Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    but I'm also tired of people complaining what's wrong.
    Bryan
    Then ignore the thread or ignore the users that you want to ignore. Nothing wrong with people complaining about a problem. Heck, maybe Palm will even do something about the problems one day.

"The squeaky wheel gets the oil"
    It's not that I don't like people complaining about their problems...

Well hell, I guess I was still a little tired! Sorry...

I just want this resolved as much as anyone else. This phone just adds to my already 400 problems going on.

Sorry if I've offended anyone!

Just thought of something....If Sprint won't look at the phone if it is not working, since it is a PDA (that is what I was told by a Sprint store rep), then how would anything get fixed. They fix phones all the time without having to just replace them. So if Sprint won't look at it, who can we turn to (I know we can ***** to PalmOne, but I can't ship my phone out and not have a phone for a week (just like most people)).

Bryan
    Last edited by MadlyAlive; 12/16/2004 at 08:55 AM.
    c'mon, guys... give Faiz a break. I spoke with him on the phone yesterday and he seems genuine. If you don't want to hear him anymore, ignore him (you CAN do that with this BB software) or unsubscribe yourself from this thread.
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I read all the comments above and in the interest of being professional i will state some of reasons of not sending stuff out.

First, why the hell would i want or would anyone want to install a piece of software that doesnt work?? are you guys idiots ( i am refering to the loudmouths of the group)? I told you time and time again why would you want to install a piece of software that doesnt work??

Welll the second ROM works much better thatn the last one and it think it is wise to send it to you guys because i dont think another one is coming soon and i dont think the FIRMWARE is coming soon either.

One guy did mention a good point to me in that alot of you are getting frustrated, i can understand that.

Well here we go.

YOU NEED A SD CARD READER
    YOU WILL NEED TO HOTSYNC
    YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR DEVICE CHARGED WHILE YOU ARE DOING THIS
    FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS STEP BY STEP
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE... THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK,JUST LIKE IT WAS FOR ME

READ THE DIRECTIONS SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING IT.

Finally i am going to email this to the believere who emailed me. They will post there story and feedback. We need to hear about it...

GUys that emailed me,,,, watch out here it comes,. by the way its a big file i hope your email can handle it.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    c'mon, guys... give Faiz a break. I spoke with him on the phone yesterday and he seems genuine. If you don't want to hear him anymore, ignore him (you CAN do that with this BB software) or unsubscribe yourself from this thread.
    Thanks,,, you will get preferential treatment!!
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    GUys that emailed me,,,, watch out here it comes,. by the way its a big file i hope your email can handle it.
    I can't wait.
    Can we try to work on this as a group and see if we can at least figure out the problem. Let's make this thread an information gathering session instead of a b!tching fest. Here is what I suggest:

We should first try to see if it is a problem effecting a particular batch of Treos. This can probably be accomplished by all affected users posting their SN (located under battery) to see how sequential they are. Unless someone knows a better way to do this?

Next we should try to do some different tests to see if we can narrow down when, where, and hopefully why this happens. For instance someone suggested background noise on the other end might be a culprit. We also need to verify if it happens while using a headset. Also if it is a mic issue it should happen when on speakerphone or on the handset but not on a headphone. If it was noise canceling software a headset would probably be affected also.

I'm a CTO at a hedgefund and I can probably get to someone important at palm through one of our research analysts since we are an investor but I don't want to try that unless I have some useful information and hard facts to present. If that doesn't work I will call a sell side analyst I know and give him the information. I'm sure once he puts a story out with some real facts about a real problem and PLMOs stock price gets hit they will start working on this and probably be more than happy to read our thread and address the issue. I know "some people" are posting BS about working with palm on this board. I assure you I make no claim that I won't follow through on. I love my treo and just want to get this problem fixed some my girlfriend stops b!tch that she can't hear me.
    Thanks
    Chris
    P.S feel to email me at cturek at bridgercapital com (written this way so spam bots dont find email address when reading this post. I hate spam!)
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i just sent the patch.. good luck guys.

Tell me how it goes and need your feedback its important for all...even GWB
    I'm ignorant--can you install 2 patches at the same time? ie: Bluetooth DUN patch AND the soon-to-be-available-Fasial sound patch?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    i just sent the patch.. good luck guys.

Tell me how it goes and need your feedback its important for all...even GWB
    I just checked, and no patch yet. Fasial, I assume you are sending it to me also because your email to me said as much! Sometimes the internet is slow, but not THAT slow... Hrmph.
    I HAVE THE PATCH FROM FAIZ... AND IT WORKS!!!!

I have folks saying I sound 100% better!

And posting the version # won't help - it still says 1.03-SPCS...:-/

I was even skeptical that it WAS ACTUALLY PATCHED for about 10 seconds.. until I made my first call on it. MARKED improvement.

THANK YOU FAISAL!!
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    I didnt get a patch suprat94@aol.com
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I was even skeptical that it WAS ACTUALLY PATCHED for about 10 seconds.. until I made my first call on it. MARKED improvement.

THANK YOU FAISAL!!

You are welcome.. what i need you to do now is to articulate as much as you can what the NEGATIVES are in your voice quality if any. I need to get this input back to PalmOne. I need you to talk in a variety if backgrounds.

Please note that i am sure PalmOne will release a formal one out but i really dont know when.. i asked and they gave me a grey answer because its another department
    What happend to me faisal no patch for me?
    Ok thanks faisal. i will install it right now and post back...
    Faisal how big is the patch? You mentioned it was big, and sometimes big attachments don't make it through email.

Can it be posted on a FTP server? (I don't have a 650 yet, just trying to be helpful.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Faisal how big is the patch? You mentioned it was big, and sometimes big attachments don't make it through email.

Can it be posted on a FTP server? (I don't have a 650 yet, just trying to be helpful.)

Faisal... no patch for me? C'mon.. I thought we were friends? :-)

THANK YOU FAISAL!!
    Well, Mr. faisal, I am sorry I doubted you. I hope you understand how suspicious things were starting to sound. I still have to wonder why PalmOne would choose to distribute a patch through you, but I guess that's up to them. Good Work!
    faisal, I downloaded the patch. Where are the instuctions? will i see them when i insert the SD card? or is there a sheet in the download folder on the CPU because i dont see one... I called you so if you get a chance give me a call back.

Thank You,

Michael