Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    ...I have never in my life heard of such chain of events that took place to get this patch. With all the know-how and highly paid people of Palm, it took a little man on the outside looking in, to be the ultimate (beta) tester.
    ...Personally, I dont know where Faisal obtained the patch. My mind tells me that he is not the unskilled individual he would have many of you believing. My gut instinct tell me that he made this patch himself; and everyone so eager for a "fix" fell for it.

...Neither Palm, Sprint, nor Santa Clause pulled the patch. This got bigger than Faisal expected and he needed to "save face" the best way he could.

There were so many signs/post(s) pointing to this not being right; but again, that "fix" was calling you. Someone said (in a post which I dont recall the #) that this was too good to be true....that was another sign right there.
    The FINAL sign was cturek messing around long enough for his 650 to end up at the Treo hospital. Now, I know some of you will say that he did that to himself; true, but maybe, just maybe he wouldnt have gotten his boxers in a bunch if he didnt have the patch to begin with.

The final clue (for me) was post #333; Faisal has the nerve to want to setup a paypal account for his "shared" patch to offset the cost of his 650.

Shawdow put in countless hours of work, didnt ask for a dime, and his "fix" didnt kill any of the MANY Treo 650 used to accomplish what they all collectively did.

<~~~~~ passing the mic
    I share some of your, ummmmm, paranoia? I was one of the doubters, and as I have no 650, I have no way to verify whether or not the patch works/worked. However, many of the regulars around here posted that it did, and shadowmite in particular went wild with the stuff he got. I have no doubt that the patch came from PalmOne. I, too, have my doubts as to how Mr. faisal got hold of it, but his story is just way out enough to be absolutely true. The only other options are that he does work for PalmOne, or that he somehow did a little industrial spying into their system and found all this. Seems rather unlikely.

As for the PayPal thing, that was MY idea. Honestly, I was hoping that Mr. faisal would start asking for money before distributing anything, thus "proving" himself to be a fake. That did not happen. Certainly he didn't do as much work on the patch as shadowmite has done since; he really only became the conduit. Send him money for his time if you wish. The only conclusion I can now draw is that he was telling the truth all along. I just wish PalmOne would make some kind of public statement about all of this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Well, here's another long thread I read from beginning to end. I must say, I need a life!

Faisal didnt get involved in this thread until post #179. And at that time, he was NOT part of the Palm master plan to fix anything. His post were about returning, phoning, & most importantly, complaining to the powers that be.

Now, somewhere between post #209-226, he has fell into the loving arms of a man and a woman who care so much about his plight and are willing to help the 650's of the world.

I have never in my life heard of such chain of events that took place to get this patch. With all the know-how and highly paid people of Palm, it took a little man on the outside looking in, to be the ultimate (beta) tester.

Now, based on my keen memory, and common sense, there is no way a patch of ANY kind should/would have been distributed to ONE person, whom I might add, says he is not connected to Palm in any way; just a regular customer.

I think by the time I reached the Fed-Ex stage of his post, I was practically on the floor. Now that I have composed myself, I dont believe anyone from Palm; from the friendly caring man he spoke with, nor the sincere female engineer sent him anything.

Those of you that got the patch, for most of you, the 650 is not your first smartphone. Also, just like the update for the 600, it wasnt done as a patch, or sent via SD card. They worked on it in-house and when it was ready....YOU GOT IT!

Personally, I dont know where Faisal obtained the patch. My mind tells me that he is not the unskilled individual he would have many of you believing. My gut instinct tell me that he made this patch himself; and everyone so eager for a "fix" fell for it.

Just ask yourselves, with all the things wrong with the 650, why would Palm provide a fix for ONE problem to ONE person?

Neither Palm, Sprint, nor Santa Clause pulled the patch. This got bigger than Faisal expected and he needed to "save face" the best way he could.

There were so many signs/post(s) pointing to this not being right; but again, that "fix" was calling you. Someone said (in a post which I dont recall the #) that this was too good to be true....that was another sign right there.
    The FINAL sign was cturek messing around long enough for his 650 to end up at the Treo hospital. Now, I know some of you will say that he did that to himself; true, but maybe, just maybe he wouldnt have gotten his boxers in a bunch if he didnt have the patch to begin with.

And while its on my mind, how is it that this wonder patch had to be sent to Faisal on a SD card via Fed-Ex (she didnt know how to get it on his phone, he didnt have a card reader, etc...etc; but there was no problem emailing it to those that wanted it.

The final clue (for me) was post #333; Faisal has the nerve to want to setup a paypal account for his "shared" patch to offset the cost of his 650.

Shawdow put in countless hours of work, didnt ask for a dime, and his "fix" didnt kill any of the MANY Treo 650 used to accomplish what they all collectively did.

<~~~~~ passing the mic
    Wow..... you must be in criminal law or something.

Let me tell you the basic fact:

I worked with PalmOne
    It is their patch not mine

The paypal thing wasnt my idea.. i never mentioned it.. By the way...if you would have done your research in the thread you would have noticed that i never mentioned PayPal , someother member mentioned it for me..

I am not in this for the money.... i thougth, what the hell, what do i have to lose.

Notice. i gave the patch to everyone.. if i was in this for the money i would have gave it to one person for free, have him post his success, and then send it to only people who sent me the money.

You think too much....
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    I share some of your, ummmmm, paranoia? I was one of the doubters, and as I have no 650, I have no way to verify whether or not the patch works/worked. However, many of the regulars around here posted that it did, and shadowmite in particular went wild with the stuff he got. I have no doubt that the patch came from PalmOne. I, too, have my doubts as to how Mr. faisal got hold of it, but his story is just way out enough to be absolutely true. The only other options are that he does work for PalmOne, or that he somehow did a little industrial spying into their system and found all this. Seems rather unlikely.

As for the PayPal thing, that was MY idea. Honestly, I was hoping that Mr. faisal would start asking for money before distributing anything, thus "proving" himself to be a fake. That did not happen. Certainly he didn't do as much work on the patch as shadowmite has done since; he really only became the conduit. Send him money for his time if you wish. The only conclusion I can now draw is that he was telling the truth all along. I just wish PalmOne would make some kind of public statement about all of this.
    Thanks GWB,

You story is on the money...

Let me tell you they were really pissed off at me for releasing it....

I am not in the computer industry nor an a techie,,,just a gadget head.

I am a National Marketing Manager for a company based in Chicago that services the Nuclear Power industry. I am a Mechanical Engineer by schooling.

Why did PalmOne call me??

all i can tell you was that i called corp. i complained rather professionally on someones voice mail and two days later i get a phone call from a really good guy... He did help me. He also was with me first hand and heard me speak on my second phone and then my third phone.. He was now personally involved with my plight.

thats all it is.... no secret conspiracy,,,, nothing far fetched.. What i did find odd now that i look back is.,.. how come they never told me formally not to send files out or lets keep this confidential..

Well from now on... PalmOne will have all users who help them in Beta testing sign a formal document not to release info. That is what i was told.

I was lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Well from now on... PalmOne will have all users who help them in Beta testing sign a formal document not to release info. That is what i was told.

I was lucky.
    So were we.
    Thanks GWB,

Why did PalmOne call me??

all i can tell you was that i called corp. i complained rather professionally on someones voice mail and two days later i get a phone call from a really good guy... He did help me. He also was with me first hand and heard me speak on my second phone and then my third phone.. He was now personally involved with my plight.

I was lucky.
    The community was lucky, too, but PalmOne was not. There are going to be some very serious ramifications to the ROM loader being released to the public. Time for Seldom to shart, I mean short some more stock....

It sounds like PalmOne either didn't know about the sound issue or didn't care, and you bypassed both by getting to someone down the food chain who really did want to fix it and had the expertese to do so. That engineer and shadowmite ought to go into business together, doing the sort of stuff PalmOne SHOULD be doing but isn't.

Sorry the PayPal thing has brought some grief upon you; hopefully it brought some cash, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    I share some of your, ummmmm, paranoia?
    Paranoia? Not hardly.
    Wow..... you must be in criminal law or something.

Let me tell you the basic fact:

I worked with PalmOne
    It is their patch not mine

The paypal thing wasnt my idea.. i never mentioned it.. By the way...if you would have done your research in the thread you would have noticed that i never mentioned PayPal , someother member mentioned it for me..

I am not in this for the money.... i thougth, what the hell, what do i have to lose.

Notice. i gave the patch to everyone.. if i was in this for the money i would have gave it to one person for free, have him post his success, and then send it to only people who sent me the money.

You think too much....
    What I do for a living has nothing to do with the ability to think for myself; whether its too much or too little.
    As far as paypal, whether you initiated the thought or someone else did, go back to post 333 and re-read what YOU said about paying for your 650.
    Last edited by scandalex; 12/19/2004 at 11:03 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    scandalex, whether you can comprehend P1's reasons for working with faisal or not, 2 things are not in question.

1. The patch is real. It fixed people's phones. The phones of skeptical people. It wasn't a sugar pill.
    2. The patch came from P1. They released it with a ROM updater, something that could only come from P1, and which they're more than a little embarassed about now being out in the community. Treocentral staff were asked directly by P1 to take down links to the patch. Treocentral staff said clearly that the reason for removing the links was P1 was concerned over the fact that the patch contained the ROM updater! See this link if you feel like keeping up: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&page=6&pp=20

I think poor faisal was just a guy who had a problem with his phone and tried, for the most part, to be a nice guy and keep everyone else up-to-date and in the loop as P1 worked on fixing it. For his troubles he was raked over the coals by a number of people who called him a liar. Later people actually apologized for this when it became clear he wasn't lying. Maybe you don't like guy, and maybe you think it was in poor taste of him to accept donations for his efforts, but you have absolutely no evidence that he's lying and in the face of all the other evidence to the contrary I'm confused as to why you find it necessary to call him a liar now!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    on top of what boobookins said, if you didnt send him any money what does it matter? no one was forced to contribute and manny didnt. The fact remains we will get alot out of his efforts and if he got some small compensation for it, bully for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    Has there been any feedback from Palm on this issue at all???
    LMAO! ROFL!

you mean p1 would admit it produced and rushed faulty hardware?

hold on i am still ROFL here.
    SOMEONE EMAIL ME THE DAMN PATCH WITH INSTALLATION DIRECTIONS!

ddeino04@sprintpcs.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mape245
    SOMEONE EMAIL ME THE DAMN PATCH WITH INSTALLATION DIRECTIONS!

ddeino04@sprintpcs.com

Ummm.... http://www.shadowmite.com/

Next time, search the 'damn' forums.

Also, personally don't care where the patch came from or whatever, but am thankful those like Faisal thought good enough to share with the rest of the community.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by twocows
    LMAO! ROFL!

you mean p1 would admit it produced and rushed faulty hardware?

hold on i am still ROFL here.
    We get mad when companies dont release products fast enough, we get made when they release them quickly.....
    If a patch fixes this problem, then it is a software problem, not a hardware problem.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Next time, search the 'damn' forums.
    mm, ignorant folks
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I too have the sound problem on my two week old Treo purchasd here in San Francisco. I got my phone tested and of course it passed . However, I did numerous tests over the weekend, all with a full signal in Golden gate park and all around SF to no avail . My voice sounds garbled and almost uncomprhensible. ZWhen I went tothestore to inquire about this issue they said it is "not a known issue."

I am not going to go off hre about how I spent 50 hour in the Sprint store last year with 8 different LG 5350's. I don't want to have to gothrough that again.

Considering I spent 600 bucks on this theing, they better let me test that "Rom Update" that was suddenly pulled last week. I worked in software/hardware QA for a certain Silly Valley companmyfor a year and I can not see how this phone made it past QA at Palm One. I am going to call their executive office and speak with a Public Relations person. If I do not get a satisfactory answer, I will begin contacting the media from various news sources and collecting anmes of people with the same problems. I am sick of being trated like **** from companies.

Secondly, I am tellig Sprint that , although they gave me a great deal for re-signing, I will refue to pay for my inadequate service and i will not let them tell me "there is no knownn problems"

Anyone with me here?

Thanks !
    Scandelex,
    Its a little late for sloppy assumptive detective work...
    The patch is real, Faisal is just a regular guy, and we can finally use the 650 as a phone. That's it. what are you trying to "uncover" here?

BTW, have you loaded the patch on your 650 to test it yourself? (you DO own a 650, don't you??)
    When I went to the sprint store with my problem which they said they didn't know about (sound quality), I had a folder with printouts of this thread and similar threads from three other treo sites. No problem getting a replacement. . . .
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I don't know why you all are reluctant to just return your treo 650's for replacements. I went to sprint store and the 1st time they made some adjustments to settings and of course that didn't work. A couple days later, I went back again and they replaced it with a new one. Hot synced it and everything works great. Other callers say I sound great now.
    Just return it, they must of had a couple early batches of phones that were bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETjumps
    I don't know why you all are reluctant to just return your treo 650's for replacements. I went to sprint store and the 1st time they made some adjustments to settings and of course that didn't work. A couple days later, I went back again and they replaced it with a new one. Hot synced it and everything works great. Other callers say I sound great now.
    Just return it, they must of had a couple early batches of phones that were bad.
    My second, and third phone's sounded good at first also, then after a few hours for one, and a week for the other, they both sounded like crap. How many phones do you expect us to replace?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by ETjumps
    What Sprint store did you go to? I've been to 5 and they all won't touch the Treo....
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    Did anyone with audio problems try a PRL update?
    Conrad,
    Yes, I tried calling for A PRL update and the customer service rep told me that the her system would not let her do that because Sprints computer had me flaged as not needing one or no PRL update available.