Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    Faisal... no patch for me? C'mon.. I thought we were friends? :-)
    Still no patch for me, though you said you were sending it. Can someone who got the patch PLEASE put it up on an ftp server or otherwise make it available?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    I still have to wonder why PalmOne would choose to distribute a patch through you, but I guess that's up to them. Good Work!
    I don't think they've chosen to "distribute a patch" through faisal. They're working on a patch and are working with him as a customer test case to get it ready. When they're satisfied they have something that fixes the problem sufficiently for release I'm sure they will distribute it through normal channels. As to why they are working with faisal, as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread, it's probably just a matter of luck in that he called to complain, spoke to the right person at P1 who listened and they decided to go ahead and keep him in the testing loop since he's an actual customer with the problem making his feedback valuable.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I don't think they've chosen to "distribute a patch" through faisal. They're working on a patch and are working with him as a customer test case to get it ready. When they're satisfied they have something that fixes the problem sufficiently for release I'm sure they will distribute it through normal channels. As to why they are working with faisal, as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread, it's probably just a matter of luck in that he called to complain, spoke to the right person at P1 who listened and they decided to go ahead and keep him in the testing loop since he's an actual customer with the problem making his feedback valuable.

Thanks... you are 100% correct. I was lucky and agre wtih what you said... I also think they may know that i am part of this thread adn want to keep you informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Thanks... you are 100% correct. I was lucky and agre wtih what you said... I also think they may know that i am part of this thread adn want to keep you informed.
    I just pm'ed you if you have the time and are so inclined please email the patch to me at

dutchtrumpet@yahoo.com

thanks!
    My 650 arrieved yesterday. So far no sound problems on the other end from a number of different locations and background noise levels, including resturant and a car. I'm asking everyone how I sound and they all say very clear.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....
    After installing a clip mount on my dashboard in the car so that I can use the 650 as a gps, talk hands free etc... I haven't had one problem on either end. It's a good 12 inches away now and all problems seem to be alleviated. Perhaps people trying to talk right into the microphone causes this problem. I was in a recording studio yesterday (www.4ament.com) that's me
    Called a buddy of mine for a file and held the phone at a similar distance (8 inches or so) and he heard me just fine and I heard him fine. There does seem to be an issue with both of us trying to talk at the same time; but i like that because two people shouldn't be talking at once.
    I'm happier with my treo (until a ptt version comes out, then i'll be cursing palm one and sprint)
    Well i just finished my patch and my phone sounds alot clearer. I must say I dont think i will return my phone now. I will test it out more with different backgrounds

On another note. My phone has lost some memory and now is at 22.4M after the hard reset. I forgot what it was without the patch. I think it was 23. something.
    michael...can you email me the patch?

dutchtrumpet@yahoo.Com
    Made more calls they say "i sound like im standing in front of them talking and Sounds great"
    Please send me the patch bill90039 @ hotmail.com as well!

Thanks
    i think this also fixed the backgorund noise problem. I was sitting right next to the TV on channel was on MTV and it didnt crack up or echo. i will update later as i use it more... I have a 4500 min plan so i dont mind using my minutes. Only thing is i sound like the verizon commercial "can you hear me now?? GOOOD!!!"
    Is there a file size limit on post attachments? If not, it would be easier to just post the file here. If there is a limit, could someone please host it? Someone must have a web site with some bandwidth to spare.
    I think people should Donate $ via paypal to faisal for his complaining to the RIGHT person at palm and getting this patch for us. Or treocentral should give him a case or charger for his work.... This was by far the best find (better than DUN and WiFi)

After almost everyone called him a BSer and liar SHOOT if i was him i wouldnt share anything after that. But he is a genuwine person and cares about others to still give out this patch.

FAISAL SET UP A PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!!
    Can someone send me the patch? Please????????
    Last edited by rjmoose; 02/05/2007 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Can someone send me the patch? Please????????

rjmoose79@cox.net
    your email account kicked it back to me cuz the file is too big... sorry dude...
    Does my Treo sound like sh*t now? GOOD!

set up the paypal acct and ill donate to the cause!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins

Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    your email account kicked it back to me cuz the file is too big... sorry dude...

faisal=michael82574=what other made up names in this thread?

The writing styles are the same

They cant spell worth a darn

There are inconsistencies in the stories (look for yourself in the thread i.e. first he says he will NEVER send it, then says he will, then he says the "build version" is not stable and not working....at the same time he says it has improved his audio quality)

He immediately wants to setup a PayPal account...come on...do you do it for the money or send it to everyone first and then have EVERYONE be so thankful he solved the problem that they are begging to send him money?

He wont upload it to an FTP

Only 1 or 2 people (phantom people perhaps) have received the patch?

He tells me he tried to send it to me and it bounced...I can receive up 5 mb e-mail attachments AND I have been receiving e-mail all morning....

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

Bottom line: I still don't have a "patch" yet and my Treo 650 sounds like crap. This thread is growing very tiring.
    I have my own server (although it's just on a DSL line). If you send it to me at "bcaslis AT caslis.com" I'll put it up today.

Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    Is there a file size limit on post attachments? If not, it would be easier to just post the file here. If there is a limit, could someone please host it? Someone must have a web site with some bandwidth to spare.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    faisal=michael82574=what other made up names in this thread?

The writing styles are the same

They cant spell worth a darn

There are inconsistencies in the stories (look for yourself in the thread i.e. first he says he will NEVER send it, then says he will, then he says the "build version" is not stable and not working....at the same time he says it has improved his audio quality)

He immediately wants to setup a PayPal account...come on...do you do it for the money or send it to everyone first and then have EVERYONE be so thankful he solved the problem that they are begging to send him money?

He wont upload it to an FTP

Only 1 or 2 people (phantom people perhaps) have received the patch?

He tells me he tried to send it to me and it bounced...I can receive up 5 mb e-mail attachments AND I have been receiving e-mail all morning....

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

Bottom line: I still don't have a "patch" yet and my Treo 650 sounds like crap. This thread is growing very tiring.

I just got it and your pm