Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    To think all you tried to do was help people.
    Ugh. I'm sorry cturek, but that's why companies don't do this. You go messing around in things you weren't supposed to be messing around in, and then expect them to fix it when you break something. It's a support nightmare.

When I hacked my TiVo, I was well aware that once I opened the box, my warranty was gone and it was completely my responsibility. I accepted that, was careful, and fortunately it's still running today.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the things that triggered them asking for the patch to be pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the things that triggered them asking for the patch to be pulled.
    Its one thing pulling a patch. Its another thing selling a bad product and only giving a 14 day return policy.

Faisal was right in giving out the patch to fix probably 100's of phones and put people on ice. I for one was going to keep my phone. But after this i think we should all return our phones as part of a protest after all $640 is alot of money for a product that is clearly defective. For a company to threaten someone for helping all these people fix their phones before the 14 day return policy should be a hero not a enemy!!! shame on palm1 !!!!

I will be returning my phone on monday. I will probably buy a pocket PC. You would think that would get it right after the "huge failure" of the treo600...
    To threaten legal action on someone trying to help the community GET A LIFE PALM1

At least a PPC will work!!!!!! Unlike this piece of crap treo650!!!!!!!!!
    Hi could somebody please send me the patch at jamice4u@sprintpcs.com thank you for your time.
    Hi guys, good work that should be awarded instead of punished, by other side in despite of the problems that could have my Treo 650 I'm very happy with it, and as soon as I install the patch I will be more, I already changed once to PPC and came back to palmone as soon as I could, can anyone mail me the rom update to docmarioce@gmail.com ???, thanks in advance, and...I sincerely wish a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone in this awesome forum...
    Hello Michael,

Could you or somebody send me the patch. I would really appriecate it. This patch is something I really want for Christmas.

Thanks,

jamice4u@sprintpcs.com
    I love that people are making me to be a bad guy. Why because I broke a broken Treo? If I didnt return it because I played with the Rom I would have return because the phone suck and I probably would have returned it several times trying to find one that worked.
    I fully admit I used the update patch. I also used it to hack my Treo and get rid of crap I never wanted on it. I also drive over 55 mph on the high way. I also download mp3s illeagally. Someone call Homeland security I must be a threat.

The only thing Palm has going for it is people like me who want to do more with their PDAs so I choose palm over its competition. I will always push the limits of every device I own. If that means breaking them and some huge compnay has to foot the bill for its repair so be it, I might have had to buy a new one myself I knew that and accepted that risk. But I also knew that I was only playing with the ROM I wouldnt open a 650 and treo to play with the chips. The bottom line is if you don't like what I did too bad.

Please don't try to Blame me for palm asking for the patch to be taken down. Do you really think any company would let some Alpha tested patch be massed distributed over the Internet through some chat room? I'm sure it was my actions that changed their minds, I bet they were happy about it before they read I broke my treo. Please get a life.
    Worst thread I've seen since I've been a member.
    please explain
    I think that the PayPal account went one too far...bummer
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    please explain
    The bashing of each other; asking for money; the 48 font all bold with exclamations responses and the loading software on, ruining phone and expecting a company to pay for it. Just wouldn't expect it from this forum, maybe the Yahoo news forums, but not this one.
    As far as I know no one was threatened with legal action. And as for cturek I said "one of". Shadowmite's hacking may have done it instead.

All I'm saying is that it's in bad taste to start hacking a device and then still expect support for it. I don't blame you for doing whatever you want with it, nor do I blame Shadowmite for anything. I just don't think you should've expected Sprint to fix it afterwards. That really pisses off companies and it's why most freak out at any kind of hacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    later clarified as...

The bashing of each other; asking for money; the 48 font all bold with exclamations responses and the loading software on, ruining phone and expecting a company to pay for it. Just wouldn't expect it from this forum, maybe the Yahoo news forums, but not this one.
    On the other hand, this thread started out as a very useful discussion about a real sound quality issue facing numerous 650 owners. The thread spread information, and probably showed P1 that the problem need a serious look. Thanks to faisals complaints with P1, and his participation here, many were ultimately provided a REAL FIX to the problem. (Many of these users were about to return their phones.) For other, like myself, the thread has provided valuable information about what P1 is doing about a serious issue and this has kept me interested in the 650 while I wait for a GSM model. (Otherwise I may have chosen to jump to another phone out of concern over the sound issue had I not been informed that P1 has a real fix in the works.) Bottomline, in spite of a few posts that may have been rude, silly, or inappropriate, this thread has been very useful and many have enjoyed some excellent discourse.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Well put. As a result of this board and the patch, I'm now going to keep my 650.
    Not to prolong this thread which has degenerated into some petty rants, but you think the Treo 600 was a huge failure? Gee, I guess a product that every professional reviewer raves about, every carrier in NA picked up, people like Nokia are rumoured to be working on "Treo killers", and has become 50% of a company's revenue is a failure?

I think ANY of the PPC manufacters would like a failure like this! Get a PPC. If you want to use it as a phone, you will likely be back. I've had one and played with others. Nice toys, but they rapidly lose any usefulness after a while due to lack of basics. Try to grab that urgent phone call in a car on a PPC. Not a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    ...I will be returning my phone on monday. I will probably buy a pocket PC. You would think that would get it right after the "huge failure" of the treo600...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by cturek
    well here's the deal. I think I deleted 1 too many files (you knew that was happening). I got real player and versa mail off but I also just access to my SD card. So my treo is at sprint getting "fixed". I hope they can just put an old rom back on it. i dont know how to tell for sure if i get any extra memory out of it. I don't think you will be able to add stuff to rom without programming knowledge on palm os which i dont have.

Cturek, did you try to just load the original ROM before taking it to Sprint? Or for that mater, the unaltered ROM from faisal?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    his problem was NO SD recogonition, so he couldn't flash it again
    I guess you missed the one where people shamed others into deleting the Hand Spring mail client (originialy came on GSM versions only) that they put on their CDMA phones, to only have an offical one come out 2 months later.
    Well, here's another long thread I read from beginning to end. I must say, I need a life!

Faisal didnt get involved in this thread until post #179. And at that time, he was NOT part of the Palm master plan to fix anything. His post were about returning, phoning, & most importantly, complaining to the powers that be.

Now, somewhere between post #209-226, he has fell into the loving arms of a man and a woman who care so much about his plight and are willing to help the 650's of the world.

I have never in my life heard of such chain of events that took place to get this patch. With all the know-how and highly paid people of Palm, it took a little man on the outside looking in, to be the ultimate (beta) tester.

Now, based on my keen memory, and common sense, there is no way a patch of ANY kind should/would have been distributed to ONE person, whom I might add, says he is not connected to Palm in any way; just a regular customer.

I think by the time I reached the Fed-Ex stage of his post, I was practically on the floor. Now that I have composed myself, I dont believe anyone from Palm; from the friendly caring man he spoke with, nor the sincere female engineer sent him anything.

Those of you that got the patch, for most of you, the 650 is not your first smartphone. Also, just like the update for the 600, it wasnt done as a patch, or sent via SD card. They worked on it in-house and when it was ready....YOU GOT IT!

Personally, I dont know where Faisal obtained the patch. My mind tells me that he is not the unskilled individual he would have many of you believing. My gut instinct tell me that he made this patch himself; and everyone so eager for a "fix" fell for it.

Just ask yourselves, with all the things wrong with the 650, why would Palm provide a fix for ONE problem to ONE person?

Neither Palm, Sprint, nor Santa Clause pulled the patch. This got bigger than Faisal expected and he needed to "save face" the best way he could.

There were so many signs/post(s) pointing to this not being right; but again, that "fix" was calling you. Someone said (in a post which I dont recall the #) that this was too good to be true....that was another sign right there.
    The FINAL sign was cturek messing around long enough for his 650 to end up at the Treo hospital. Now, I know some of you will say that he did that to himself; true, but maybe, just maybe he wouldnt have gotten his boxers in a bunch if he didnt have the patch to begin with.

And while its on my mind, how is it that this wonder patch had to be sent to Faisal on a SD card via Fed-Ex (she didnt know how to get it on his phone, he didnt have a card reader, etc...etc; but there was no problem emailing it to those that wanted it.

The final clue (for me) was post #333; Faisal has the nerve to want to setup a paypal account for his "shared" patch to offset the cost of his 650.

Shawdow put in countless hours of work, didnt ask for a dime, and his "fix" didnt kill any of the MANY Treo 650 used to accomplish what they all collectively did.

<~~~~~ passing the mic
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    OK, then I am confused. Why does everyone I talk to now say I sound better, and I don't break up anymore???
    Blue Skies,
    Wags