Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Patched. I could tell the difference in the sound it makes when you hotsync. Cant wait to try a call.
    Has anyone tested this with a bluetooth headet yet? Is the volume improved?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have to agree with whomever had mentioned that this patch is infinitely more valuable than the wifi and DUN hacks, though I am happy and may purchase the wifi card now as a result. I could deal with, though I wasn't happy about, the memory issue. It also consequently turned me on to Zlauncher which seems like something I'd want to have anyway for themes, but I was sincerely thinking about ebaying my Treo as soon as I received it due to the bad call quality. I currently have such an old phone (Sanyo 4900) which has been the phone for Sprint by which other phones are measured for reception. Even slightly worse reception was acceptable, though if other people can't hear me and I can't use it as a phone, it was OUT THE DOOR.

I'd also like to publicly thank Faiscal for his hard work in resolving this issue along with PalmOne. I would also hope that PalmOne release an official firmware/ROM update ASAP as this is a major issue that has not been addressed publicly. I imagine that coming forward with this issue formally may have killed off sales altogether, especially after the memory fiasco.
    Yes....Thanks Faiscal!!!!!!!

major kudos
    **disregard*** see below
    Last edited by RealDeal71; 12/16/2004 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    I have hosted the patch. You can all download away until my host shuts me down

Moderator Edit: The firmware has been removed, as it is palmOne's intellectual property. But at least we know they are getting close to address the issue.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THE PATCH YET... DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK
    It's not working...
    Moderator Edit: The firmware link has been removed, as it is palmOne's intellectual property. But at least we know they are getting close to address the issue.

INSTRUCTIONS AS POSTED BY FAISAL:
    1. IMPORTANT!!! Plug your device into the charger first. Hot sync if you haven't already. Remember. At the end of this, you'll have to hard reset your device, so you will lose everything on it.

2. When you put the card in the SD slot, it should default to the "Card" applications menu.

3. Tap the ROMUpdater app. It will take you to a screen with a lot of text.

4. Type "rev cvt2" (no quotes). Hit the return key.

5. Type "ace" (no quotes). Hit the return key.

6. After the flash is complete, it will say, "PLEASE HARD RESET YOUR DEVICE". Here's how you do it:

a) Remove the battery cover and use the stylus to do a pin reset, located on the left side of the battery.

b) Quickly look at the LCD. You will see a bar moving from left to right. Before it reaches about midpoint on the bottom of the screen, press and hold down the RED phone button until you see the Palm logo.

c) When you see the Palm logo (the moving bar is gone), release the RED phone button. You will be prompted to press the up button to erase all of your data. Please do so.

7. Follow the steps to recalibrate your touch screen.

8. You're done! Re-sync your data and turn on your radio by pressing and holding the RED phone button.

WARNING: DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK.. I HAVE NOT YET TRIED THIS PATCH
    Last edited by RealDeal71; 12/16/2004 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    faisal, I downloaded the patch. Where are the instuctions? will i see them when i insert the SD card? or is there a sheet in the download folder on the CPU because i dont see one... I called you so if you get a chance give me a call back.

Thank You,

Michael
    For everyone installing the patch, HOW are you doing it? When unzipped, it just looks like a bunch of files...
    Here are the directions I received:

> Follow these directions:
    > >
    > >The filename is: faisal_test_build_2.plmo.zip
    > >
    > >Take the contents of the unzipped files, it should be two folders,
    > >one
    > says
    > >ROM and the other one Palm and dump the folders into your SD card.
    > >
    > >Take the Sd card and put it into the device
    > >
    > >
    > >1. IMPORTANT!!! Plug your device into the charger first. Hot sync if
    > you
    > >haven't already. Remember. At the end of this, you'll have to hard
    > reset
    > >your device, so you will lose everything on it.
    > >
    > >2. When you put the card in the SD slot, it should default to the
    > "Card"
    > >applications menu.
    > >
    > >3. Tap the ROMUpdater app. It will take you to a screen with a lot
    > >of text.
    > >
    > >4. Type "rev cvt2" (no quotes). Hit the return key. make sure you
    > >are
    > at
    > >the bottom of the screen.
    > > YOu will see a bunch of stuff wait till it stops then:
    > >5. Type "ace" (no quotes). Hit the return key. again make sure the
    > cursor
    > >is at the bottom of the screen
    > >
    > >You will again see a bunch of stuff then it will say:
    > >6. After the flash is complete, it will say, "PLEASE HARD RESET YOUR
    > >DEVICE". Here's how you do it:
    > > a) Remove the battery cover and use the stylus to do a pin
    > reset,
    > >located on the left side of the battery.
    > > b) Quickly look at the LCD. You will see a bar moving from
    > left
    > >to right. Before it reaches about midpoint on the bottom of the
    > screen,
    > >press and hold down the RED phone button until you see the Palm logo.
    > > c) When you see the Palm logo (the moving bar is gone),
    > release
    > >the RED phone button. You will be prompted to press the up button to
    > erase
    > >all of your data. Please do so.
    > >7. Follow the steps to recalibrate your touch screen.
    > >8. You're done! Re-sync your data and turn on your radio by pressing
    > and
    > >holding the RED phone button.
    I created a new thread for this so it doesn't stay buried. I added a mirror as well. Please add your own so I don't regret that.
    Please send me the patch. 25% improvement would be wonderful. I am delighted with the phone until I someone at the other end says: " can you repeat what you said?". My e-mail is iamfire@coqui.net. Anticipated thanks!
    Just downloaded the patch. Will give you feedback after tomorrow.
    i am looking at the patch now. THere are zip files inside the zip file. I asume you unzip those also. What directory do they need to go into?
    I think (I haven't tried it myself since I haven't gotten my 650 from VC yet) you DON'T unzip the extra files, and you put the two folders in the root directory of your SD card. So RomUpdater.prc goes to PALM/Launcher, which is where SD programs normally go, and the ROM goes in its own top level directory.

If someone can confirm this I'll add it to the instructions in the other thread.
    well, I just did the update. I followed the instructions as close as possible. The one thing different is after i typed "rev cvt2" (no quotes) I didnt see a bunch of stuff just one line that said something like will update using cvt2. But then it just went to the blinking cursor and I type "ace" and then I saw a bunch of stuff. Did the update load right or did the first part not work? Any ideas.
    When you open the zip file, click on extract and select the folder you want to extract to. It will automatically create the 2 folders needed. This is what you move to the sd card.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I think it did load right. i cut and past the directions as best i can.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I am happy this latest patch has worked out for all you guys. You really need to thank the person i am dealing with at PalmOne. She is the one that deserves the credit.,

THe Latest:

i left some messages for my contact on her computer in the form of .wav files. She is sharing that with Qualcomm. I dont know more than that.

I will email her by Saturday and ask how the meeting went and what the next step will be. Of course i wil keep you guys abreast.

I believe there still is an opportunity to make this better by addressing the background pickup. there is some relationship with the background noise and the processing of the voice quality.

IN think the firmware will address that. Again i dont know when that will take place but will keep all informed.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I am not one to get compensated for helping you guys out but it sure could help me offset the argument i had with the mrs about paying for this phone.

I have spent countless hours with the contact at PalmOne and countless resets.. Etc etc. i am sure you guys would have done the same.

But i am still on the job and YOU ALL CAN BE ASSURED THAT IF THERE ARE ANYMORE UPDATES, FIRMWARE, PATCHES ETC, YOU GUYS WILL BE THE FIRST TO GET IT. GOD KNOWS WHEN SPRINT WILL ISSUE IT AND FOR THAT MATTER PALMONE. I have for you a email i recieved which will touch on that very issue.,

Hi Faisal,

I recognize the impatience of people who have been experiencing this
    problem. Unfortunately, I can't give you a date at this time. _______
    and
    others on the engineering team are working hard to find the best
    solution, and once they are done and the solution is tested internally,
    it will have to be approved by Sprint before we can deploy it. Of
    course
    we will parallel their testing with ours as much as we can, but there
    are too many unknowns right now to give even an estimated date. I can
    only assure you that it is being given very high priority

There you have it.

Please offset my time off of work while at my desk doing this stuff and other indirect costs due to this issue. MY wife is already upset that i "dont spend enough time with me, you are always on your computer"

Please get her off my back, Your paypal contribution will help me buy her a nice christmas present so that i can still stay connected!!

PAYPAY TO: feysul@gmail.com

anything would be appreciated!!!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    I am not one to get compensated for helping you guys out but it sure could help me offset the argument i had with the mrs about paying for this phone.

I have spent countless hours with the contact at PalmOne and countless resets.. Etc etc. i am sure you guys would have done the same.

But i am still on the job and YOU ALL CAN BE ASSURED THAT IF THERE ARE ANYMORE UPDATES, FIRMWARE, PATCHES ETC, YOU GUYS WILL BE THE FIRST TO GET IT. GOD KNOWS WHEN SPRINT WILL ISSUE IT AND FOR THAT MATTER PALMONE. I have for you a email i recieved which will touch on that very issue.,

Hi Faisal,

I recognize the impatience of people who have been experiencing this
    problem. Unfortunately, I can't give you a date at this time. _______
    and
    others on the engineering team are working hard to find the best
    solution, and once they are done and the solution is tested internally,
    it will have to be approved by Sprint before we can deploy it. Of
    course
    we will parallel their testing with ours as much as we can, but there
    are too many unknowns right now to give even an estimated date. I can
    only assure you that it is being given very high priority

There you have it.

Please offset my time off of work while at my desk doing this stuff and other indirect costs due to this issue. MY wife is already upset that i "dont spend enough time with me, you are always on your computer"

Please get her off my back, Your paypal contribution will help me buy her a nice christmas present so that i can still stay connected!!

PAYPAY TO: feysul@gmail.com

anything would be appreciated!!!

I am not verified yet. i should be in two days. I dont know if that will affect your gift if you were to give it today. Just thought i would mention it for whatever its worth.

thanks