Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
    Guys,

I was more excited then most when the treo came out. I have returned two phones now.

I returned the second one tonight for good. I just can't cancel my account I have called 21 times in two days. 4 times in 45 minutes from the sprint store. they finally closed and still not canceled. Just a reminder all California residents have 30 days to cancel not 14.

I switched from verizon to sprint just for the treo 650 I loved the treo hated it's phone. I had to carry my verizon phone with me just to talk to clients.

I have only been a verizon customer and now i tried sprint.
    If sprint would give me free treo and service for writing a testimonial for them i would tell them to "go to hell" They are the worst.

Plan details for you that plan on staying with

Free pcs to pcs
    free vision pro for two years
    18 percent emloyee discount century 21
    and airline miles.

I loved my treo 650 with bluetooth but could not stand the call quality and no cust. support form sprint. everyone over there will smile at you and pretend to try to help but no progress is ever made. Just one big circle cust. service says go to store use red phone to call. go to store they say you must call.

Good luck for me a treo 600 with verizon will have to do. at least it is reliable and I can talk to my clients to pay my large phone bill.
    My call quality is better with the patch but still sucks. Background noise (crowded room, car heater fan noise, etc.) makes people say "where ARE you?"
    My phone was pretty bad when I first got it. It sounded like parts of my conversation would cut out. People could hear me fine when it would pick up my voice, but many times it would cut out entire words or parts of words. ( Note my phone is brand new... 3 days at most). I patched my phone with shadowmites ROM and now it sounds fine. I dont regularly use my phone in an airport or similar loud situation, but it works fine in the car.
    I can be found at bobg@w2cyk.net

good directions too if you have it...

Thanks...

Bob
    Is there a patch to allow a forced roam? My house has a sh*tty signal...good coverage elsewhere here on LI....

When in Roam, I can dial out and recive just fine, but it only goes into roam in my basement ;-)

Bob
    the one person that mostly complained prior to the patch hasn't complained...now I have 3 or 4 other people that are complaining that didn't complain before. I think p1 still needs to work on this issue. Might have to go back to the 600 until the phone works as a phone. Phone is utmost priority - everything else is 2nd
    I would appreciate Da Patch wit Da Insructions.
    Srulie@aol.com
    You can find Shadowmites Patch (a non-PalmOne patch) @ http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

Many here are running it and it appears to have resolved the issue for many here.

But we're still waiting PalmOne. I would like it if they would at least acknolog it on their website support area.
    I have a minor sound issue that I would like to see if anyone else has this particular issue. There is a number of factors I want to narrow down before I make the conclusion that it is a hardware problem.

This is alittle different than the sound issue everyone is talking but it is similar in that I only hear it when I am listening to the caller and not vice versa. The culprit is a crackling sound similar to feedback but shorter and it comes on randomly. It becomes less audible when I turn down the headset volume. It doesn't happen when on speakerphone. My theory is the headset speaker but would like to see if it is a common issue. My 600 did not exhibit any of these symptoms.

I just Verizonized the phone but I don't think that is the issue (other Verizonized users can prove that for me). I also used Shadowmite's custom ROM to see if that would help and it did slightly.
    My old 650 had that exact speaker crackling problem. Trading for a new phone fixed it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    I have a minor sound issue that I would like to see if anyone else has this particular issue. There is a number of factors I want to narrow down before I make the conclusion that it is a hardware problem.

This is alittle different than the sound issue everyone is talking but it is similar in that I only hear it when I am listening to the caller and not vice versa. The culprit is a crackling sound similar to feedback but shorter and it comes on randomly. It becomes less audible when I turn down the headset volume. It doesn't happen when on speakerphone. My theory is the headset speaker but would like to see if it is a common issue. My 600 did not exhibit any of these symptoms.

I just Verizonized the phone but I don't think that is the issue (other Verizonized users can prove that for me). I also used Shadowmite's custom ROM to see if that would help and it did slightly.
    My first phone had no problems. Im sooo pissed the only problem was the SD card was waking up my phone.

Now the sound sucks. cracking in the speaker. Cam sucks. I took it to the store they tech said i have a memory failer. WTF oh and he said he cant exchange it because palm should be coming out (who knows when) a patch to fix this. Im like WTF i failed the test give me a new phone. He said no. Im about to return it because its less than 14 days old.
    Yea I've had a couple of people tell me I sounded "choppy". I usually do one of two things, either turn down the volume or I go to speaker phone. Both of these seem to correct the issue.
    "You don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind blows" - B. Dylan
    This is getting really frustrating for me. I'm not that computer savy. I bought an SD card and a card reader to install Shadowmites sound patch. In the directions it says to install files into the root directory of the card. I have a mac G4 and don't know how to do that. when I tried to install the files onto the card during a hot sync, only the RomUpdaterApp.prc would install on the card, none of the other files would. When i drag the two folders to the card, they don't show up on the card when I put it in the treo 650. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpeace
    You can find Shadowmites Patch (a non-PalmOne patch) @ http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

Many here are running it and it appears to have resolved the issue for many here.

But we're still waiting PalmOne. I would like it if they would at least acknolog it on their website support area.

I asked my contact at PalmOne to give me an update on when they will release the sound fix...

I cannot tell you. Dont contact me again

Thats the update.. I really pissed them off for releasing the patch. I am sorry for that but, as time goes by and they still are mute on this issue the more i am happy i did.

How dare they charge us 600 bucks for a device and for the most basic of functions VOICE they cannot fix it less fess up they have an issue.

The sound patch does work and make the phone sound better but, their is still an confirmed issue with background noise.

WE WILL ALL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.. UNTIL THEN GO TO WWW.SHADOWMITE.COM OR RETURN YOUR PHONE
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    The sound patch does work and make the phone sound better but, their is still an confirmed issue with background noise.
    Another confirmed post-patch background noise subject here.
    I'm about to get a 2nd Sprint phone/account so I can talk to people, just use 650 for web/email...i hate this situation. it may have been answered, but does using the wired headset bypass the cutting out problem? does a bluetooth not have cutting out as an issue? is casually using the speakerphone an answer? when I brought up this issue at the sprint store. he blamed it on angry internet users. that his boss, friends, love the 650...it sounds like I can't even say the phone is defective (i bought it early december)...this is getting me more depressed the more I type...oh well...
    At my local Sprint store one of the managers has a 650, and he has a lot of trouble with it cutting out on the other end when in anything but a perfectly quiet inviroment. I haven't talked to him since he started to have the problem, so I don't know what he is doing, but last time I was in there, one of the sales people called him and he said it sounded like crap!

As far as the headsets helping, for me the jurry is still out. I think it is a little better with my HBH-660. I can't test anymore, my friends are all tested out, and almost pissed off.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom

I have the same problem, my phone is still under Sprint. I bought my phone thru sprint telesales. How would I go about exchanging my phone? Do I have to send it back to palmone and how long does it take? I have no phone (no lan based phone, my cell is everything I need). I would like to get a new one because my phone is in mint condition, the screen was protected (no scratches on it whatsoever). I am most likely to get a refurbished unit, what condition are the refurbished units in? I have a custome rom on, should I flash the original on back on? Thanks for you help.
    I could use this patch too: NextLevelMentor@aol.com

Erskien
    I am planning to hold off until next week to decide if I can live with it but yes, you will need to flash the original ROM back on before sending it back.

Since some of you said it is a hardware issue with the crackling, popping, static, could there be a slim chance that it might be related to the sound issue reported here? Has anyone had the static issue resolved with sound patch? I am trying to have hope that the palmone firmware update will correct this problem as well.

I am trying to get them to send me the phone first before I can send the current one back.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    I have the same problem, my phone is still under Sprint. I bought my phone thru sprint telesales. How would I go about exchanging my phone? Do I have to send it back to palmone and how long does it take? I have no phone (no lan based phone, my cell is everything I need). I would like to get a new one because my phone is in mint condition, the screen was protected (no scratches on it whatsoever). I am most likely to get a refurbished unit, what condition are the refurbished units in? I have a custome rom on, should I flash the original on back on? Thanks for you help.