land line now.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I did not read this entire thread but have you tried VolumeCare? VC gives you the ability to adjust the MIC volume and Boost. I can tell you that turning up the MIC volume and turning on the MIC boost has made a *huge* difference in my call quality. My callers tell me I sound like I am on a land line now.

Jeff
    I use VC and WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT IT.
    Thanks.
    Mike
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Jeff
    Thank you for your suggestion, Jeff. I have now installed VC and surely if I set "Start Volume" to max, my voice is more intense on the other end. Could you tell me what "Boost level" is? I cannot find the word in the Treo User's Manual.

I have not yet made out whether the Full duplex / half duplex question is settled.

Giacomo
    Thank you for your suggestion, Jeff. I have now installed VC and surely if I set "Start Volume" to max, my voice is more intense on the other end. Could you tell me what "Boost level" is? I cannot find the word in the Treo User's Manual.
    You will not find any information in the Treo users manual. But you will find this information documented in the Online Tutorial and the online help contained in VolumeCare.

But basically, if you set the MIC Start Volume to MAX and the Boost to MAX, your voice will be louder and clearer to your caller. If you talk very loud however, you can possibly over-drive the MIC and your voice will start "clipping" so you may need to lower the volume a little. Practive by leaving yourself some voice mails.

I have not yet made out whether the Full duplex / half duplex question is settled.

Giacomo
    Don't know what you are talking about here, but I have also not read the entire thread. VC will do nothing about switching the phone's duplexing modes.

Jeff
    VC is the answer. I was quite vocal in the past about the lousy sound quality, but after buying Volume Care, my phone sounds like a landline. No kidding. Thanks Jeff.

HELP I am on a business trip and my treo 650 has stopped allowing me to hear the other person when I hit the answer button. I can only hear the person if I hook up the BT device or my other headset. So frustrating since it has worked flawlessly for me. Worst thing is the same thing happened to me on 600 and I used the speaker phone for about a year until I upgraded. I don't get a choice when I hit answer just COMPLETE SILENCE on the other end. What is weird is I get a ring tone from an incoming call but when I go to talk they can hear me but I cannot hear them without adding the headset. I am been on the latest software update for about two months.

The sprint store was jammed so I left. I have not called P1 tech support or Sprint yet since so busy at Trade show. Just so frustrating and I was telling how good the 650 was until this event. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
    Ok lets see - try a pin-reset if you haven't already... if that doesn't work, try a hard reset (pin reset while holding the power buttin until the SECOND PalmOne screen appears)

other than that - call tech support!
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    where is the pin reset--I don't have my book. behind battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydann
    HELP I am on a business trip and my treo 650 has stopped allowing me to hear the other person when I hit the answer button. I can only hear the person if I hook up the BT device or my other headset. So frustrating since it has worked flawlessly for me. Worst thing is the same thing happened to me on 600 and I used the speaker phone for about a year until I upgraded. I don't get a choice when I hit answer just COMPLETE SILENCE on the other end. What is weird is I get a ring tone from an incoming call but when I go to talk they can hear me but I cannot hear them without adding the headset. I am been on the latest software update for about two months.

The sprint store was jammed so I left. I have not called P1 tech support or Sprint yet since so busy at Trade show. Just so frustrating and I was telling how good the 650 was until this event. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
    I have heard this problem all too often! I will bet that you are suffering from the "Headset Jack" Hardware failure. This is becoming a very common problem. There are more than one thread here at TC talking about this problem.

The net-net is if you have this problem, you will need a replacement phone.

Jeff
    I was using my head jack in the car vs BT since wired head set gets great volume. I disconnected when into meetings and this is when problems started. Used this head set for over a year along with BT without a problem. Strange all is well when BT or headset is connected.