Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    others on the engineering team are working hard to find the best
    solution, and once they are done and the solution is tested internally, it will have to be approved by Sprint before we can deploy it. Of
    course we will parallel their testing with ours as much as we can,
    Next time you email them, why don't you ask them why they released the TREO 650 with this glitch in the first place???

It would be nice if someone like shadowmite dissasembled the patch and figured out what changed. Then maybe he could write a little program that puts the control of these factors in the hands of the users??? Whadya think?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Next time you email them, why don't you ask them why they released the TREO 650 with this glitch in the first place???

It would be nice if someone like shadowmite dissasembled the patch and figured out what changed. Then maybe he could write a little program that puts the control of these factors in the hands of the users??? Whadya think?
    I agree with you. However i dont think the people i am dealing with can answer that. THey have been very good to work with. I dont want to criticize now.

By the way,,, did you download and install. if so how did it work out?
    Good Grief, folks, y'all have been busy! I've been at a client site for several hours and DAMN! Anyway...

Faisal - you wanted to know what still sounds BAD -

in a quiet room... it honestly sounds like there is too much bass, not enough trebble.... Though not by a whole lot.

I had my secretary talk on my treo while I listened. Compared to what she sounds like in my ear normally, I'd say it was "deeper" than it normally is. Make sense?

Chavous
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Great improvement so far!

It does not fix the Bluetooth volume issue (which I didn't expect) But the phone is definately improved!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Great improvement so far!

It does not fix the Bluetooth volume issue (which I didn't expect) But the phone is definately improved!
    I will ask about the Bluetooth issue and will let you all know what comes back.

I really dont know what the relationship is with the Bluetooth and the patch? I would think the bluetooth is a seprate issue in itself. But ill find out

I really dont know what the relationship is with the Bluetooth and the patch? I would think the bluetooth is a seprate issue in itself. But ill find out
    In your discourse with them please do mention the bluetooth volume. VERY ANNOYING it is.

thanks for your efforts. Tell your contact if they need more testers...
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    In your discourse with them please do mention the bluetooth volume. VERY ANNOYING it is.

thanks for your efforts. Tell your contact if they need more testers...

Please be more specific.. tell me the whole story and i will surely get it to them

Well it is clearly a seprate issue from what this patch dealt with.

The only reason I commented was because I remember some posters asking if it helped with the BT
    Well it is clearly a seprate issue from what this patch dealt with.

The only reason I commented was because I remember some posters asking if it helped with the BT
    It is a separate issue. The volume on bluetooth headsets is especially low but is boosted temporarily with the mute button fix as discussed here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...bluetooth+mute

It makes a huge difference but with no consistency. That makes a layperson such as myself think there may be a programming solution to this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    It is a separate issue. The volume on bluetooth headsets is especially low but is boosted temporarily with the mute button fix as discussed here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...bluetooth+mute

It makes a huge difference but with no consistency. That makes a layperson such as myself think there may be a programming solution to this issue.
    Yep, and even though this patch doesn't address it I believe the "phone" app is the culprut.
    Patch didn't work. Tried it on two phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Patch didn't work. Tried it on two phones...
    What do you mean by "didn't work"? Do you mean it would not install or htere was no noticible difference?

thanks for the clarification
    Sorry about that...Getting a little tired...

The patch was applied successfully, but I am still have problems with the clarity of the phone. This was before a hot sync and before updating my vision (and trying after doing both those things). I tried on two phones. Guess I'll go and try my 5th phone tomorrow...

Bryan
    whats it doing? it worked for everyone except you. are you sure you downloaded it right?
    I followed everything correctly. I noticed that there is a revision called cvt2 on there also. I tried that and it sounds like it is a little better. I will have to try when I leave my house tomorrow (I get horrible reception at my house).

Bryan
    works very for me so far (fingers crossed).

Paypal money sent to Faisal
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    I followed everything correctly. I noticed that there is a revision called cvt2 on there also. I tried that and it sounds like it is a little better. I will have to try when I leave my house tomorrow (I get horrible reception at my house).

Bryan
    Hmmmnnn what do you mean? there are supposed to be 2 folders one will say ROM and the other should say PALM. your not supposed to open them and pick and choose. You drag both folders onto the SD card then save.

When you put the Sd card in your treo then you click the ROM icon it will start the flash. Type in the rest as per instuctions. If you need help i will PM you my # for you to call me.
    If somehow this or any patch was applied and it made the Treo usable. Is there a way to flash it not going through the OS.

I am asking because I want to try to modify the patch to remove versa mail and Real Player. I think I can do it but if I load it and it screws up the phone is there a way to flash it again without doing it through the palm OS itself? Has anyone done this on a 600 maybe?
    Thanks
    Chris
    It would seem that you could delete the apps from the Update.
    It would seem that you could delete the apps from the Update.
    i donn't think this is a full rom updater though. I woudn't be the one to trust on that but it's my guess. Seems more like a patch.