Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    I received my 650 a few days before Thanksgiving. Everytime I call my wife on it at our home number, she says she can't hear me, but I could hear her fine. I was hoping the problem was with our home wireless phone, but others now have also complained or asked me to repeat myself on the 650. So I do a Google search of "Treo 650 sound quality" and BINGO!! This thread. My first plan is to call Sprint and tell them I want to exchange my unit. If the next one is bad too, we'll hope for a firmware update from Palm1 . . . if still problems, I want my $$$ back.
    I have had these problems as well as "clicking" in the earpiece when the volume is load. I got a new Treo but these same problems persist. I hope the voice qualty issue can be rectified by PalmOne
    talked to two people today with the new 650- I experienced hearing two big clicking sounds from one friend and asked what that noise was and he said "what noise" , he couldn't hear any problems. The background noise was very loud and although I could still hear him it was like being on a real crappy old fashion speaker phone- I asked him if he had me on speaker phone and he said no. The other person who was calling me lond distance sounded the same- tons of background noise. Since I use my phone mostly outside the office this is just unacceptable so I switched back to my old cell phone as three people in one day asked me to call them back on a land line.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFCicotte
    If the next one is bad too, we'll hope for a firmware update from Palm1 . . . if still problems, I want my $$$ back.
    Yes, my hope is with you...
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i am so upset. after waiting several days for a new unit i finally got it and my buddy said, by the way he did not know i was on my new unit:

"How do i sound", i said, He said: "sounds like you got your TREO back"

Enough said.

I am so pissed off right now. i am going to sprint and by a new one. If it works i will keep it if not i will return it.

PalmOne will not issue me a second DOA unit.. And the worst part is that i have to return the free bluetooth head set.

What the hell.

ANy ideasA?
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    PalmOne will not issue me a second DOA unit.. And the worst part is that i have to return the free bluetooth head set.
    What the hell.
    Join the club. Nice customer service huh?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i have been dealing with a very proactive gentleman at PalmOnes headquarters. He has been working with me diligently to help resolve the issues with my Sound problem.

I recieved my second unit from PalmOne this morning and it had the same problem

I then went to Sprint in downtown Chicago and bought a new one, thinking this would be the answer.

Well on my third unit i still have the problem.

I then called my contact at corporate and told him i have the same problem with my third phone. He told me he was doing some research and found out that he thinks the problem is in the "echo cancelling software on the phone".

He is looking into it as we speak. I am holding on to the phone from sprint in hopes that the new software might be availalbe soon. I am hoping. i have nothing formal yet but will keep everyone informed.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    Join the club. Nice customer service huh?
    i really dont knwo what to say but keep trying and i would call corporate.

I would return whatever you have an hope they can solve this software issue soon.

Good Luck
    faisal - (not that you wouldn't but) let us know what he says. Hope is about all we have to hold on to. ;-)
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    faisal - (not that you wouldn't but) let us know what he says. Hope is about all we have to hold on to. ;-)
    I will keep you informed. This guy i am dealing with is very sincere and i do believe has some power in the organization.

He is aware of the problem. I am returning my two units to him for their inspection. But i do believe he will do all he can.

will let you all know.. I am looking out for all you guys. and will make sure they do

Thanks
    Well my number got transferred over tonight. My new Treo by and large has the same problem.

I'm hanging onto it, because now it is tied to my phone number I've had for five years, and I DO NOT want to lose and cannot be without. I am also greatly encouraged by the news from faisal.

I am not the type (I know that many here are) that assumes 'I have a problem - PalmOne Sucks! Everyone must have the same problem as me - this is unbelieveable', but I can't imagine that PalmOne cannot be aware of this, as it seems to be fairly widespread. I am hopeful that a software update will be available soon.

I love this device so much. It's just sad that a $600 phone can't compete with a 1998 freebie nokia for mic quality. Although it DOES seem like a simple (or not) software problem. A friend of mine said right off, 'it sounds like really overactive noise cancellation device'.

Here's hoping!
    Quote Originally Posted by swsteckly
    Well my number got transferred over tonight. My new Treo by and large has the same problem.

I'm hanging onto it, because now it is tied to my phone number I've had for five years, and I DO NOT want to lose and cannot be without. I am also greatly encouraged by the news from faisal.

I am not the type (I know that many here are) that assumes 'I have a problem - PalmOne Sucks! Everyone must have the same problem as me - this is unbelieveable', but I can't imagine that PalmOne cannot be aware of this, as it seems to be fairly widespread. I am hopeful that a software update will be available soon.

I love this device so much. It's just sad that a $600 phone can't compete with a 1998 freebie nokia for mic quality. Although it DOES seem like a simple (or not) software problem. A friend of mine said right off, 'it sounds like really overactive noise cancellation device'.

Here's hoping!
    Oh they know about it. They know about lots of things, but they don't exactly offer fixes for everything.

I don't think, however, this one will be avoidable. Imagine biz executives trying to carry on a conversation with this marbly-garbly sound. LOL!!! Yeah, right.
    I'm on my second Treo 650. The second unit does seem to have fixed the ear speaker popping sound. The mic problems are the same. (Like the others here, people say I sound "like I'm in a tunnel", "like a robot", etc. And if there is any background noise my speech is unintelligible.) Another guy I work with also bought a 650... it has the same problems. palmOne is 0 for 3 here. I really do find it unbelievable that one can't *talk* on a $600 phone - and yet I want it to work so badly.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swsteckly

Here's hoping!
    I just recived a phone call from a sound engineer at corp in california. she aplologized foe the problem and she IS working on it, I can assure you. she is in contactbwith me and I will keep all abreast. that's all I can say now. I don't know when I will hear from her again but I think it will be within the next several days or sooner. I have her name number and email. she IS the right person and she does want to help us. talk to u all soon.
    I'm now on Treo #3 as well, but good news! The one person I've called so far says it sounds a lot better. Tomorrow I'll call some other people who complained about my previous Treo and see if the new one sounds better to them too. Keeping my fingers crossed -- once the sound quality issue is fixed I'll be a very satisfied customer.
    Have you checked your software version? Any update since the original release?
    Please pardon my frustration...

DIDN'T ANYONE AT PALMONE ACTUALLY USE THESE PHONES BEFORE THEY WERE RELEASED???
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbear
    Please pardon my frustration...

DIDN'T ANYONE AT PALMONE ACTUALLY USE THESE PHONES BEFORE THEY WERE RELEASED???
    I think we can safely answer that one: NO.
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    Have you checked your software version? Any update since the original release?
    The Info menu from the phone app says my new phone has software version Treo650-1.03-SPCS, hardware rev A, PRL rev 10025. I think that's all the same as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by koreth
    The Info menu from the phone app says my new phone has software version Treo650-1.03-SPCS, hardware rev A, PRL rev 10025. I think that's all the same as before.

Yep, same one. Thanks for the info though.