Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imannie
    This is depressing to me because I just got my replacement phone and am told it sounds very clear and I'm not breaking up any more. I thought it was just a microphone problem with a batch of phones. I know of 3 people who returned their phones (preordered) and the replacements are all fine - so far.
    If you are happy with your replacement phone you are lucky.

I would just do a couple of things. First talk to people outside of a quiet enviroment and ask them how you sound.
    Second. talk to them in a loud voice and fast. if you dont chop then you got a good phone.

If not... stay tuned to this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Hi Faisal,
    With all of your great feedback, we are narrowing in on the root cause of this problem. The audio software engineer is giving me another test build tonight which I will test tomorrow. If I can make a call on it, I will send it to you via the same method as last time. Stay tuned for a new build...we're getting closer...
    Thanks,

This one came yesterday:

Hi Faisal,
    I am checking out a new firmware build (this is the software that goes on the radio). I will send that to you later tonight. But this e-mail includes the official build. That means that if your unit crashes for any reason or the build I send to you later gives your problems, please re-flash to this build and your unit will operate as it did before. This is the hazard of experimental "engineering" builds )

Just wanted to give you the golden build to fall back upon.

I did not yet recieve the latest firmware> i would assume i get it today. I will let all know.

I would also keep the info above handy in that if someone applys a patch in the future they can understand how to reload the origonal ROM.

Know in regards to people saying put up or shut up let me answer that.

I dont think it is wise to install the first attempt at a patch when it is not the final one. I still have some issues but its better than before. also you have to hard reset the device. Why would anyone hard reset more than once when i might have something soon to give you all. YES I WILL GIVE TO WHOMEVER ASKS A COPY OF THE PROCEDURE AND THE FIRMWARE UPDATE..NO PROBLEM.

I just dont have the time now to email stuff and get involved in that whole business, when i will probobly do it again real soon.

If someone wants the final patch they can email me at nonoem@yahoo.com, this way i can store emails as they come in and it will be easier on me. I hope everyone knows this is a lot of work and i am happy to do it for all you because i am in the same shoes and i would expect one of you all to do it also.

I will let everyone know what happens next.

If anyone has anymore questions or comments i would love to hear from them

P.S. GWB i want a nice gift from you when i send it. Maybe a ActiveSkin case or maybe a VAJA case?? Do you have any other ideas????

OK, this just gets better and better. I really, really, REALLY hope you are legitimate, Mr. faisal, but I am REALLY thinking you aren't. Promises, promises, promises that you will give it to everyone, then you won't, then you tell them they shouldn't use it anyway... And let me get this straight... you are a self-professed non-technical type, but PalmOne is having you flash your ROM repeatedly? I'm having a lot of trouble with that concept.

Why don't you choose one of the nay-sayer types, like mikec or stevesm or somebody like that and send them the stuff and see what THEY say? A little proof never hurt, huh?

As for your gift, how about the gratitude of the masses if you actually pull this off?

Well, in thinking about it, maybe we need to defray Mr. faisal's costs in all this. Anyone want to donate to his PayPal account?
    Last edited by GWB; 12/15/2004 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    OK, this just gets better and better. I really, really, REALLY hope you are legitimate, Mr. faisal, but I am REALLY thinking you aren't. Promises, promises, promises that you will give it to everyone, then you won't, then you tell them they shouldn't use it anyway... And let me get this straight... you are a self-professed non-technical type, but PalmOne is having you flash your ROM repeatedly? I'm having a lot of trouble with that concept.

Why don't you choose one of the nay-sayer types, like mikec or stevesm or somebody like that and send them the stuff and see what THEY say? A little proof never hurt, huh?

As for your gift, how about the gratitude of the masses if you actually pull this off?

Well, in thinking about it, maybe we need to defray Mr. faisal's costs in all this. Anyone want to donate to his PayPal account?
    I'm all about donating to Mr. F as soon as he produces the working fix!
    I just got off the phone with the manager at my local Sprint store, and the Operations Manager there who has the 650 has now admited that his has this same sound quality isue!!!

And to imannie, I had good sound quality when I got my second phone also, then after about a week, people started to complain again. Just hang in there, people will complain again.

The local Sprint store told me my only choice for now is to go back to my I-330, and wait for a fix from Palmone.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    1. Moderator, PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD!! Since this problem is affecting the majority of Treo 650 users, I think stickying this thread is warranted.

2. I called PalmOne Tech Support (which of course is some building in the Philipines) and told the rep that this problem is being widely experienced. She said that all reported problems are sent up the chain and analyzed to improve the product, so everyone, please don't hesitate to call tech support. If more people report this problem the fix will get a higher priority. FYI, the number is 800-881-7256.

3. In this thread some guy mentions that he had a Sprint store tech lower the sensitivity of his mic and that apparently it's working better now. Someone mentioned that maybe muffling the mic will help and suggested placing tape over the mic hole. I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I'd be curious to see if it makes a difference.

If all else fails, I hate to do it, but I'll have to return to the relatively rock-solid Treo 600 if Palm/Sprint can't get this issue resolved. If you can't effectively use a phone as a phone, what good is it
    go.digital
    Just wanted to make a comment on the comments made about Hot Syncing and Updating your Vision profile when connecting to the Internet. When I tried my 3rd phone, it was activated before I was off the phone with the Sprint rep (I was on another cell). I immediately tried it, called a friend, he said I was choppy still. Called myself, 5 or 6 other people (cell and land line) and they are hearing the same issues. Just thought I would add my $.02.

Bryan
    Thanks Bryan, I was curious about that.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    i'm getting the same comments from friends - that i sound like crap. but i haven't really done any testing. just anecdotal.
    as in reguards to the tape over the microphone fix....
    that just reinforces the assumption that the microphone itself
    is the culprit. when i recieve my treo 650 tomorrow that i ordered
    sunday, ill test it for that problem.. and then promptly take it apart
    and try the startac mics i have laying around. and ill keep the board
    posted.
    while iam at it..
    ill take some pics of the insides for everyone
    to see!! **** on the waranty, ill break stuff
    if i wanna, and noooobody can stop me (insert dr. evil laugh here)!!!!!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB

GWB: How do i get a pay pay account. I could use the money. I just dished out big bucks for a TREO 650...

Sorry to interupt. I just got a call from PalmOne....actually while i was typing this. I am suppose to call my contacts boss to let them hear me first hand. I will tell you guys how it goes.

Okay i am back.. well my contact's boss got on the line and is taking over for my contact. She is going on vacation and he is taking over.

He heard me first hand on this issue.

Well i dont have another patch to try out yet and dont know when i will. I will send another email to later tonight if i dont hear anything and will keep you all up to date.

I can tell that this is a big priority for PalmOne and they are doing what they can to make this right.

Back to GWB.. I will send to you the first patch if you email me. GUARANTEED. It might crash your system... i hope it doesnt Send me an email and i will forward it to you.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone and installed the latest ROM. I also found out that PalmONe needs to meet with QualComm to get into the firmware update. Actually my contact is off to meet with QualCom tomorrow to get this ironed out. I also was on the phone with her while she was recording my voice on a special machine under several scenarios... i.e. background noise..TV etc.

This fix will require a firmware update and a ROm. I just did the latest ROM. I heard my wife and it sounded way way clear!!! But she said there still was a slight echo. Maybe its just her>> i am waiting to talk to other friends and get their input and will report. But it sounded real good. I need to confirm that.

ONce i get more input and it makes is good as i think it will be i will forward it to whomever wants. I have some people already on my database.

YOu will need a SD card reader to do this.

I dont know about the firmware update.. i cannot comment on that but when i do i will let all know.
    Can't you just PLEASE take a screenshot or pic of your screen showing the rom update or something!?!?!? PLEASE?
    The problem seems to be agraviated by environment noise at the other end. You can replicate this consistently by asking the other person to make a "shhh" sound while you count... one, two, three..... ten. Then ask the person if numbers were missed or cutoff while he/she was making the sound.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    Can't you just PLEASE take a screenshot or pic of your screen showing the rom update or something!?!?!? PLEASE?
    What do you want to know?? I could take a pic of it but honestly i am tired now and dont feel like messing around wiht digital pics and uploading etc etc.

Tell me what you want to see and i will type it in
    Now this is starting to sound a little fishy....

Anyways...

Tape doesn't work...

Good luck getting a Sprint tech to look at it. I went in asking them to adjust the gain of my mic, and they said nuh uh, no way jose, we don't touch those things. I feel like they're being racists towards my phone!

Bryan
    What do you want to know?? I could take a pic of it but honestly i am tired now and dont feel like messing around wiht digital pics and uploading etc etc.

Please understand that I am wary. There are nuts of all types on the internet. How does anyone here know if you are telling the truth or not? Seriously, nothing against you at all. Heck, I could be an axe murderer and you wouldn't know it.
    All I <WE>want to know is if you are legit. If you are, couldn't you please just post a pic of the screen showing the ROM version? There are people in this forum that are running out of time to return their phone for a refund and will maybe hold out if they know you are for real. That's all.
    Please, for the good of the community...

Matter of fact... take the pic, email it to me and I will host the pic and post it for you.
    Oh, come on now. You said you are in Chicago, and you posted this around 9:30PM EST, or 8:30PM your time. Sorry you are so tired.

You sound like the guys on eBay scamming "CDMA/GSM" phones, but they don't have digital cameras to take a picture of their wares.

Enough. Either post what you have or stop teasing the monkeys. They might bite.

And I have only posted a dozen times that I am waiting for the GSM TREO 650, so the patch won't do me any good, will it????
    faisal, if you do not put up, you might as well shut up. If you do not email the patch to someone else, or at least take a screenshot/picture of the ROM version where we can all see it...why are you going to continue lying and wasting our time? This is the final warning you get, 'fore I whoop your @$$, boy!! I'm convinced that you are a PalmOne employee, or a very bored teenager...PUT UP OR SHUT UP
    Let's just stop posting about this all together. We all know what is going on with the phone and we all know the problems people are having. I'm not only getting tired of empty promises, but I'm also tired of people complaining what's wrong.

So....

Unless you have something NEW to report (i.e. a NEW problem, or a new solution, or a new fix) then don't post at all.

Just my $.05 (Used my two pennies earlier in the thread)

Bryan