Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried this with the 650 yet? I just ordered one based on a number of very strong reviews and should have it early next week. I have the jabra 250 now and am not impressed -- odd controls, difficult to put on while driving, and VERY slow interactions with phone.

Any current owners of the HBH-300, please let me know what you think.
    I was looking into this one as well, but I bought the Moto HS810 yesterday. Would love to know anyone else's thoughts or yours, thr61, as soon as you get it.
  3.    #3  
    I'll post a review when it arrives. I tried the 820 yesterday and found it easy to put on, but not as comfortable as the jabra.
    I am interested in the HBH-300 or BT800 ... when the GSM 650 comes out
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Hello, I got the HBH-300 for my new T650 (Sprint). It seems at early testing to have low volume. Please note that the earpiece goes towards the back of your ear, it does not seem to center directly over it! I noticed when I manually push it forward, the volume increases because the earpiece is properly centered!

On the positive side, it is VERY comfortable, and links up quickly to the T650. Voice quality is excellent, but I haven't tested it in a noisy environment.

My other BT headset is a Plantronics M300, I'm going to test them head to head, I will let you know!

By the way, the HBH-300 seems like the first mic/headset that has a long enough boom to get it close to your mouth!

Gary E. Brant, Staten Island, NY
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your thoughts. The HBH-300 arrived this morning and looks good. It is charging now and I was able to pair it. However, I did just run a quick test and it does not seem to be connecting properly to the phone. The manual is just about useless -- by trying to make it "universal" they have made it universally unusable!

Any tips on the pairing and connection?
  7.    #7  
    OK. I got it to work. I did not realize when placing a call you had to tell the device to connect -- my Jabra just takes over and so I assumed that was how it worked.
    that's the difference in the headset profile (SE) and handset profile (jabra)

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    that's the difference in the headset profile (SE) and handset profile (jabra)
    Can you explain a bit more about what this means? I have been meaning to try and figure out this profile thing and am unclear about both what it means and the headset vs. handset differences?

Thanks in advance.
    This thread at MobileBurn Forums may help:

http://forums.mobileburn.com/archive...hp/t-1302.html
    just ways that the BT connection is set up to respond. The headset profile is a bit older and more establish and will act like a wired headset, such as the phone rings. Now on the other hand, a handsfree profile will have the ring come through the appliance, i.e. BT unit or car speakers if its set up for a car. SE pioneered headset and Nokia and Siemens led the way with handsfree

How's the volume working for you on the HBH-300?

Did you notice that the ear pod is back, not centered over your ear canal?

Tips anyone, on making the unit louder?

Thanks!

Gary E. Brant, Staten Island, New York
  13.    #13  
    After a day of using the device, I am going to return it. I feel that the volume issue is not great (and further, that while the person on the other end is hard to hear, the signal beep sent through the set indicating on or off, is TOO loud). My largest problem is that it is not comfortable to wear and feels "floppy" on my ear like it will fall off. I don't much like the jabra 250, but at least it feels secure.

I am going to order the Moto HS850 as I think it feels secure and the reviews have suggested that it has solid performance. I will post once I get it.
    Thanks for guinea pigging that one thr61. FWIW, I've been pretty happy with the Moto HS810. I didn't even know there was successor to it. Hopefully the HS850 should provide you even better performance. Looking forward to your comments on it.
    Yep. Tried one on today and I must say I love the fit and how easy it is to put on single-handedly. And it's smaller in real-life then in the pictures. I'd like to know how it performs with the Treo 650 first before I take the plunge.

veritouch, could you test the following out and post the result:
    1. When an incoming call comes in, headset rings automatically.
    2. After answering an incoming call on the Treo, audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset.
    3. After dialing an outgoing call on the Treo, audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset.
    4. While on an active call on the Treo, pressing the headset button will transfer the call to the paired headset.
    5. Reject calls by pressing a button on the headset.
    6. Redial calls by pressing a button on the headset.
    7. Swap calls by pressing a button on the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by veritouch

Thanks!

I've read that someone from HowardForums fixed this by attaching a Jabra Eargel over the speaker earpiece.
    I just completed a 2 hour conference call using my new HBH-300 paired to my T650 and I'd like to report that I'm very pleased. The call quality was very good, comfort level was exceptional and the convenience of not being hardwired to my phone was wonderful.

My only complaint is that the user guide provided by Sony is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by veritouch

Thanks!

Please see this thread.
    Agreed, lovin the 300

I just got a 30 yeserday. The sound quality is very good and this is the only boom mike that is really long enough to capture my voice. I had to return a Jabra 250 and a Sprint Body Glove becase the mikes were too short to pick up my voice adequately.

I like everythng about the 300 EXCEPT that the speaker rest aove my ear canal so the volume is too low when I'm driving. I'd like to understand which Jabra Gels, and how these have been attached by others to the 300.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast