Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    So P1 engineers use the term 'muddy' when discussing their product's sound???
    I will take the patch also.

Please send it to rjmoose79ATcox.net (Obviously change the AT to @)

Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. The far end says that I sound choppy as if every other word is dropping. Is happening primarily while I am on the highway while driving (background noise from the wind/highway) and occurs whether I use the handset, my wired heaset, or my BT250 bluetooth headset. This is my 2nd phone (1st had a serious keyboard defect)!!!!
  4.    #284  
    Please send the patch to coelacanth(AT)suguru.net

Thanx in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Jim believe me i had the same exact problem. Dont buy another phone. I will give you some comfort in the latest email i recieved from the engineer i am working with to resolve this issue.

Hi Faisal,
    Thank you so much for the feedback! You're a key part of solving this problem.

I have a couple more questions the next time you talk to those friends:

1. Do they perceive the clarity as lower than before (i.e. more muddy or muffled), or is it the same?

2. The same with the scratchiness?

These speak to the parameters that I can tweak. I could perceivably improve the clarity by changing a different gain setting, but other things will be affected.

I will be working on this problem all this week and will most likely push another test build to you before the weekend. I will be leaving for Christmas vacation on December 18th, but if you have any problems at all (if the test build crashes, for example), please feel free to call

I will share with all the results.
    My gosh, Mr. faisal, this sounds better and better. I hate to be a doubting Thomas, though, but you know it is still kind of hard to believe everything. The other guys have said that they have had companies work with them on patches and stuff, but they seem to be in computer businesses, while you said you weren't. It still doesn't make sense to me that they are working JUST with you on this thing that bothers everybody. It all sounds to me like you are a plant from PalmOne trying to keep people from dumping their TREO 650's over the sound thing.

Oh well, if you are on the up-and-up we all win . I think you need to post the patch if you really have one, since you are willing to give it out anyway. I really hope you are telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    My gosh, Mr. faisal, this sounds better and better. I hate to be a doubting Thomas, though, but you know it is still kind of hard to believe everything. The other guys have said that they have had companies work with them on patches and stuff, but they seem to be in computer businesses, while you said you weren't. It still doesn't make sense to me that they are working JUST with you on this thing that bothers everybody. It all sounds to me like you are a plant from PalmOne trying to keep people from dumping their TREO 650's over the sound thing.

Oh well, if you are on the up-and-up we all win . I think you need to post the patch if you really have one, since you are willing to give it out anyway. I really hope you are telling the truth.
    I don't know is its legit or not, but I do know that you don't have to be in the computer business to get test patches. In this case, you just have to be a Treo 650 user Companies will work with any guinea pig who uses their product and will be able to handle testing with a decent knowledge of the product. Being in the computer business doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    Companies will work with any guinea pig who uses their product and will be able to handle testing with a decent knowledge of the product. Being in the computer business doesn't really matter.
    I suppose so, but does this all sound OK to you? I mean you've got hundreds of people, well, dozens here on this discussion thread alone complaining about the way the thing sounds, and only Mr. faisal gets to work with PalmOne on the problem? It just doesn't sound right to me!!!
    I suppose so, but does this all sound OK to you? I mean you've got hundreds of people, well, dozens here on this discussion thread alone complaining about the way the thing sounds, and only Mr. faisal gets to work with PalmOne on the problem? It just doesn't sound right to me!!!
    Luck of the draw? Good timing for Mr faisal? Sometimes you get that one rep who actually cares about doing a good job. Or, if the timing is right, the patch became available and Mr faisal was in the right place at the right time. Who knows but I don't necessarily have to believe the worst about the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    I will take the patch also.

Please send it to rjmoose79ATcox.net (Obviously change the AT to @)

Thanks!!!
    Hello there Mr. F.

Please send it to me as well (rick325 @ hotmail.com). I don't know about the politics of the forum and getting patches and all that, I just want a working 650. Thanks bro.
    Did anybody get the patch from faisal? What is the result?
    From Martin Luther's Small Catechism:

The Eighth Commandment.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

What does this mean?--Answer.

We should fear and love God that we may not deceitfully belie, betray, slander, or defame our neighbor, but defend him, [think and] speak well of him, and put the best construction on everything.

Until proven otherwise, I will put "the best construction" on Mr. Faisal's statements and assume he is telling the truth. If so, he has been a great help to us all and deserves our thanks!

Now, if he is a hoax, we should rip him apart, roast him alive and dance on his grave

All in the spirit of the Season, of course
    just got an Email from Jeff at P1. Nothing new to report, just him following up to say they have been reading the posts I sent them on the sound issue and they are working on the issue. He had sent my posts and thread links to a woman engeineer at P1... wonder if it is the one working with Faisal?????
    "I believe it when I see it"

Faisal: POST THE PATCHES OR DON'T POST ANYTHING!

I am an EE myself and I can't imagine working with a test environment where I do NOT have complete control over the test environment!
    Quote Originally Posted by ucipass
    "I believe it when I see it"

Faisal: POST THE PATCHES OR DON'T POST ANYTHING!

I am an EE myself and I can't imagine working with a test environment where I do NOT have complete control over the test environment!
    Well, that's a pretty silly attitude. If you don't believe him and don't want to read his posts, just ignore them. Time will tell what the facts are and if it upsets you so much, read somebody elses posts.
    I'm accepting sound quality patches all day, any day

EDITED to remove email addy.
    Last edited by grndslm; 10/10/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    I'd like to try it too -- bill90039 at hotmail.com -- 90% of the people I talk to are complaining!
    have not received patch yet
    Well, he sent me a patch via Private Message. I loaded it and this message came up on my screen:

"YOU DON'T HAVE A TREO 650, STUPID!"
    Well, he sent me a patch via Private Message. I loaded it and this message came up on my screen:

"YOU DON'T HAVE A TREO 650, STUPID!"

Huh?
    OK, this it realy pissing me off!!! I now have my second phone, and it sounded good at first, and I posted that here. Now my friends are complaining again, they say it sounds like $#I%!!! This is unexceptable. I am going to the Sprint store, where the manager has the 650, and see what he is finding with his.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags